Skoda Laura Complaints & Reviews

Skoda LauraAC not working and weak Shockers

Sir,
I had bought Skoda Laura CRDI FL / AMB-MT 2.0 car vide invoice no:LDH-2010-11/000123 dated 30 Dec 2010 from Krishna Auto Ludhiana.
I visited Krishna Auto Ludhiana on 4 april 2013 with complaints:
1. Car A.C not working properly.
2. Uneven wear of Left side Rear Tyre.
I was told by Service Advisor that the compressor needs to be changed and the left side rear shocker needs to be replaced.Here I would like to bring to your notice that when I earlier visited the Dealership Krishna Auto Ludhiana on 20 oct 2012 for routine servicing and with complaint for AC not working vide Job card order no :41307 dt 20 oct 2012 indicating Odometer reading as 25544 Kms, I was handed over the car by informing me that Car AC is absolutely perfect with no problem at all and I was charged Rs 12008 vide invoice no: LDH-002989 dated 8 Nov 2012 for wheel alignment, balancing, engine inlet cleaning, servicing and lubrication.
I am surprised this time when I visited Krishna Auto Ludhiana on 4 Apr 2013, Job Card Number:43192 the Odometer reading shows 33105 Kms .This means when the car was checked on 20 oct 2012 during Servicing the AC was not checked properly neither the suspension-shockers were checked and as a result I am being asked now to pay for AC Compressor and Shocker for no mistake of mine.
I would be highly grateful if you could help me in finding answers for the following questions????????????

1: Are Car Airconditioners in Skoda meant to run defect free for two summer seasons????
2: Skoda Car shockers meant to last for 33105 Kms - 2 Years[In the process already have one worn out tyre]
3: Quality of workmanship and check-up on part of Krishna Auto Ludhiana????????
4: What Brand Value Skoda commands?????????
5: Why does one buy Skoda ?????
6: Was it a mistake by me on prefering Skoda Laura, a 14.00 lac vehicle over Toyota Corolla and
Honda Civic??????????

Earlier also in 2011 the car broke down twice on the highway on different dates.The complaint was brough to the notice of dealer but the fault could not be located on both the occassions.It was only when the car stopped on the road third time the servicing people could locate problem in Diesel Oil tank. This car piece is full of problems, which I understand escaped the attention of Final Quality control at your works.In such a competitive world a company of your repute I hope you would not like to put the customers into trouble by supplying car with defective parts.
You will find from the above that the original car was fitted with inferior AC and Shocker which were not properly traced during 0ct 2012 servicing.It is therefore requested that these defective parts be changed free of cost.
I would appreciate an early response at your end.

Thanking You

Yours Faithfully
Ashit Katiyar
Director
[protected]@gmail.com

Skoda LauraMY SKODA LAURA - COLOUR CHANGING !!!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

i purchased a SKODA LAURA in the name of Mr.Sarath Kumar of Artic BREEZE colour 5 months back and now i find the bonnet colour changing.Now the car bonnet colour is different from its body colour.Inspite of complaining many times to the dealer ", MARIKAR MORTORS" here in Trivandrum for the same simply said us that they can't help in this matter.Later they have taken some photograhs of my car and they said they will report it to SKODA company people.But till now i have not got any response.

Now i am thinking to move the case to consumer court as well as with media if my query is not solved in another 3 weeks time.
you can contact me in sabari.[protected]@gmail.com

Thanks,
Sarath Kumar

Skoda LauraTerrible service

Hi pals, as u all I too one of the worst sufferers of this idiotic company and stupid Laura. My problem is with both the car as well as the service. Bangalore Tafe access is no less . They dont even bother to see the complaint even after u tell them 100 times. My problems started in the first week itself with AC pipe broken, then 40 days waiting for a small part, next goes the loose contacts in the so called sophisticated allay of indicators and every now and then it beeps for no reason, then as usual the tyres and wind screen for which those great technicians advised to keep a towel .I had an accident for which they charged me royally and did a pathetic paint work. Next to make it worse the USB , braking system gets switched off by itself on a highway drive. I ve given it for checking and they banged my car into a bus while going for a trial . I really dont know wat to do with this car. If we can collectively raise our voice and fight back on this royal loot , atleast many others will be saved and they also learn some lessons . Somebody please take the initiativeand I hope lots more people are ready to join with us for this noble cause.

• Ri
    rishyushring baugh Jan 19, 2008

yes sir very well said . I am also suffering with this product named laura. we must get together and fight them

• Ta
    tarun Apr 20, 2008

friends
    i completly agree, a joint effort is required to fight the ###
    since its a car with worst possible a/c (will remind you of good old days of maruti 800)and i really mean that.
    loads of electrical faults
    exceptionally rude service staff
    to give you an example of my own my vehicle (laura automatic (2007 april model)air conditioning is at par with the worst ) and to prove this anybody just see my car's serice record. the registration number is dl 8c l 4027. the so called service centre is excuses right from the day two.

tarun

• Rp
    RPP Selvam Infrastructure Pvt Sep 30, 2008

Hi,

We Agree totally with you, one of the worst experience for us. We Bought one new Laura Car in September-2006 from Milenium Motors at Coimbatore. But to be honest, we have never had any problems with other cars. But with Laura the problem started from the Clutch Fly Wheel failure.

Last Week [23.09.08], we given the car to the service of Clutch Fly Wheel in Milenium Workshop, but they told that you have replaced the Clutch Fly Wheel in your car and we will be given delivery within Two days. But yet still [30.09.08], we are not deliver the car, because they are giving same reason for everytime OUT OF STOCK..!

Laura Car details are as given below;

Reg.No : TN 33 AT 7777
    Owners Name : M/S.RPP Selvam Infrastructure [P] Ltd.,
    Purchase Month : Sep-2006
    Colour : White
    Types Of Body : SALOON
    Chasis Number : TMBBSHIZ36A152324
    Engine Number : BJB 201432.

Hence we have mailed in a query to the Skoda group and awaiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards
    Ph.No : 0424-2337207.

• Ag
    agoyal Jun 04, 2010

Hey Everyone

I have a Skoda Laura as well and t be dead honest I hate every bit of the car, the service and the company on the whole.

I have come across atleast 9-10 people with A/C problems and the company giving the same lame excuses to everyone. I, along with a few other are filing in the consumer court against the company and would sincerely advice everyone on this discussion to do so. We need to collectively take this action and make ourselves heard.

Please do mail me and stay in touch.

[email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices