Saab Complaints & Reviews

SaabFraud at local dealer

I recently sold my 9-5 vehicle after taking it to Roger Beasley Saab. I was advised that I needed various repairs and the estimate was several thousand dollars. This isn't the main concern. My main concern is through other people in the auto industry, here in Austin, TX, I found out that there was a group of employees who were fired last year due to making false repairs on vehicles while cars were in and out of warranty. Two of the current employees at this dealer own saabs that they bought from customers who brought their vehicle in for problems, and the customers were quoted several thousand dollars to fix their vehicles. It turns out they needed a couple hundred dollars worth of repairs and the employees are still driving them today. Also, one of the ex employees told me that when they were fired they were forced to pay the owner of the dealer several thousand dollars so that he wouldn't press charges against them. Even the general manager of the dealer was fired over this incident because he knew what was going on and allowed it to go on. So, if the employees payed back all the money owed and are free and clear why didn't the owner or service manager start calling customers back in and at least offer to relook over the vehicles that may have been scammed. The ex employee told me that everyone who was fired had been black balled, as they should have been. Every dealer in Austin, TX knows about what happened. All Saab dealers in Texas were advised of the people involved so that they wouldn't be rehired. I was told of 2 specific warranty claims. The first one was about a complete engine assembly that was replaced last year. The part was called back by gm and they didn't have the part because the parts manager sold the engine to a scrap yard for money. Sopposedly, the service manager had to fight for a couple of months, but he was able to get it paid for. The second incident was for an abs modulator. The part never got replaced the first time and then the car came back a month later and he parts replaced a used part and fixed it the second time. My main concern is that the whole Roger Beasley franchise here in Austin, TX is more than likely corrupt and I feel like GM should investigate the saab dealer in Austin. I feel like i may not have had to sell my car. I am just upset over the incident and since I know what was happening at Saab I hope you black ball that dealer and audit them and possibly shut them down or find a new owner for this dealer. I love Saabs, but I can't trust the dealer. I hope you investigate them. I kept my name anonymous because i don't want any retribution from the owner or employees of the Roger Beasley franchise.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

SaabDon't buy a Saab!

We've had two saabs & they are complete junk! Constantly breaking down. Saab usa is horrible. They could care less if a customer is dissatisfied. We were not notified on recalls. The dealership in Hagerstown, MD is horrible. Great customer service but lousy repair shop. We even question if they were even doing the work that we were paying them for. Two incidents told us that they were not! The dealership in Harrisburg, PA was no better. Again, do yourself a big favor and don't buy a Saab car. It will nickel & dime you in repairs & You'll regret it!

Comment Guidelines

6 Responses
      • Ka
        KALEX Oct 21, 2010

I have a 2004 9-3 linear convertible and my roof is leaking. I took it to a trimmer and a registered SAAB repairer who both confirmed that it is a manufacture problem. SAAB have wiped their hands from any liability as it is too old. So this tells you that the SAAB is only good for 3 years (warranty they cover). Very sad and very disappointing as SAAB convertible has always been my dream car and to have this problem and for them not to help in any way blows my mind and I can honestly say will never ever buy one again. Has any one had similar problem as any advice would be good.

• Wo
        worthingtc Oct 15, 2010

My family and I have owned four SAABs. Their quality took a significant drop when GM bought them and made them conform to lower GM standards--a disappointment. I bought an '06 9-3 Aero and owned it for about one year. Why one year? Because that's how long it took me to get it bought back under the NC Lemon Law--WITH an attorney. The car was in the shop about 17 times for various electrical reasons. It wouldn't start three times because some auto-shutoff switch kept tripping. The brakes went out, lights flickered when using the signals, and the issues went on and on.

The dealer in Raleigh, NC was horrible. They were non responsive to my complaints. The same was to be said of SAAB Customer disService in Atlanta. Absolutely no regard for the customer (me) and my issues and complaints EVEN after I followed all of the steps in the Lemon Law portion of the SAAB manual.

I will not buy another SAAB. I want to. But until they can completely break ties with GM and redesign their cars the way THEY want to, I will have to buy a Volvo or Japanese car.

• Valerie Oct 28, 2008

Saab spent 6 months building a car I ordered, which was not built as ordered and has numerous computer, mechanical, and electrical issues. Saab is not honoring their 3 year 36, 000 mile warranty. The car is less than 6 months old with less than 1300 miles on it. I have already had to shell out thousands to fix mechanical and electrical issues. The computer issue can't be fixed because the after service center doesn't have the software to fix the car's computer. Apparently, Saab Korea only does 90 day warranties on brand new cars and 30 days for used. This makes absolutely no sense.

Saab dealership committed check fraud and the parent company committed accounting fraud based on the documents I collected during this ordeal. 2 different accounting data on the deposited checks prove it along with additional evidence showing actual water washing of 1 of the checks. I have also discovered that Saab breached their own sales program by overcharging me, breaching the original sales contract, not to say that they sent me a few other invoices that continued to charge more for the car. Evidence to unscrupulous business practices and extortion by Saab.

• St
        steve adams Aug 26, 2008

im sorry but your wrong about saabs being junk. its really only your opinion and not fact, you havent actually showed any concerns about the 2 saabs you've owned, just constantly breaking down?? and weather or not you looked after them properly?? i think bob the tech is completely right, your only concern is with the dealers, im from australia, im a technicians at a SAAB dealer, and it saddens me that a dealership has tainted your experience with saabs, we dont have a big saab network in australia, so we have to have closer ties with our customers not having many of them!! i myself owned a 2001 9-5 S estate, being a technician i knew what to look for, things that go wrong with them, and fixed them way before they went wrong, the 2 years i owned, it never let me down. its to bad your not in aus, you wouldnt be having those problems with customer/dealer relations.

PS your never gonna find a car that doesnt have things wrong with it, ever

• Mi
        Mike Aug 14, 2008

i own a 2007 saab 93 linear convertible and it has been in the workshop 16 times since purchased new.
        Despite this, it is in a class of its own especially after owning a 2005 BMW 5 series previously.

• Bo
        Bob the Tech. Jun 08, 2008

Saabs have been known for their quality for a very long time, a generalized statement is somewhat unfair.
        As far a your dealership goes...well that may be another story, if the service department stinks then that needs to addressed. ( bad repairs do not make "great customer service" by the way) To be fair there one must realize a service departmant is made of individual techs, some good, some not so. The service manager is the person to talk to. It is his job to deal with your problems.
        Being in the automotive industry myself (not Saab) I know no car company makes junk but none is perfect either.
        As far as a real recall goes the law states that owners need to be informed of recalls.