SAT And ACT Prep Center Complaints & Reviews

SAT And ACT Prep Centerscam

I was also contacted by a person telling me my daughter ordered sat prep material. I paid $119.99 for a cd and was given a web site for information on scholarships and grants. The web site does not exist but I was told I would be charged $49.95 a month for access to this site until I canceled. How do I cancel a service that I can't even access? I have been scammed!

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
    • Mi
      Michael Mar 17, 2009

I called back the very same day telling them to cancel my order. The person asked who called me I told them gave them my phone number said they would take care of it. They did the so called deposit came right out of my checking account.

SAT and ACt Prep Inc. Feb 24, 2009

The Scholarship subscription guide requires a password that you receive when the materials are shipped to you. You are given 30 BEFORE YOU ARE CHARGED TO REVIEW THAT SITE AND CALL TO CANCEL BEFORE THAT FREE TRIAL IS UP.
      The 30 days do not start until you receive the product.
      Therefore you are lying and you did receive the materials.
      THIS CALLED CONSUMER FRAUD and we take that very seriously.
      You claim has no validity and of you had an issue with the password you would have called and received help through our customer service Department .

• Co
      ConcernedCitizen Feb 15, 2009

The website is:

and I was able to login just fine.

SAT And ACT Prep Centerfraud, unreturned credit

I fell for a scam concerning my daughter and her preparation for the ACT test. Someone from the SAT/ACT prep center phoned my home and told me my daughter indicated through school that she wanted their product to help prepare her for the SAT/ACT test. I ordered the product. When my daughter came home from school and knew nothing about this product, I went on-line and discovered all the complaints about this company. I called and canceled the product. A few days later, my credit card had already been charged and I didn't even have the product yet. I called back and they said they were sorry, but told me to return the product when I received it and they would credit me. That was in October and I have yet to receive credit. After 4-5 calls and getting no where, I finally went through my credit card to get a refund. Hopefully, they will have better luck dealing with these frauds!
    Jack in Ohio

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
        SAT and ACt Prep Inc. Feb 24, 2009

Dear Jack,

First of all when your student checks off interest for the study materials, we call the parents and advise them that the student is interested. HOW ELSE WOULD WE HAVE THE INORMATION?

Secondly, you are playing victim and have committed fraud by placing a fraud complaint. You are advised the product does not ship until 7 to 10 business days. TO GIVE YOU AND YOUR STUDENT A CHANCE TO DISCUSS THE INTEREST. As stated in prior complaints WE RECORD ALL OF OUR CALLS FROM START TO END. We have nothing to hide. Now you placed a fraud complaint that we will in turn win. VISA MASTER CARD LAWS ARE PRETTY CLEAR.

Consumers who lie and do not call the vendor first are hurting our economy. Take responsibility as your package was tampered with JACK??? We know who you are???

You may call our office when you decide to be honest. Due to privacy act laws I can't display your information. But you are slandering our Company yet we have been honest from start to end and even if a REPRESENTATIVE PROMISED YOU ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF OUR POLICY WE WOULD STILL HONOR IT BECAUSE THE PRROF IS IN THE RECORDING.

SAT AND ACT PRE INC.