RPM Collection Agency Complaints & Reviews

RPM Collection AgencyHarassing Phone Calls-Fishing?

I received repeated calls from this phone number, sometimes 3 or 4 in a day. I didn't pick up, and they never left a voicemail. Finally, after a couple of weeks of constant calls, I picked up the phone. A recording (robot) said, "Please hold, I have a call for you." Some music played. In about 10 seconds an aggressive man picked up the phone and asked for me by name. I confirmed it was me. He claimed to be a collector trying to collect $34 on a "utility bill" that was unpaid. I pushed for details--what utility bill? What date? He told me he would "pull up my records, " and while he was "waiting" for the computer to load, he continued to insist I give him credit or check information to pay my alleged debt. I refused and continued to insist on more information. Finally, he claimed the computer was "frozen", he couldn't access my records, and he would call back later. It has been 24 hours and he hasn't called back. I am assuming this is a SCAM, and these people are FISHING for payment information! I have no outstanding utility bills, no record of any debt. Beware of this company!

2 Responses
    • Cr
      cris Mar 07, 2009

please i need to report phone call made from trinity hope [protected] threatened me on phone ( tonya and Cathy) . I keep getting calls and they wont tell me what this is in regards to.

• Al
      Allison Nov 01, 2008

I've gotten phone calls on my home phone. I don't owe anyone any money at this time. I noticed that there are a lot of complaints against this company. My family and I do not want any more phone calls from them or any correspondence. Thank you.

RPM Collection AgencyHarassment

This company calls me twice a day harassing me over $367 from a bill that I should not have with Direct TV. They still call after I've repeated asked them nicely to just leave me alone. I've stated that whatever they're trying to collect will never get collected, so please take me off their calling list for it is a lost cause. I cancelled my services with Direct TV over a year ago and Direct TV accidentally charged my account for $400. They admitted their wrong and clearly saw the error. I was promised a refund and then later told that I had to pay $367 for early cancellation. I asked them to simply take it from the $400 they accidentally charged me or to send me a refund for $400 and then I would give them the $367 for the bill in return. Well needless to say I never received a refund, so I did not bother to send the $367. Direct TV turned my account over to RPM Collection Agency and I've been receiving phone calls twice daily ever since. I don't know about you, but if someone accidentally takes money from you and then request that you send them even more money in order for them to return the money they shouldn't have taken in the first place... ummm that doesn't sit well with me. I mean would you give someone $767 for a bill that's only $367? The people calling from RPM don't sound very educated and tell me things like they don't care about what Direct TV did to me. I've been told that I'm irresponsible and stupid for letting them take the initial $400. I was once flat out called a liar because the rep from RPM told me that Direct TV doesn't work that way. How do you ever expect to collect a debt if you conduct business in this harassing manner and speak to people this way? If I'm wrong, will someone else please explain in a different manner, but after the harassment I refuse to deal with these guys or listen to anything they have to say.

Respond

RPM Collection AgencyRPM Fraud!

So i broke a contract with T-Mobile, we settled that i will have to pay them $414 i paid the full amount T-mobile had a great customer service. After 8 months RPM Collection Agency calls and tells me that i still owe them $147.50 i was like i paid all this off like 8 months ago and you call me now he tells me that he got a letter from "previous collection agency" i was like oh really he was like yes really. I asked him what was the previous collection agencies name he couldn't provide it so this is where i actually understood what he wants i told him i will claim a file in court in small claims department since i don't have the old papers so they call me everyday telling me that i owe them money & the guy threatens me. I am sending them court files even though i work with the law enforcement myself i will shut them down for good!

Last thing you should do is answer there phone call.

Here is there number

[protected]

Receivables Pre.

I see so many complaints about this debt company & knowing that they got sued over 17 times in less than 3 months. I don't even know why they are still around

RPM Collection AgencyAwful experience

The phone number [protected] showed up with several other numbers on my caller ID for about the last month. The calls would come in whether I was home or not. Since I didn't know of anyone at the numbers listed on my caller ID, I didn't worry about not returning the calls. I had just gotten a new phone number, so it was probably an 'inherited' problem.

Today, I decided to answer when the call came. I was harassed by a woman who claimed that I owed money to Verizon for phone service. I have never had an account with Verizon. She claimed that I owed about $168, was rude and close to thuggish about it, and asked for the last four digits of my SSN. When I gave her those digits, she said, 'Oh, my God! I have the wrong person!'

I really let her have a piece of my mind. Here I had given her all this personal information, and I'm the wrong person! She asked if my address was some street address I've never heard of in life. I told her it wasn't. She apologized, but this was after treating me badly over a relatively small amount of money.

I requested a letter stating that it was a mistake be sent to me. She claimed that she had removed me from the system, but would not agree to send the letter. I just didn't want to have it added to my credit report by mistake since she had called me by mistake.

Not once did I receive any documentation in the mail from RPM at any time. THERE ARE UNAUTHORIZED PEOPLE (THIEVES) OUT THERE WHO TRY TO COLLECT MONIES THAT WILL NOT END UP IN THE POSSESSION OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITORS, SO WATCH YOUR BACK.