RealPlayer Complaints & Reviews

RealPlayerUnauthorized deductions on credit card

This is now the second month that I have now been charged USD4.94 for some or other Realplayer subscription that I never applied for. The description "RN * Realplayer Superpa [protected] Wa" appears on my credit card statement. I apparently need to phone a number in order to cancel, but as I am in a totally different country I cannot easily do that! So now I simply cancel my credit card and they can go to hell - bloody scam artists!

RealPlayerRN superpass from REA

My mastercard account is debited with 14.99 USD every month but I did not subscribe to any of their products or services. I can also not find an e-mail to enable me to complain.
I don't use it!!!

jamesdominisac Aug 03, 2011

Subject: Real Player Superpas Complaints (illegal deductions?):

To end your woes with this company follow the steps:
    For Customer Support requests, including subscription and account cancellation requests and technical support, please go to http://www.realnetworks.com/contact-us.aspx where you will find contact information and links to agent-assisted customer service for SuperPass and subscriptions, GameHouse, RealPlayer, RealArcade and GamePass.

I'm givng this info because I too suffered from them. Finally my subscriptions were cancelled and refunds instituted. Thanks to Mr. Bill Ballard who showed me how to contact them from the website above.

It worked!

Cheers,
    James.

LizSSS Apr 08, 2012

I totally understand where you are coming from. The good news is that a growing number of people like us are taking action and working with the Complex Litigation Group. All you have to do is tell them what happened and they pretty much will do the rest. Even if you found your own temporary solution, please help us put a stop to this unacceptable business practice. They need to hear from you!

RealPlayerFreaking company!

I only got RealPlayer to watch BB7 and as soon as the show was over which has now been 2 months ago, I called and cancelled and told the rep WHY I was cancelling as he continued to try and get me to stay with RealPlayer for other needs. So now for 2 freaking months I have been charged this and called another time since. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS SERVICE???? WHO do I need to FINALLY talk with to get this fixed????

• Jw
    jwerden Aug 11, 2010

charging every month..i dont want this

LizSSS Apr 08, 2012

Totally understand where you are coming from. These bogus charges are rotten but the good news is that a growing number of people like us are taking action and working with the Complex Litigation Group. All you have to do is tell them what happened and they pretty much will do the rest! They need to hear from you, so we can put an end to this unacceptable business practice.

LizSSS Apr 08, 2012

If you been charged in error by Real Networks, please join me and contact the Complex Litigation Group. All you have to do is tell them what happened and they pretty much will do the rest.

They need to hear from you!

• Ke
    Ken Heath May 16, 2016

I've purchased different versions of Real**** and have always had problems. Currently the free version always shows "Real*** is not working" after I hit the 'record' icon. I have Win10 and use IE and other browsers, have a high level cpu, motherboard, and plenty of gigs.
    Despite many many uninstalls and installs, I get the same result...
    "Real** is not working." No kidding! I've sent dozens of problem replies but there are apparently no live bodies.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices