Robert S. Mueller, III Complaints & Reviews

Robert S. Mueller, IIIFBI Headquarters in Washington DC

I received an email from Robert S. Mueller, III ([protected]@yahoo.com sent Sat 6/12/10 @ 10:56 pm with attachment FBI.txt (69KB). Anti-terrorist and monitary Crimes Division, FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. Federal Bureau of Investigation; J. Edgar Hoover Building 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington D.C. [protected]

This is a 3 page letter which I don't know if your space will allow me to write it all but it starts out: Attention Fund Beneficiary, This is an official advice from the FBI Foreign Remittance/Telegraphic dept. It has come to our notice that the C.B.N Bank Nigeria District has released 10, 500, 000.00 U.S. dollars into Bank of America in your name as the beneficiary, by inheritance means. The C.B.N. Bank Nigeria knowing fully well thay they do not have enough facilities to effect this payment from the United Kingdom to your account, used what we know as a secret diplomatic transit payment S.T.D.P. to pay thiq fund through wire transfer, they used this means to complete the payment.
They are still, waiting for confirmation from you on the already transferred funds whih was made in direct transfer so that they can do final crediting to your account. Secret diplomatic payments are not made unless the funds are related to terrorist activities why must your payment be made in secret transfer, if your transaction is legitimate, if you are not a terrorist, then why did you not receive the money directly into your account, this is a pure coded, means of payment? Records which we have had with this method of payment in the past has always been related to terrorist acts, we do not want you to get into trouble as soon as these funds reflect in your account in the U.S.A, so it is our duty as a word wide commission to correct this little problem before this fund will be credited into your personal account.
Apparently I am not going to be able to type all of the 3 pages . I have no idea how any of my information was retrieved by the CBN Bank Nigeria District to be able to transfer any money into my accounts because they would have to have my name etc. I am not a terrorist, but a 61 yr old female that has been disabled for 10 years. I have lived in the state of Washington for 59 years. Your letter says that you advice me to contact you immediately, as the funds have been stopped andare being held in your custody, until I can be able to provide you with a diplomatic immunity seal of transfer (dist) withing 3 days from the World Local Bank the authorize the transfer from where the funds was transferred from to certify that the funds that you are about to receive from Nigeria are Antiterrorrist/drug free or we shall have caus to cross and impound the payment, we shall release the funds immediately we receive this legal document. I would love to be the rightful person to receive this fund however I would have no idea why I would be chosen to receive any money from Nigeria. I have no validation records. I have never been in the military service, had my fingerprints taken, been arrested, or have a rap sheet. Your letter says these condition is valid for 16 days and after you shall take actions on cancelling the payment and then charge me for illegally moving funds out of Nigeria. I am a little confused if this letter is legitimate and just how I am to go about getting you the documentation you are requesting when I have already told you that I have no Idea why I got this letter. I also got an email from the U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria on the same day as your email which says attn: Beneficiary. It indicates they are sending one of the diplomats to our country to have an official meeting and he will be bringing and ATM card or in form of consignment. They are asking me to pay the cost of the package registration in the amount of $125.00 and that it must be paid between now (6/12/10) and the next 50 hours. I have no intention of doing what they are asking. I am suppose to send the fee via money gram or western union money transfer to: John Udo in Lagos, Nigeria. Text question: Why: Answer: No Hitches: Amount $125.00.
As I said before, I am confused if you really are requiring me to get an FBI Identification Record and Diplomatic Immunity Seal of Transfer, because I know absolutely no reason why that kind of money would be sent to me through Bank of America. I am going to attempt to just email you both of the emails (yours and U.S. Embassy) and if I have to do anything else you can call me at the above noted phone number.
Audrey Eby

anupammukhi Jun 14, 2010

It is a fraud, do not give your account number or pay any sort of money

• Fi
    fiona124 Jun 14, 2010

Don't send any money. This is a well known scam that has been done in several varieties in the past. You send them the money and they send you absolutely nothing. They put you on a short deadline hoping to catch you off guard. They don't want you to think about what they are asking you to do and realize that it is a scam.

m and w Jun 21, 2010

I just received the exact same e-mail that you did from Robert S. Mueller, III. Like you I do not know how I would have received these funds. I did reply to the e-mail stating that I dont know why I would be receiving the money. And in fear of being arrested or called a terrorist I replyed stating that you know better then I do my record and information being at the FBI. Not really sure what this is all about but seems rather strange and unnerving.

• Mo
    Mom3xsLucky Jun 22, 2010

The FBI email scam has morphed into something so sophisticated, it strikes fear into those unsuspecting victims. It is unnerving because the emails are not being sent only once to the recipients, as I received 4 today. The unstable economy and struggling working families do not need additional threats. Hope the organizations is brought down soon and those individuals brought to justice.

Marva W Jul 14, 2010

i received the same email

ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONETARY CRIMES DIVISION
    FBI HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
    Federal Bureau Of Investigation.
    FBI-Washington Field Office
    601 4th Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20535
    206-600-7879

ATTENTION:FUND BENEFICIARY

OFFICIAL WARNING FROM THE FBI FOREIGN REMITTANCE/TELEGRAPHIC DEPT. :

It has been discovered that your contract/inheritance/winning FUND was
    about being transferred to an unknown account under your name. This
    attempt was perpetrated by someone who claims to be working for you, and
    that you have given him due authority to have the FUND moved to the
    account specified below:

SOUTHWESTERN FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
    WESCORP 924 OVERLAND COURT
    SAN DIMAS, CA 91772. USA.
    ACCOUNT NUMBER: 322079133
    ABA/ROUTING NUMBER: 1220-41-21-9
    SHARETYPE NO.: 25

FINAL CREDIT HABIB FENZI AND CO. (Beneficiary).

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.) waded in after being alerted
    by the supposed bank. We investigated and found that there is a possible
    money laundering activity in play. The FUND (US$12, 000, 000.00) was found
    to be deposited in Bank of America in your name pending your consent to
    have it transferred to the new account indicated above. It was further
    revealed that initial FUND transfer originated from Nigeria to England and
    now here in Bank of America in USA. These transfers did not follow due
    process in line with the international FUND transfer rules and regulation.
    Consequently, we suspect this be a terrorism funding, drug related fund
    deposit and/or money laundering. As stated above, the FUND has your name
    on it; and you must have it cleared of any connection with any of these
    illegal activities. Be informed that FAILURE to have this cleared out will
    attract a JAIL TERM. We will not hesitate to visit the full weight of the
    law upon you if you do not clear this fund. There is every indication that
    you are involved in this shady deal.

Finally, you are expected to have the CLEARANCE DOCUMENT obtain from where
    the FUND originated from to have you and your fund cleared. Only then
    shall we release your FUND as clean money devoid of any illegality, and
    you will be free of any involvement. To this end, you are to contact Mr.
    Spencer Lulu of the Anti Graft Department of Economic and Financial Crimes
    Commission (E.F.C.C.) Nigeria and have the DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY SEAL of
    TRANSFER (DIST) CLEARANCE DOCUMENT obtained. Contact him through this
    direct email address: [email protected], Note that you have
    72hrs to obtain this crucial Documentation.
    This has to be cleared!
    You are warned!

Faithfully Yours
    Robert S. Mueller 111
    FBI Director
    Federal Bureau Of Investigation.
    FBI-Washington Field Office
    601 4th Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20535

• Ka
    Kandandrea Sep 03, 2010

I'm blown away of all people to be in the mixed of this is me! I've read all of these comments and its inane I opened up my email in received the same email from the FBI stating if I don't repy with in 72 hours i will be arrested. I'm so shaking up right now I'm a 24 years old woman with kids and I never been arrested or have a rap sheet. These scam artist are differently out there, but I never thought they would actually enter my life. I would say "be careful" but I was and it still happened to me. I just want this cleared and get on with my life

• Te
    tetommy Sep 06, 2010

ANY E-MAIL COMING FROM OUTSIDE U.S. IS 99% OF THE TIME A FRAUD. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF SCAMMERS AND HUNDREDS OF WAYS TO SCAM. I HAVE MADE A STUDY OVER THE LAST YEAR
    ON THIS SUBJECT [SCAMMERS] AND TO SUM IT UP, IF YOU ARE BEING REQUESTED TO SEND MONEY TO GET MONEY, IT IS DEFINITELY A FRAUD. IF YOU WANT TO SAVE TIME, MONEY, AND FRUSTRATION, DELETE THESE TYPE OF E-MAILS AND DON'T BOTHER TO REPLY. I GUARANTEE YOU WILL NOT HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN. THEY ONLY COME AFTER YOU ONCE THEY THINK THEY HAVE YOUR ATTENTION. AND DO NOT EVER CALL THEM.
    [email protected] IF EVER IN DOUBT E-MAIL ME.
    THANKS

Robert S. Mueller, IIINotice from the FBI

I received the following email, which I know to be a scam. I have included the header details so you can track the email. Good Luck!

