Slap Chop Complaints & Reviews

Slap ChopUseless!!!

I purchased the Slap Chop yesterday and today is already in the Rubbish bin, The Slap Chop is a nightmare to clean unlike the ads suggest, once you open it you cant put it back together, you waste more than 50% of what you are choping.It takes twice as much time to use it than a normal choping knife.
The graty thing that comes with it is just as bad as it is only designed to grate hard cheese.and again you will get loads of smal bits of cheese that you cant use...more waste...by far the worst thing that I ever bought for kitchen usage.
Dont wish anyone to buy it and then regret it like I did.

• Mm
    Mme Chose Mar 30, 2010

PLUSIEURS TRANSACTIONS ONT ÉTÉ CHARGÉES A MON COMPTE SOUS DIFFÉRENTS NOMS: BARGAINLINK.CA, MVS*VACATIONSAVERS.CA, YBL*BARGAINLINK.CA ET MVS*VACATIONSAVERS.CA APRÈS L'ACHAT SUR INTERNET SUR LE SITE "LESLAPSHOP.CA".

• Ru
    Ruperrt Apr 21, 2010

I see the ads on tv and am wondering if this is garbage and if their customer complaints about Slap chop or if it is a good product.

• Ha
    Haliffield May 05, 2010

One hundred percent agree with review by hawke. Food splash guard split into pieces and jammed on second chop.
    deliberate attempt to mislead in ad. They ship two gadgets in one package but charge double for shipping. Total cost amounted to $39.74(U.S). Last time I buy infomercial product. nothing but a scam.

• Ri
    Richard Webster Jul 04, 2010

I have a slapchop purchased in a local store. This product has pieces that do not fit. There is no way the plastic guard will fit inside the "butterfly" and allow it to close. This is definately junk!

Mike YBL Feb 15, 2011

Hello, I am the Director of Membership Services for the Bargainlink.ca program. Bargainlink.ca is a membership savings program that offers thousands of Canadian members thousands of dollars in savings on brand named products every day. We would like to help you get your issue resolved. We definitely do not want members to feel that they were falsely signed up to our memberships. We have many practices in place to ensure that these types of issues do not arise. Please feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-375-1795 so we can go over your membership details and assist you in getting your concerns taken care of. Our customer service department is available an open 24 hours per day 7days per week for your convenience.

Slap ChopHigh Shipping and Handling

$60.00 S&H and Unauthorized Charges.

I bought a Slap Chop which I was outrageously overcharged for shipping...and then to my surprise Vacationsavers and BargainLink charges started showing up on my Mastercard statement. The first ones to go through were $1.95 and $1.96... When I called Mastercard, they said they charged my account again, each company $19.95.

The scam started at Slap Chop website... when the online purchase was completed a screen came up saying click on this link and get a $20.00 gift card for gas and a $70.00 gift card from Canadian Tire. I assume that is how they lifted my credit card info and email address from the Slap Chop site.

Oh and then to add insult... I was just in at Canadian Tire and Shoppers Drugmart. Both were selling Slap Chop for less than $19.95 and no $60.00 shipping charge.

• Gs
    Gspeen Feb 23, 2010

I agree 100%. I had the same charges to my credit card. Both from Vacation Savers and Bargain link of $19.95 each. And further they will keep charging every month until you cancel.
    When I called Slap Chop customer service, they said it has nothing to do with them even though they agreed that Bargain Link and Vacation Savers were linked to the purchase of the Slap Chop. And further they said they could do nothing about it. There is nothing on my purchase agreement about the additional charges. They told me I have to contact these other companies directly.

Then secondly, I called Vacation Savers toll free line. Customer service said that when i purchased the Slap Chop, I clicked on a screen for addtional coupons or something. I dont even remember. They also said there is something there in the agrrement where I authorized charges to my credit card. I asked them for a copy of that agreement and they said "because it was an internet transaction, there is no record of the terms that I agreed to" OF COURSE!!! Then they also said to contact Slap Chop. So I was getting the run-around AGAIN!

So after 2 hours of phone calls and getting the run around, they agreed to cancel the membership and all previous and future charges to my credit card. And they can do it for BargainLink as well because they are all the same company. OF COURSE!!!

