Rickenbacker Collections Complaints & Reviews

Rickenbacker CollectionsFraudulent company

In August of 2017, I responded to a posting for a job interview with Rickenbacker Collections. I went to an interview, and had a really positive interview with the floor manager. She then sent me to the back, to interview with another manager. I was hired on, and they set my initial training as starting on 25 August.

I was to have one week of in class training, and another week of training on the phones.

Long story short, the first week of the training went really well. I performed well on the tests, answered every question they asked during the discussions, etc. However, at the end of the week of academic training, I was given my final check and told that the job was not going to be a good fit!

How can they determine this strictly from a week of academic training? They didn't even give us a chance to get on the phones!

I know that things are tight, but anyone in the South Bay who is looking for work--PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE!

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
    • Mi
      Michelle Dec 12, 2008

In November of 2017 Rickenbacker started to call my house for Sportswear LLC. They claimed I owed $688.00 for swimsuits that were purchased and not paid for. I provided them with my credit card statements showing that the swimsuits were paid for. Since November 2017 they continue to call me. No matter how many times I fax them proof the debt is paid they still keep calling. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. In the answer to my complaint they requested that I send them proof that the debt was paid. I did so. I didn't hear anything from them for 8 months. Now after 8 months they are calling me every other day demanding payment again for this debt. At this point it is harassment. They keep harassing me for a debt that is clearly paid. Rickenbacker is terrible and the people that work for them are mean and incompetent.

• Fr
      Frustrated Jul 18, 2008

This company never does any research and are ruinging peoples lives. This company should be seriously looked into. What gives them the right to attache information to someone credit report without even doing any research. Unbelievable.

• Ju
      Judy May 29, 2008

Have been receiving calls for months and finally returned the call only to find out they'd been calling the wrong person (my husband has a common name). We live in Eugene, Oregon and the person for whom they are looking is in Tacoma, Washington (the first clue should've been that they didn't even have the correct state area code). I spoke with a representative, we decided it was the wrong person (great research on their part) and that the calls would cease. Less than one week later we received yet another call. When trying to return the call, we were put on hold for a LONG time. Not wanting to waste our evening, we will call again.

This company is trying to turn our excellent credit into something else... wrongfully. We are currently looking into a harrassment lawsuit.

Rickenbacker Collections — Harassment and credit damage!

I owned a vehicle previously which was sold 5 years ago. I recently began receiving harassing calls from...

Rickenbacker CollectionsTerrible customer service!

When I tried calling this company regarding a form that I received in the mail stating that I had a car that had been towed and impounding and that there was an outstanding balance after they had auctioned off the car that they were trying to collect from me. I tried to explain to them that I had traded that car in on oct 15 2005 and that all of the towing and impounding was done after that date that it was not my responsibility and that I was not going to pay for it. They told me that I had to prove to them that I had traded the car in. I sent them the trade discloser form time and time again and they still called and harassed me even put the collections on my credit report. This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with.

Comment Guidelines

5 Responses
      • So
        sonichuskerdu Aug 19, 2010

REcieved a similar call last week about my car that was towed almost 4 years ago. I paid the hookup and tow fees, then signed the vehicle over to the tow company, and sent off my release of liability. Now they claim that never happened. Which is funny because the tow company was driving my car around the very next week. So if what they say is true, then they were joyriding/grand theft auto my car while it still belonged to me. (I have photos and witnesses) Which is a felony. I wonder if they still want to collect from me.

sabrina beaumont Jul 02, 2010

RICKENBACKER should be hit with the biggest CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ever ! Especially during this era of consumer protection.
        My sons car was on a tow lot, because the TOW company damaged the car, and after I went and picked up the car and they RELEASED THE CAR...
        Rickenbacker called me for 1 year almost every other day despite threats...they still put it on my CREDIT and I have to pay these crooks, because it will cost
        me more to be right and not pay them due to the credit ding !

• Fi
        firebucket Feb 24, 2010

With this many people affected, we should maybe think about a class action suit.

• Re
        Redmond Sep 11, 2008

They are terrible. I had traded my car In late 2006 and now, in 2008 they are harrassing me for some apparent towing costs. They do not listen and threaten negative credit reports. I am going to base legal for help. If the same thing is happening to you- don't pay! Help us fight this company and bring them down through FTC and lawsuits.

• Kr
        krity Mar 04, 2008

There is alot more to know about this collection company. If you google Rickenbacker Collections you will find lots of negative comments about fraudulent auto tow charges. Most are similar in the fact that the car was previously sold. I hope you will become aware of this before you pay them any money. Good luck.