Received: from mail.gmx.net ([213.165.64.20]) by vms172049.mailsrvcs.net
(Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-6.01 (built Apr 3 2006))
with SMTP id <[protected]@vms172049.mailsrvcs.net> for
[protected]@verizon.net; Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:28:06 -0600 (CST)
Received: (qmail invoked by alias); Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:28:01 +0000
Received: from unknown (EHLO User) [196.3.183.72] by mail.gmx.net (mp043)
with SMTP; Tue, 24 Feb 2009 00:28:01 +0100
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:27:57 -0800
From: "Robert S. Mueller, III"<ben.[protected]@gmx.de>
Subject: IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM FBI.
X-Originating-IP: [213.165.64.20]
Content-type: text/html; charset=Windows-1251
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-priority: Normal
Sun-Java-System-SMTP-Warning: Lines longer than SMTP allows found and wrapped.
X-Authenticated: #5548510
X-Provags-ID: V01U2FsdGVkX1/fnA8zlInf/K1MoDncfPqatQYdKjJXTItB+lxQYp
1WFY8IlaY+5fha
X-Y-GMX-Trusted: 0
X-FuHaFi: 0.[protected]

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division
Fbi Headquarters In Washington, D.C.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. [protected]
Website: www.fbi.gov
Email:[protected]@mail2washington.com

ATTENTION FUND BENEFICIARY,

NOTIFICATION! NOTIFICATION!! NOTIFICATION!!!

This is an official advice from the FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI). It has come to our notice that some certain individuals have used your name as the beneficiary of funds worth Millions of United States Dollars from abroad. These individuals with their collaborating banks knowing fully well that they do not have enough facilities to effect this payment from any part of the world to your account, used what we know as a Secret Diplomatic Transit Payment (S.T.D.P) as well as the ATM card system to pay this fund which has not been completed till this day. Direct transfers are difficult and Secret Diplomatic Transit Payment (S.T.D.P) are not made unless the funds are related to terrorist activities and we ask why must your payment be made in secret transfer if your transaction is legitimate.We do not want you to get into trouble as soon as these funds reflect in your account, so it is our duty as an International Commission to correct these little problems before this fund is

We advice you to contact us immediately, as the funds have been stopped and are being held in our custody, until you are able to provide us with a Diplomatic Immunity Seal of Transfer (DIST) document within 3 days from the Country that authorized the transfer from where the funds was transferred from to certify that the funds that you are about to receive are terrorist/drug free or we shall have cause to impound the payment and subsequent prosecution. We shall release the funds immediately we receive this legal document and make sure that you get your payment without any further delay.

We decided to contact you directly to acquire the proper verifications and proof from you to show that you are the rightful person to receive this fund, because of the amount involved. Be informed that the funds are now with a top bank in the United State in your name and under the monitoring/custody of the FBI. At the moment, we have asked the bank not to release the fund to anybody that comes to them, unless we instruct them to do so, this is to enable us carry out a comprehensive investigations first before releasing the fund to you. Hence, you are to forward the document to us immediately if you have it in your possession, if you do not have it, let us know so that we will direct you where to obtain the document and send to us. Thereafter, we will ask the bank holding the funds, to go ahead and credit your account immediately. FBI Identification Record and Diplomatic Immunity Seal of Transfer (DIST) often referred to as a Criminal History Record or Rap Sheet is a listing of c

Final Instruction;
1. Credit payment instruction: Irrevocable credit guarantee.
2. Beneficiary has full power when validation is cleared.
3. Beneficiaries bank in U.S.A. can only release funds.
4. Upon confirmation from the World Bank / United nations.
5. Bearers must clear bank protocol and validation request.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ NOTE: We have asked for the Diplomatic Immunity Seal of Transfer (DIST) document to ensure the most complete and up-to date records possible for the enhancement of public safety, welfare and security of society while recognizing the importance of individual privacy rights. If you fail to provide the Documents to us, we will charge you and take appropriate action against you for not proving the legality of the funds. The United States Department of Justice Order 556-73 establishes rules and regulations for the subject of an FBI Identification Record to obtain a copy of his or her own Record for review. The FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) division processes these requests to check illegal activities in USA and beyond. An individual may request a copy of his or her own FBI Identification Record for personal review or to challenge information on th
FBI Director