RJM Acquisitions Complaints & Reviews

RJM AcquisitionsScam

hi, i just got a letter from them saying i owe $ 2, 386 from an citibank account opend up in 1990 and my previous adress supposed to be in cleveland, ohio.

Fun thing is i never had a citibank account, never have been to cleveland and in 1990 i was 3 years old and in germany. MY SSn was incorrect too, so they just make up some information in hope some people would be dumb enough to pay them. Oh yea and i had three options with a detuction payment, just makes me laugh!!!

My advise, ignore the letter and dont pay anything

Respond

RJM AcquisitionsScam artists

I received a letter today from RJM Acquistions stating that they had purchased an overdrawn bank account in my name from a bank that I have never done business with.

If RJM Acquisitions is indeed a legitimate bottom feeding parasitic company that purchases bad debts from legimtimate entities, then they are staffed by incompetent, negligent and confused monkeys. If not, these rectal polyps are scam artists.

3 Responses
      • Li
        Lighthouse Recovery sucks Sep 29, 2011

What kind of scam are they running? RJM Acquisitions sent a bill for some book club that I never joined for an address that I never lived at that was 10 years old! Plus they placed a collections on my credit report! WTF? These scam artist must be stopped!

• Ex
        expatbrit Apr 21, 2011

I found this today and have included it as RJM is well known for trying to collect debts in states where they are not licensed. Check out this link for more information.

• Ex
        expatbrit Apr 18, 2011

RJM are indeed bottom feeders that specialise in buying legally unenforceable debt. To my knowledge they are currently under investigation in NY as their new (moved) address is in Syosset.

They used to be based in St Cloud MN but appear to have moved after the attorney general there started legal proceedings against them. One tactic they do seem to have dropped since the move though is offering their marks a credit card if they transfer the old debt onto it at 0% interest thank goodness. This was just a ploy apparently to re-age the old debt and make it enforceable again whilst not actually issuing the credit card mentioned until the old debt was paid!

My advice would be to request by certified delivery a verification of the debt within 30 days and when it never arrives as I suspect it won't send them a second letter again certified stating that they must cease communication with you immediately.

If as they have done in the past they threaten legal action then your proof that you requested verification and never received it will be enough for any court to throw out the case and order them to remove any queries they may have put on your credit report.

Oh I forgot to mention check your credit report from a free site such as creditkarma.com as they are known amongst several other ### to place hard inquiries or false payment information on your report in an attempt to fraudulently re-age the debt or get you to pay what you do not owe.

RJM AcquisitionsStay away from them

I am an avid reader and had once belonged to the book club, however all my purchases were paid in full and the book referred to were returned to the original company in the original packaging. I googled rjm acquisitions, and lo and behold, a scam company. I just began trying to purchase a home and clear up some errors on my credit report last week, when I received this bill from rjm. Of course I am disputing the accuracy.Forewarned is forearmed. I got some great ideas from other pissed off consumers. I intend to follow through and resolve this.

3 Responses
        • Sv
          Svenson Apr 09, 2010

RMJ asked that I settle a $1279.08 claim by paying $383.72. This was for a Citibank credit card debt. I had a Citibank credit card but RJM provided a bogus account number. I ran my credit report on found no claims by RJM or anyone else. This company needs a lawsuit filed against it for fraud! The company provides a toll free number [protected]. My letter was dated March 18, 2017. The letter presented two other opportunities for me to get excited about. Second was to send $40 towards a settlement of $639.54. The third option was to send $20/month until I paid the entire balance. Don't fall for it!

• Te
          TexasRose Dec 29, 2009

Took advantage in 2017 of Crafters's Choice buy 1 get 6 free or some such offer. They then offered "buy the books to complete the agreement and get another free. Coupon enclosed." So I bought all the books under the agreement and ordered the free one. I included the FREE coupon as instructed.

They sent the books and billed me for the free book as well as the ordered books. I paid for the books I ordered and reminded them that the other book was free via coupon which I had submitted. They never responded other than to keep billing me for the "free" book.

Eventually they turned the billing to collection at RJM Acquisitions. For almost FIVE YEARS now, I receive mail and phone calls threatening my credit and demanding payment. NO ONE will listen to anything I have to say. Recently the collection agency RJM Acquisitions Suite 224 575 Underhill Blvd Syosset, NY 11791 Phone: [protected] reported this against my credit. They will not resolve and tell me to contact Crafters Choice. I did, Crafters Choice says contact RJM who of course has no interest in settling the matter. They do say if I will pay, they can indicated the matter is paid. although of course LATE. I do NOT OWE the amount, why should I be extorted this amount of money which by now includes considerable "fees" although still only around $50. It is the principle of the matter. I don't OWE the money.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CRAFTER'S CHOICE! Who by the way, continue to send me "Come Back! We miss you" advertisements.

• Ed
          EdwF87 Nov 02, 2009

Well I personally am mad that these people have to send me more then one letter saying about some account. I dont know why they have to send so many. Im getting really tired of it if it is not the letters its the calls. Is there anything I can do about this harassment they are doing to me? In the mail it says pay such amount and get a new credit card I certainly think its a rip off or something. I need help to get this away from me.

RJM AcquisitionsPhone Harassment

I got my first "statements' (2) from RJM in the mail three years ago, I called them to find out what it was about but they wanted personal info., like my ssn, so I hung up the phone. The accounts are credit cards with Visa and Discover Card, I was concerned that someone was using my name so I called Visa directly.
        When I gave them the account number, it took a long time and several representatives for me to find out they were referring to a 15 year old account I was on with my x-husband. He used both accounts for a business he had at the time, it failed and so did he when it came to paying it off.
        The Visa rep told me I was under no legal obligation to pay such and old account, since the creditor had written it off long ago. He also advised me that if I paid anything towards this "debt" I then would be legally responsible to pay the entire amount. He said I should just throw the statements in the garbage and forget it.
        They kept on sending me their "statements' every 3-4 months for about 2 years.
        Then this past April my son called me and said some company rep had just called 'looking' for me and he told them I'd be home later.
        Since then they have called my home more and more frequently but, I have caller ID and I never pick up for 800 numbers. Over the past 2 months they have been calling 5-6 times a day including Sat/Sun. They usually start at 8 am and don't stop until just before 9 pm. Also, they never leave a message but, I called the number after hours and heard a recorded message for RJM. This company has many, many 800 numbers.
        I'm about to change my phone number and have it unlisted but, i dread the grief that will bring.
        I don't have the money to pay this and since I'm not in contact with my x, I don't know if he's getting harassed to, I doubt it I think everything's in his gf's name.
        I don't understand how this can be legal.
        What can I do to stop this insanity?

Respond