ADVERTISIMENT

Smart Lids Complaints & Reviews

Smart LidsRip off

After seeing Chef Tonys' add on TV, I went to the website to order these 4 lids (as a free gift an additional 4 were to be sent PLUS a bonus super lid).

When I got to the page where shipping is shown, I stopped and did not submit the order. In most legitimate sites, you are given a chance to stop the order once you find out the shipping charges. Two weeks later, the order showed up at my door (without the super large 'bonus' lid), and with a shipping charge of $15.90. When I called the company to let them know that I had canceled the order, I was told that as soon as you hit the first 'order now' button, the order is processed and can't be canceled after that point.

The customer service person gave me a take it or leave it option of returning for a $15.90 charge, or I would be given a $7.95 credit if I keep the lids. I have learned my lesson about ordering all of these wonderful items on TV---never again!! The $10 seemed like a fair price, but Chef Tony is making big bucks on shipping and handling.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Smart LidsOvercharge

I paid $20.00 for two sets of smart lids but the shipping and handling was $47.70 and because I didn't notify them that I was returning them they said that they could only give me a $20 credit, which they did. My point was that they probably didn't weight over 5 or 6 oz - they were plastic rings with a stretching plastic over them. If they would have been reasonable about the s & h charges I could have handled this, but I find this ridiculous. There is probably nothing you can do, but I have never disputed a charge in my life, but I don't like this one.

Thanks,
    Christine Heldreth.

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
      • Sh
        Sheldon Sachs Nov 29, 2008

These people are SCAMMERS. I fought them and got all my money back. I wonder why VISA, MasterCard, etc. allow them to do biz and I'm working on getting straight answers from the credit card cos. Why do they extend the charge privilege to downright fraudulent vendors?
        Write to your BBB. Fight the ###!

• Pa
        Pat Smith Nov 16, 2008

I ordered two sets of lids at - buy one get one free - for $10.00 and, yes, I would like to have the free bonus jumbo lid for just P&H. So I ordered two sets for $20.00 and the French Chef's knife for $9.95. and the free Jumbo lids for just P&H. I did not get the Jumbo lids -they were "back ordered".

My enclosed bill is for $81.60. $29.95 for product and $51.65 for shipping and handling. This certainly appears to be a scam - what do you think?

I called customer service and spoke with an unpleasant person who assured me that these P&H prices were shown (they are shown as $7.95) and that the best she could do was to cancel the order for the free jumbo lids and credit my account for $31.80. So, if that is the case, it is still a $49.80 price for this stufff.

Buyer beware, for sure.

• Ga
        Gary Betters Jul 12, 2008

These lids don't work.Put them in the fridge and they loosen up and come off.They suck Gary

ADVERTISIMENT