Silver Lakes Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews

Silver Lakes Vacation Clubfraudulent activities against owners

The Associates For Truth at Silver Lakes Vacation Club have formed to deal with many issues causing problems with the owners. Information about this group and their claims can be found at

This webswite lists the main issues against Silver Lakes and allows you to get information on signingup for the group.

• Sd
    sdubin Dec 20, 2008

This timeshare company recently underwent a management change. They have instituted new rules. They are assessing members who do not want to upgrade to an RCI account $1500 this year with a threat to iincrease that amount unless we agree to the higher RCI fees that we don't want.

We would like to join with others affected in a class action suit.

• Pa
    Patti Leonard Dec 22, 2008

I want to talke with others about the Vacation Club. I found out about their "F" grade with the BBB as I was trying to help my Mom sell her timeshare.

Email me at [email protected]

• Os
    oship Mar 09, 2010

Silver Lakes does misrepresent their products. They also treat customers badly and confrontationally. They charge a lot of unnecessary extra fees. And they make it difficult to sell and get out of a contract. In the past they did not keep up their facilities well.

• Am
    Amalia Rivera Nov 26, 2012

Is there a new lawsuit against Silver Lake? If there is, I would like to join the group. I have had many problems with management and spent a lot of money trying to get rid of my membership. I just want to get out of the contract.

Resolved Silver Lakes Vacation Clubspecial assestment fees

these people are scam artist. we bought a time share out there in the middle of the desert, and now they want us to pay a special assestment fee of $1, 500.00, which i feel is very unfair. we are not going to pay and i know we will end up in court, but i don't care. we tried to sell this time share and they wouldn't approve it. we tried to give it back to them and they wouldn't take it back either. i spoke to a legal assistant about this and was told to go to see the district attorney about these people. al she advise me to go to the on line site and communicate with other members. she said we should all join together and go to court at the same time against these people. these people are crooks. they are so wrong. i'm going through so much behind this.

Silver Lakes Vacation ClubRun Down, nasty Waste, Unlicensed.

Run for your life, because this group could care less about ethics and the law. They will bleed you and never respond in a business like manor, so you better be ready to pay, pay, and more pay, for no gain, just lots of pain. I just won a $3400 court settlement against them and they will not respond. I have no choice but to not pay them and keep fighting them until the end, so my children don't get stuck with my stupidity of joining this scam just because "I Won a free one" Its been beyond a nightmare and I will never see my money. I got scammed by a guy who has done jail time for same thing and had his Real Estate License revoke indefinately be fore I even got scammed.

If you own one of these, we should talk...Please contact me. Don't get mad, get even...

Silver Lakes Vacation ClubSilver Lakes Vacation Club unreasonable with senior citizens

My in-laws are owners of a Silver Lakes timeshare. They are 87 and 83 years old on a fixed income. They have tried to sell their vacation club membership but have had no success. (One of the problems with selling is that Silver Lakes has to approve, and charges ridiculous fees for someone to buy the timeshare.) Every year the maintenance fee is raised. Many years there are expensive mandatory special fees. This has been a big money drain for this senior couple. This year Silver Lakes is charging them a mandatory $1500.00 special assessment as well as the annual maintenance fee. The Silver Lakes staff has told them there is nothing they can do to help them, that they signed the contract and will have to pay the fees or have their credit ruined.

Chuck Parker Nov 13, 2008

My wife has one of these units, inherited from her parents. We have reviewed the original documents and they indicate our contract expires 12/31/10. So, now the operators decide to do major capital improvements with at least a 15 year life and charge us the full amount of the improvements in our remaining 2 years. We also note the documents only specify assessments for "maintenance and management expenses", not major capital improvements. We are not going to pay the special fee and we urge all other owners to do the same ! The whole scheme is unfair and not enforceable in our opinion and we are ready to go to court !

Mary Dec 04, 2008

My husband and I have one of these units also. I am not able to drive to their location to hear their sales presentation about how to avoid paying the $1500 assessment. I wrote to them and requested information about the program in writing which I have not received. I did send the request certified mail so I know they received it. I never received a proxy to vote on this assessment so we don't feel we should be responsible to pay for something knew nothing about nor had the opportunity to vote on. We have had the same mailing address for 18 years.

• Pa
    Patti Leonard Dec 22, 2008

Fees are exorbitant - services not offered