Rugged Ridge Complaints & Reviews

Rugged RidgeWarranty issues

Received a "Rugged Ridge Center Console Pad" as a gift - great product, however the seams started to pull apart so I contacted customer service on their website - After a frustrating process of having to register, confirm, and then interact with them via a "complaint" board, I finally received a response that said, and I quote

"not passing the responsibility, you do have a warranty on your product"

Well, apparently I don't, they want me to track down an order number from the person that gifted it to me. It's clearly a Rugged Ridge product (which was advertised as having a 60 month warranty), I've submitted photos per their request, but basically its find the original order number from the original retailer or I'm out of luck.

Rugged RidgeBad service

I purchased a Rugged Ridge Stone Guard from this company in December 2007 as a gift. This is a plastic part. It was too cold to install during the winter. I waited until June to install the part. This part was installed per the instructions. First time the vehicle was driven, the part broke off of the Jeep. I wrote to the company and this is their response.

" I apologize for the problem you had with the hood stone guard. We normally do not have any issues with these. For any warranty exchange or refunds you will need to contact the original retailer. Standard warranty on this product is 90 days."

First they sell me junk, then they do not want to support their own product. Nice customer service. I would recomend never purchasing from this company.

• Kp
    K.p.s. Jul 22, 2015

I purchased neoprene seat covers front and back for my 04 jeep wrangler LJ in August of 2013. The summer of 2014 my brother made a comment that the covers had a redish color to them. I kept saying it was all in his head and was seeing things, but he was right. By the summer of 2015 they had faded to a pink color. I originally had purchased these items from Summit racing. When I called them they directed me back to Rugged Ridge because the warranty had run out. When I contacted RR they said they would replace them (and they let me know what a big favor they were doing me) if I sent pictures and the original order slip. I did not want another replacement pair, because most likely they would do the same thing. No, I wanted my money back. This is when the conversation ended. Am I being unreasonable? Ken S.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices