Section 8 Housing Complaints & Reviews

[protected]@aol.com
September 18, 2016
To whom it may concern

Section 8

Dear To whom it may concern:
This letter is to complain about service I recently received from a Section 8. My case workers name in section 8 is Lisa Shockley. Last year I moved two doors down from my previous address of, 119-a Bennett Dr. That apartment had carpeting, and I have a power chair, because I am disabled. I have Multiple schloris, and Parkinson among other things. Anyway the carpet in that apartment was burning out my battery, so I put in a request for an apartment without carpet. Both and I and my apartment complex spoke with my worker and was assured everything was good for me to move. I had to submit an emergency request to move, which I did. So after talking with my apartment complex we both thought it was ok to move and so I did, two doors down. I was in this apartment for 2 months before it became a problem, at that point Section 8, under the order of my worker Lisa Shockley, who I have had problems with in the past, cancelled my voucher, and took money from my apartment complexes account. I went over this woman’s head, yet again, and was given back my voucher, but the money they took from my landlords account was not all returned, which left me responsible for the rest of a balance that they themselves caused. Now I am being forced to vacate my residence because of this 2, 000-dollar balance that was caused by Lisa Shockley and section 8. I am on a fixed income; I do not even get a 1000 dollars a month. I am struggling just to keep up with my bills. I have been given until the 26th of this month to pay off this balance or hand over my keys. I do not think this is fair, and at this point I feel like this woman Lisa Shockley is just picking on me. This is not the first time I have had to go to these lengths just to be treated like a human being through this government program, and in speaking to other people I am not the only one who has had problems with Tenn. section 8 or Lisa Shockley. All I want is to be treated like a person, and I do not feel I should be penalized and loos my home, and be denied a place to live because they arbitrarily took money out of the landlords account and then decided to only return part leaving me responsible for the balance, knowing my financial situation. I have had to go to these extremes twice now to be treated fairly and that should not be the case.

Sincerely
alicia johnson

Respond

Section 8 Housingcharged for services never rendered

This company charged my account $12.oo and sent me a receipt on 9/13/2010. It later debited my acct another $12.00 but didn't send a receipt for this one. When I heard nothing from them I returned to the site on the receipt to no avail. I do not even have a contact number for them. Enclosed is the reciept, if you want to see the charges on my statement I can forward them as well.

charged for services never rendered

1 Response
      • Ro
        RosieAllen Oct 20, 2010

The society is facing problems with such laws. This has to go legal and it’s needed to be sorted at the earlier.

Section 8 HousingNo Response/Update on Application Process

I applied for Section 8 Housing on March 2007 and never got a call, mail, or anything regarding the process of the application. Around that time, I was pregnant and went to the office to make all the necessary changes such as additional family members, but never got an update or anything that would lead me to believe they were working on my case. First of all, the staff is very rude, lazy and unwilling to do their job as customer service representatives. I then tried making phonecalls and they NEVER PICK UP. Recently I visited one of the offices and waited for a long time until I was told that my case had been closed because I showed no interest and never went to my scheduled interview which was supposed to take place around 8 months ago!!! This is totally unbelievable, who applies to Section 8 and shows no interest?! If you apply is obviously because you need it. I'm currently doubled up in an appartment that is not mine with my two children (3 and 1 yr old) in one bedroom. My living conditions are so harsh I broke into tears when they said they couldn't do anything about my situation in such a cold manner. My complaint is as follows: 1. They never called me to update me on my application (which leads me to wonder what they use all the paperwork for if they are not even going to contact the applicants) 2. I NEVER RECEIVED a letter from them stating my appointment for the interview or any mail whatsoever 3. It is impossible to reach them unless one goes in person and deals with the wait and with people who do not want to do their job 4. They never take one's situation into consideration, not even when I was pregnant was I shown any sign of sympathy 5. They can never do anything about the application case even if one's situation is life threatening! 6. I never received any sort of warning about my case being closed! What kind of social service provider is this if they can never do anything for people who are really in need? Please help me. E-mail me at [protected]@gmail.com. Your help will be honestly appreciated.

1 Response
        • Da
          Darrell Pender Mar 29, 2010

Hello, my name is darrell pender i recently reported a complaint on the fraud hotline, i never got any respond back. i been leaving messages on that line for about one year now and i still having receive any respond to the complaint. There are kids living endanger of a home and some type of action needs to take place before someone get hurts. i have contacted the police for this matter and is waiting for the respond from section 8 housing. This complaint is dated 03/29/2010. You can reach me at [protected]. Please contact me as soon as possible!