Revolution for Cats Complaints & Reviews

Revolution for CatsFAKE PRODUCT

I have been ordering Revolution for Cats for my cat from www.vetshoponline.com. I have also ordered de-worming medicine from them which worked to de-worm my cat. I became concerned regarding whether the Revolution is genuine or not after seeing a lot of negative press on the net. I contacted Pfizer in Australia regarding the authenticity of the medication and received a letter from Pfizer here in Exton, PA indicating the product is not sold to them. IF THE PRODUCT IS NOT SOLD TO THEM IT IS FAKE PRODUCT!
I am uploading the letter from Pfizer as proof. I am a consumer who has done business with them for 2 years and not a competitor.
I am very upset. I contacted the 800 number they offer on the internet and spoke to someone who could barely understand what I was saying. The customer service agent indicated that the company COULD NOT BE CONTACTED OR REACHED, and I could only talk to her, an order taking clerk who would pass the information on. This is beyond belief. This "company" needs to be stopped.

• Db
    db3058 Mar 06, 2012

After contacting Pfizer via phone this week and a follow up email, my product was produced in the USA and although it may be grey market I believe it is genuine. Vetshoponline and Pfizer were both difficult to contact and get specific information from

• Si
    SilverdaleJED Jul 17, 2012

I recently ordered Revolution for Cats from PetShed in Australia. The price was excellent and the packaging looks the same as what I have gotten from my Vet (at a much, much higher price). The application tube looked and worked the same. However, when I applied the first tube, I quickly smelled an aroma like nail polish remover mixed with bug repellant. It was intense and previous Revolution vials had a subtle fragrance if any. PetShed told me that I can return the product for a refund which I will do. Something is amiss here. So far my cat is OK but I wouldn't consider continued use of this product.

• Ri
    Rita2 Dec 08, 2012

This product can kill your cat it killed mine. My cat had a severe allergic reaction that placed severe stress on his heart and lungs resulting in saddle thrombosis and congestive heart failure within a month of his reaction. During his reaction his breath was rapid, he vomitted non-stop, had diarrhea, itched, watery eyes, and lost appetite. He died in terrible pain from the blood clot. If your cat is obese or overweight he or she may have underlying heart disease that may or may not be yet diagnosed. Using this if you are unsure can result in agonzing death for the cat and incredible guilt for the owner. DONT USE IT.

• Ni
    Nitya Menon Oct 21, 2013

When I ordered the product Revolution for Cats and other items from allvetmed I was unsure with the quality of services offered by this site. But now I’m totally dependent on them for my pet care requirements. They are outstanding in services, product and quality.

Revolution for CatsDidn't work

I have a cat with severe flea allergies. She's an indoor cat, but she escaped on me one day and became infested. I bought Revolution because it's supposed to be marginally safer than Frontline. I used it according to the directions. I liked that my cat had zero adverse reaction to it, and for the first few days it seemed to be working as promised...she stopped scratching herself bloody and losing fur. But in a few days she was back to being scabby. I waited one month, as directed, and applied it again, with exactly the same results.

I just wanted to let people know that this product doesn't always work, and maybe save someone else $40 or $50 bucks.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Oct 01, 2010

My vet told me to apply it every couple weeks or so. Have you talked to a vet about it?

• Li
    Lianimal Oct 01, 2010

No, I haven't. I just assumed it would work as long as I followed the directions that came with it. I should have though. I bought Frontline, waited out the month, and used it, it worked just like it always does. My cat hates it though. When I use it she squeeks and runs off and hides for hours, and she's very lethargic. I was loving that Revolution didn't cause those reactions. I can't afford to use it twice as often, though.

• Li
    Lianimal Oct 01, 2010

I bathed her after I got her back inside. And I don't have to use flea products that often, since she's completely indoor (aside from occasionally being able to outsmart me). I've only had two prior outbreaks in the nine years I've had her, and both times a single application of Frontline did the trick.