shoe zone Complaints & Reviews

shoe zoneFarcical refunds policy

I bought a pair of black lace shoe from shoe zone perth on 9/9/13 for my wife for her college and work, but she found it highly uncomfortable to wear as she developed a huge gash on her ankle just wearing them for 5 mins so the very next day 10/9/13 at 10.00 in the morning we went to shoe zone and tried to get it exchanged with another pair which has got soft cushion paddings around the ankle bit of the shoe as we went to the staff with the receipt and explained our intention she said she won't be able to exchange the shoe since it has been worn as i tried to reason with her that how it could be worn as it clearly states in the receipt I bought the shoes on 9/9/13 at 13.20 pm.She asked for a manager to intervene and the manager Helen Martin outrightly said she won't be able to refund or exchange since they can't sell the shoe to any other customer and when i tried to reason with her she accused me of being rude and we eventually didn't get to return it or exchange it.If this is the kind of refunds policy they have I am sorry to state it's a complete disgrace and the behaviour of the manager was highly disrespectful since she can't even tolerate what the customer has to say. This entire farce of a refund policy should be stopped immediately, personally me and my friends and family would refrain from shoe zone and if this kind of policies they would continue to follow I believe there would be loads of other disgruntled customers as well.One word of advice for Shoe Zone" Provide customer service and do try to honour the policies in order to be in business or else people would resort to other places".

• Ke
    Keggie Feb 05, 2014

Shoe Zone sell ladies slippers that are unfit for purpose. Is this legal? Slippers are worn for comfort and yet Shoe Zone slippers have hard ridges running across and down under the inner sole. I'd rather walk barefoot on Brighton beach. All those pebbles are a better option.

shoe zoneOver paid and discrimation

There are certain employees includin' the manager that are racist. I have seen them 'pretend' to shoot colored people with the scanner, i have heard them say racial things about them, for example their bodily oder and their clothing. Go into this shop and see who the employees are, you will see that not one colored person works there.
Not only are they racist some employees get paid for hours they do not do. The manager sits in the staff room and sleeps for about three hours and then leaves an hour before he is meant to, not only this he gets his back shaven in the staff room by another member of staff who is the supervisor there. They both have hour breaks, then go shopping for half hour afterwards.
When a new member of the team started, the supervisor left them on the shop floor (baring in mind they did not know how to work the till properly, and weren't the right level to do customer refunds/exchanges) so that they could go shopping in the mall.

This store is disgraceful and i believe that HR need to look into the management of the store and who works there. Maybe hire a secret employee spy so that they can really see the on-goings in this store.

shoe zoneworn out shoes

I have i bought few pairs of shoes for myself and my daughter from shoe zone and am appalled at how quickly they wear out, in october 2010 i bought a pair of black knee length flat boots and within a few weeks the soles cracked and started letting in water, i have also bought a couple of pairs of tanned ankle boots and again within a few weeks the shoes had cracked and ripped just from walking round in them. I bought my daughters school shoes from there and some sandals, she only wore them a couple of weeks and the souls had completely come away. I am a single parent so cannot afford 2 keep replacing my daughters shoes or even my own within a matter of weeks, this is just not acceptable and i will not b shopping in shoe zone in the future.
MISS AMANDA DYER

shoe zoneSimply awful

I purchase two pairs of the same style shoes for my sons for the new school term which started 3rd September. As we went on holiday from the 4th to the 22nd November 2009 and the fact that my sons will only wear shoes for school, these shoes have only been worn for 10 weeks. My eldest son's shoes now have a split on the sole, so I returned to Shoe Zone with my receipt to complain. The Manageress informed me that due to the shoe being older than three months they were out of their guarantee. I told her that I was surprised that they only guarantee shoes for three months and that I believed that this was not acceptable. I requested that they send my sons shoes away to be inspected by the shoe arbitrator. She refused and said that they did not do that. The only thing she could do was to give me her Area Manageress telephone number so I could contact her. Again I said that I expected to be able to speak to the Area Manager at the shops expense and asked for the Manageress to contact her. When I started talking again to the Area Manager, she was annoyed that I was not talking exclusively with her, and then said that the Manageress told her that she felt the shoes had had unfair wear and tear. I told her this was not the response I had got from this Manager and was annoyed at being told two different things. This Area Manageress told me the only thing she could do was to come into the shop during the week and inspect the shoes herself, so I had no choice but to leave these shoes with the shop. I am now going to have to wait for a call from the Area Manageress, and no doubt this will be another heated conversation.

• Am
    aml276 Aug 19, 2009

Whether you wear your shoes 1 day a week or every day it only takes one outting to do any damage to footwear. My brother and I used to get the same shoes for school and mine would last all year, his woul dbe worn out in 3 months or less. I would gladly shop at a store that offerred any form of gaurantee on footwear.

shoe zonemanager being very rude

Dear Sirs,

I bought a shoe for £9.99 from shoe zone in burnt oak branch on 22/08/08. I walked a few steps in there and found it was ok . Then the shoe was sitting in my house as I didn't go anywhere. On Bank holiday which was on 25/08/08 I wore it just out my house to the car, then I realised it is not ok and my feet is coming out. Then I took it in a bag and went straight to the shop and went to the manager and asked him whether he could change and explained what happened. He told me he can't change it as it is on the road. I told him in a nice way, Listen I just wore few steps and realised it is not ok. If you can't change it, I can never wear this, and my money is gone. He said just "get out" in front of all the customer and in front of his own collegue. I felt so bad and told him "is this a way you treat your customer? He said yes, and again told me "Get out" which felt so bad. I told him I will talk to the head office or escalate this problem further. He said "do whatever you want, and first try to register our company rules and just dont waste my time and "Get out".

It affected me a lot as I have never been rude or even used any sweared. All I was doing was just explaining. He cant even tolerate the customer talking or explaining the situation. He should have either spoken to me in a polite manner or should have spoken to me in a different way. To tell "Get out " is pretty rude and I want you deal with this.

The manager is in Shoe Zone Burnt oak branch. I have a doubt whether he is a manager or a shop assistant as he didn't have his uniform and just in a casual wear in front of his collegue. Even his collegue knows and all the customers there were just looking at him.

kindly reply to me.

Yours sincerely

Mahesh

• Ph
    Phil Dorley Sep 16, 2008

The Company policy is: We will refund any goods within 28 days providing a receipt has been produced, OR, we will exchange any product which is not suitable

charles Jan 21, 2009

that is good dorley

charles Jan 21, 2009

Shoe Zone is a fantastic shoe retailer, offering a wide selection of shoes for the whole family at some of the lowest prices in town

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices