Rocky Mountain Reader Service Complaints & Reviews

Rocky Mountain Reader ServiceFalse Advertising and exhorbident pricing

Caller claimed/intimated he was from Golf Digest Magazines and offered renewal subscription for what I thought was $25.00 for two years. On checking my account I had already renewed for two years in January of 2008. A call to Golf Digest informed me that they hadn't called me. Upon further checking I found out that this company had already applied the charge of $45.00 and not $25.00 against my account. I contacted the company by phone and was informed by their billing department that they would reimburse my account. We'll see. On checking their website I see that their are numerous complaints about this company for fraud and false advertising. I should never have given out my card number in the first place but I understand I am not the first person to be taken in by this company.

• Mi
      Mingmama Aug 11, 2010

Total scam artists. The woman, Rachael, tried to tell me I owed $49.95 for 60 months for 5 magazines @ almost $3000.00 After refusing to give her any information she proceeded to tell me if I didn't pay that I would have to cancel for $250.00. I don't ever remember signing up for any of this but she wanted my credit card number to verify before she could send me my contract in 4-7 business days. I told her I'd get a lawyer and sue their [censor]. She said she'd call back in a few days.
      Don't let these people fool you. Don't give them any information & stop any payments to them!
      Rip-off artists!!!

• Ms
      msspurlock Dec 30, 2008

These people ar scam artists.
      Don't do business with them.
      Several states are investigating them and the FTC has a list of complaints against them.
      They pose as both a magazine service and as a collection agency, targeting seniors mostly, or people who've had bankruptcies.

Rocky Mountain Reader Service — Scam and cheating!

These guys have tried to contact me at a number where I don't work, so aggressively that it drew...