In my opinion, this is a pure scam. If there is something in the purchase that is inconspicuous authorizing the additinal charges, then this is purely unethical! This should severely have a negative impact on the reputation of SLap Chop if they allow this to happen to those who purchase their product.

So for those of you who got dinged, just call the company and cancel your membership and they will likely also reverse the charges.

Mike YBL Jan 17, 2011

Slap ChopUnauthorized bank charges

I ordered this product (Slap Chop) from their website after seeing an infomercial on television. Love the product and use it a lot, however...30 days after I ordered it, began seeing unauthorized charges on my bank statement for $14.95 as membership fees to a service called Easy Saver. After Googling Easy Saver I found this web site and hundreds of complaints regarding the same thing after ordering from ProFlowers.com. I contacted Easy Saver and they were more than helpful in ratifying this error and I did get the charges on my account refunded. Buyers beware.

• Ky
    kyleB765 Sep 11, 2009

I noticed a charge of 63 dollars and some change on my checking account from slap chop on 9/8/2017. Never heard of the company, until yesterday. Apparently, its a kitchen tool that is advertised on tv. Not sure if the fraudulent charge is from slap chop, or if someone stole my checking account/debit card numbers. Nevertheless, I informed my bank yesterday, they are investigating the charge.

• Jb
    JB10 Feb 18, 2010

My husband ordered Slap Chop online. He purchased this product (Slap Chop with free Graty) thinking it would cost $19.95 USD (a little more with Canadian currency exchange) plus S&H on both items, which we estimated might cost around $10. Soon after, we received 2 Slap Chops, 2 Gratys, and 2 cutting boards, which we didn't ask for nor were expecting. The only thing included with the package was a packaging slip showing all items included which were: 1 cutting board, 1 slap chop insert, 1 3rd graty blade, 2 Gratys, 2 Slap Chops, 1 surcharge.
    My husband recently got his visa bill, and realized that not only did Slap Chop charge him $81.11, but some other company named BargainLink used his information to sign him up for some monthly membership, and charged him $22.00! My husband called BargainLink (the phone number was on the visa bill) and they said he signed up twice for their service, when my husband did not sign up for anything! BL said that he signed up for their services by entering his email address (note, they got his credit card information from Slap Chop, as my husband only gave this info to Slap Chop and not Bargain Link) and they were sending him a free gas card. My husband noted he did not want to be part of their membership and then asked where his gas card as he has already been charged one month's fee on BL. BL said he would have to re-sign up to get the gas card as he had just cancelled his membership! He hung up on them and then tried calling Slap Chop at their number indicated on the visa bill. Out of service! We then realized that the Slap Chop website provides no means for any consumer to actually contact Slap Chop other than to order their products.
    These businesses are engaging in some clearly fraudulent and suspicious activity. Beware of both of these businesses!

• Sh
    Shelley123456 May 26, 2010

Be careful with the slap chop. My husband almost broke his teeth eating his salad. The plastic from the guard breaks off. I did not notice it did. Would be a great product if it had a metal guard instead. Hang onto your receipts. My husband lost ours, will cost $8.95 to send it back. Not worth it for something that will probably crack again.

Mike YBL Jan 17, 2011

Hello, I am the Director of Membership Services for the yourbargainlink.com program. Yourbargainlink.com is a membership savings program that offers thousands of US members thousands of dollars in savings on brand named products every day. We would like to help you get your issue resolved. We definitely do not want members to feel that they were falsely signed up to our memberships. We have many practices in place to ensure that these types of issues do not arise. Please feel free to call us toll free at 1.866.295.1658 so we can go over your membership details and assist you in getting your concerns taken care of. Our customer service department is available an open 24 hours per day 7days per week for your convenience.

• Ye
    Yesenia19 May 26, 2011

I lost 20 lbs with the HCG diet. It worked great for me.

• Ye
    Yesenia19 May 26, 2011

I tried it, worked excellent for me. I lost nearly 25 lbs.

Slap Chop — Unauthorized billing

Just order the 'slap chop' as seen on a tv commercial. when to their web site www.slapchop.com...