Menu
Home Products & Services Small Business Funding
K
11:29 am EDT

Small Business Funding - Fraudulent grant writing

This company offers grant writing services with the prospect of obtaining $500, 000 to $600, 000 for professional grants. The upfront cost seems minor ($2, 600) compared with the possibility of obtaining so much more. Once the company cashes the check, all dealings are off with them.

Prior to signing with this company, a fellow small business owner went and visited the company. Based on that information, we invested as did our two referrals. None of us received a penny in grant money. Every time I would call there was never anyone there I could talk with. I would call over and over and over until finally someone came to the phone. A month later, that person was gone. Amazing. I even wrote a letter to the president of the company, but she never had the courtesy to respond. Thank goodness I do not run my business that way.

After one year, Small Business Funding says they will honor the contract for another year free of charge (imagine that) but since they fulfilled their contract, they have no obligation to refund any money. So far, five months into this second year, they have done NOTHING.

This woman needs to be arrested and charged with intent to defaud. I would be the first to testify! Please save yourself time, money and aggravation and stay away. Your case will not be different.

Read full review of Small Business Funding

2 comments
Jan 28, 2011 2:06 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Small Business Funding has opened a new scam company called Inner Circle Corp. Please post what these scammers did to you on my complaint.

They contact victims and lie and CLAIM to have the ability to get your business thousands of dollars in Grant Funding!

PLEASE be aware that it is a SCAM! There are several fraud companies in the state of Nevada posing as a grant servicing companies or non-profits and Inner Circle Corp is one of them.

Please call the STOP GRANT FRAUD HOTLINE at [protected] for more information or to report the company that contacted you!

The scam is simple, they tell you they can help your business get thousands of dollars in grants but ONLY if you pay them a RETAINER fee.

Mike Jones has been opening and closing grant scam companies for a long time! Please go to /link removed/ and view report #509426 and report # 684941 and report#489739.

The 20 plus years of experience they CLAIM to have is experience in Grant Scam Boiler Rooms, where they take retainers for services they NEVER provide! Please report these scammers to the STOP GRANT FRAUD HOTLINE [protected] or send an email to [email protected] or [email protected]

Sep 01, 2010 10:03 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If you want recourse and to find the people who lied and stole your money and then shut their doors only to open up a new scam shop under a new company and shelf corporation. They open and close grant fraud companies, Small Business Funding, then Corporate Capital [protected], then Quid Corp [protected] and Now Compass National [protected]

Mark Jones uses many different alias name such as Mark Andrews and Todd Mathews

Bobby Fusco & Cody Christianson are the ring leaders of the the grant fraud companies.

[protected]
2920 N. Green Valley Parkway, Buiding 8 (one of the scam boiler rooms signs says The viking group)

Henderson, NV 89074

Compass National (many formers Quid employee scammers are at this location Todd Mathews & Mike Glasier & Bobby Fusco, Summer West)
Henderson, NV 89074

Tell me scammers if you have been in business since 1999 why do you only have proof of business location for your phone boiler room since Novemeber. Liars, thieves and unethical scammers who are frauding innocent hard working people. How do you look in the mirror?

Hide full review
B
10:10 am EST

Small Business Funding - Scam and cheating

This company does not exist! They are low life-dirt sucking-### of the earth-bottom feeders who do nothing but take your money. I am self employed and I thought I had better sense than to be fooled by anyone. I allowed myself to be convinced that I was hiring a grant writing organization to handle something I didn't have the time, knowledge or expertise in; but to my surprise, I was being ripped off for $2, 600! Not only did I lose all of the money I gave these people, but I put my business in serious jeopardy because of the funds/grant I thought i was guaranteed to receive.

It's been a year now and I can't even get anyone to return my call or even pick up the phone! I was sold this pipe dream by a woman named Jackie Turco who no longer works for the company. I am ashamed that I allowed myself to be so gullible and ignorant! I even checked out this company with the BBB and everything seemed to be in order--go figure!

Take it from me. DO NOT fool with these people, they are PROFESSIONAL thieves, liars and cheats! I hope everyone who works there ends up in jail!

Read full review of Small Business Funding

6 comments
Sep 01, 2010 9:03 pm EDT

N
Sep 06, 2012 10:07 pm EDT

Biron -
Please post your complaint on Jacqueline Turco with the BBB. She brags about being registered with them and there are no complaints listed, but I knew there was something fishy when she said she couldn't provide referrals for the work her website developer, or even the website locations due to NDA. Puhleeze. She claimed to be able to file for non-profits, offer websites and marketing campaigns, and 100% success rate with a guaranteed grant that paid $120k a year for life of the org. Way too good to be true. I'm sorry you lost your money! Help it from happening to someone else by posting on BBB - thanks!

NBO in Sac

D
Jan 02, 2011 6:20 pm EST

The complaint and the response from the manager, leave anyone else in a quandry and as to who is just scam or not. based on the reply I googled and searched around for( 4estrategy, LLC dba BusinessFinance.com) on linkden they give the web site hyperlink. When I used it. I found out that it does not exist. I then went to "BusinessFinanceCoach.com" and they have a site for sign up and display the BBB logo. Might be real? and not Scam. I shall find out.

Sep 01, 2010 10:05 pm EDT

M
Nov 23, 2009 1:35 pm EST

Perhaps you meant BusinessFinanceCoach.com. They are a subsidiary of BusinessFinance.com and do charge for their "coaching" services. While I do NOT have any experience with them, I just thought you might want to investigate further for your $2, 600 (which seems to be the going rate for internet scams these days).

J
Feb 27, 2009 5:09 pm EST

I work at 4estrategy, LLC dba BusinessFinance.com and it looks as though there has been a case of mistaken identity. I've sent the following message to Biron (the author of the above post) in hopes that we can clarify this misrepresentation:

Hello Biron,

My name is Jason Edwards and I manage the Affiliate/Partner relations for 4estrategy, LLC dba BusinessFinance.com. Unless I misunderstood your posting, it appears you think that you were scammed by us (BusinessFinance.com). I'm sorry to hear about your situation but we've never had a Jackie Turco working here and we do not offer grant writing services. We are strictly web-based and don't offer customer service phone support. BusinessFinance.com is simply a content driven website that provides a free business capital search engine to its visitors.

If there is a company representing themselves as us who is scamming people I need to know. Below is my contact information. Please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email so I can further clarify the matter. And would you please revise your post to not display us (BusinessFinance.com) as the perpetrator of the scam you were the victim of. Again, I'm sorry about what happened but I hope we can clarify the misrepresentation. Thanks.

Jason Edwards
[email protected]
[protected] ext. 502

Hide full review

ADVERTISIMENT
Is this your company? Claim your business, engage with your consumers, leave official public responses, track complaints and customer replies at no cost. Get free account