Roadway Express Complaints & Reviews

Roadway ExpressScam

In Tulsa, Ok on 03/19/10 around 5:30 pm while driving south on highway 169 a Roadway truck almost ran into the back of my car. I was driving 55 MPH in at the beginning of a construction zone ( the posted speed limit). The truck driver hit his/her brakes and slowed down to the speed limit less than 5 feet from my rear bumper. Then preceded to press my to speed. The cab # was either 21567 or 25167.

Roadway ExpressLost entire shipment

Transit Systems, Inc. was the arranger, but Roadway was the carrier. AWFUL! Lost entire shipment and when finally delivered, EVERYTHING (all 8 pieces) were damaged. Two of the pieces were metal bedframes. How do you damage a metal bedframe? I had wrapped an LCD TV (in its original new packaging) completely in shrink wrap to avoid "prying eyes". Not only did Roadway remove the wrap, they actually OPENED the sealed box and removed the power cord so I couldn't test it. Deplorable. I am not bothering with a claim because I know how they hide behind the DOT.

• Do
    Dorren Jan 11, 2010

Upon returning from a trade show we shipped our crates via Roadway Express. However only 6 of the 7 crates made it back to our company. Upon contacting Roadway we had to conduct OUR own investigation. All 7 crates did arrive at their check point facility here in Louisville, KY and the driver signed for all 7 crates yet only 6 arrived. It just so happens that it was the crate that contained our flat screen televisions. Roadway has been very difficult to deal with in this situation they do not want to accept responsibility for this loss.

• Ki
    Kids0831 Oct 07, 2015

I shipped with Transit Systems in the past and they did an excellent job. Shipping a LTD TV is a tricking business; Transit Systems specializes in furniture shipping. We shipped a couch and a dining room table. They no longer work with Roadway Express for the obvious reasons.

Roadway ExpressPoor, poor customer service

Waiting for a delivery and apparently yellow freight and roadway have merged. Item shipped to yellow and they do not service my area. Roadway finally calls to set delivery date and I take the day from work only to be called and advised that they can't delivery on the scheduled date. They are only 25 minutes from my house but won't accomidate me. Poor, poor customer service! I can take a lot but customer service is important to me and the lack thereof.

• Sh
    shane304 Apr 11, 2011

EVERONE NEEDS TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB OF NEW JERSEY!
    YRC has a "B" rating with only 1 complaint filed! Mine makes 2! We need to give them a more accurate rating "F". The more comlaints that are filed, the lower rating they will get!

• Co
    Connie L H Mar 13, 2012

Roadway Express or Yellow Freight have the poorest customer service ever. We were shipped 3 pieces of furniture. The driver that delivered the shipment looked to be about 90 years old and weighed about 100 pounds. Stood with his hands on his hips and told me (a lady) that I had to get it off the truck. Seems to me if you are delivering freight that the delivery is not complete until you get it off your truck. Roadway is now charging me an extra $231.33 to come back with this on a left gate trailer. This is in addition to the $747.00 I have already paid to have it delivered. What made me even more mad was I was quoted $75.00 to redeliver with a lift gate but when the driver came back it was $231.33. I now have in big bold letters on my purchase orders to never ship anything to me via Roadway or Yellow freight and I will encourage everyone else to do the same. Save yourself the grief and do not do business with Roadway or Yellow Freight. I have to add that out of the thousands of shipments I have received that Roadway & Yellow freight is the only company that I have had this problem with. They do not care about the customers. What they do need to understand is you building a business one customer at a time and you can lose a business one customer at a time.

Roadway ExpressTerrible experience

My husband has worked for Roadway for 9 years.He was transferred to another terminal and we spent a great deal of money relocating.6 weeks later they laid him off.The union does not protect the employees and the labor practices of this company are horrible.There is absolutely no job stability or certainty working for these people.I hate Roadway. Since Yellow bought the company it is WORSE.

You do not want to work for these idiots unless you want a 1000% stress level.Roadway=BADWAY!!! We are now in great financial stress because of this.

How can you relocate an employee 400 miles and then lay them off after 6 weeks?? UNFAIR!!!

• Cl
    Claude Davis Oct 27, 2008

As a former employee of Roadway Express I can sympathize with Cyrill.I gave 15 yrs of my life to
    Roadway and my reward was getting layed off every holiday that rolled around.My boss said he
    was told to lay someone off and since I was the junior man he had no choice, yet after the holidays
    are over I find out every driver at my terminal made a lot of overtime.Certainly not fair and the
    union did nothing to investigate these allegations.It's been 3 years since I left terminal 710 in
    Daytona Bch.Fla and it was the best move I ever made.So to all who read this there is life after
    Roadway Express and the teamsters so don't be afraid to make that move, you won't regret it.

• Mu
    mudflap Apr 16, 2009

roadway wasnt the best place to work for...agreed...but things have gone to hell in a handbasket since yellow bought roadway...gone from bad to worse?... gone from bad to nearly intollerable... every single day i wonder if i have a job..or how many people they are going to lay off this week or the next...poorly mangaed...poorly planned...yellow management is absolutely dragging down everyone...makes me wonder where4 these guys went to college...they arent the best and brightest and they sure as hell dont know freight!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices