Red Barn Motors Complaints & Reviews

Red Barn Motorswaste of time

called ahead of time, talked to Paul. I was just trying to figure out ahead of time if he would negotiate on the price of a car I wanted before I drove out 2 hours, but all he told me was I had to come in personally. so with the car being a few grand over book value I figured he'd move on the price somewhat!
so I took the chance, my brother and I took the 2 hour drive to the barn to see the car.
Paul was real friendly going at first but he didn't seem to know much about this specific car and my brother and I, being previous owners and enthusiasts of that specific car we knew a lot.
We had Paul start the car and he drove it out of the barn for us where we got a better look at it, then it came time to talk about a deal.
I asked what I asked previously on the phone if we could negotiate on the price to which he replied " no, no maybe a few hundred dollars" which surprised me seeing the car was at least a few grand over book value.
I gave Paul my offer for the car which was more than fair enough and he didn't even look at me just started walking away headed for the office saying "no, no, no" and that was it!

No counter offer, No handshake, No thanks for coming and checking out the car, no respect he just walked in his office and my brother and I headed back on our 2 hour ride home.
If Paul told me on the phone he wasn't going to move on the price at all I wouldn't of had my brother waste his gas on a 4 hour trip.
SO all in all my opinion, do not go to Red Barn Motors

Red Barn MotorsSold a lemon to my teenage daughter!

The owner of this used car dealership sold my teenage daughter her first car and unfortunately it is a lemon. Told him of the leaking of the steering fluid and the gas gage that goes backward. He said bring it in. Well I did and he said he might be able to fix the leak for a discounted price. I explained to him that there is a lemon law and that we should not have to pay anything. He said the lemon law does not cover anything but the trans axle and motor. However the lemon law does cover the car for ninety days for any safety problems, and not being able to steer you're car or running out of gas certainly are safety hazards. The leaking fluid has to be refilled every four days and my daughter all ready ran out of gas and has had the car less than two weeks. This man, Karel, the owner got nasty with me and said he was not going to fix anything because I was not nice to him. I told him I will get a lawyer if I have too but I believe that he as a business man and according to him a mechanic should not sell defective cars to his customers, it's not good for business and I want the world to know this man is a shady character to say the least.He told me to go get a sticker and if it was rejected then he might fix it. I guess safety for children or adults does not matter to this man. If he does not resolve this matter to my satisfaction, I will see him in small claims court. But please, anybody who is reading this, don't buy a car from this man, he is a shyster.

MarkBell Jan 29, 2015

Sorry, but I had a great experience at the dealership. You are playing a victim role here...first off, *you* BOUGHT the car. Second, your daughter ought to write the review, maybe a hint on why you made some bad decisions...or she did. Used car buying is a complex thing, and perhaps you need to understand it more. The guys at Red Barn probably would have helped you solve the problem, as they have access to the parts and have service ability. Seems you weren't nice, threatened him with legal action, and likely more. Perhaps taking the car to a place to have it checked out before YOU BOUGHT IT would have revealed the problem. Seems you need help buying, so use some help and you may not find yourself in the mess you created by yourself...as that's what buying used is...what you create for yourself. Gas gauge that goes backwards? So you filled it and it said empty? Fluid was leaking and nobody saw it and you could not communicate about both items?? In my experience the guys worked hard to get the truck with a few defects ready to go and stuck with me afterwards on a related issue. Why they did not with you says to me you should get some help buying a car next time.

• Jj
    jjfee Mar 25, 2015

^^^^^^^^^^ clearly has a hard on for the Red Barn,

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices