railway Complaints & Reviews

railwaycomplaint of misbehave by kharar (punjab) railway station master ashok kumar

it was 25 sept 2012. train (dmu jalandhar from ambala to churalu takarla) arrived at the kharar (punjab) railway station. i asked for the ticket. station master gave the tickets to another passenger after the arrival of the train but refused me. when i asked him y he is doing so. he said train has arrived and we dont give tickets after arrival. i said u are giving to another passengers but not me. i forced him to give the ticket and suddenly he came out from his room and called me and slapped me in front of all the passengers. i said to railway police to take action against him. but they forced me to not to complaint against him.to make a compromise and they didnt register my complaint. and station master was still talking badly. he didnt have any regret what he has done. so please take action against him as soon as possible.i shall be greatly thankful to you.

railwayInsects

I traveled from Delhi to Jaipur by Train No.14311(Ala-Hazarat) in AC-3 on 25-8-11.PNR nos.[protected] and [protected] respectively. Our berth nos.were 49, 52 and 60 in coach no.B2. The coach was very dirty and outdated.There were lots of creeping insects(small cockroach like-kansari in Hindi?).No one was available for taking the complain.2., The glass between 49 and 52 was broken, but in place and nothing was visible out side.3., There were no curtains to block the passage.4., Toilets were dirty and cracked.
Ironically there was a list pasted on top of the door that the coach that it was inspected by a committee of 3 top officers and found it fit.I want an explanation from NR for such a poor state of sanitation.
Dr.Jamanlal, Jaipur, M-[protected].

railwayFraud by TTE In long journey

Dear Sir,
I boarded into train at CHHAPRA train no 5048(Purvanchal exp.) on 09-07-2010 with our family and 3 and haly year child.TTE TOOK 400/ FROM ME and given birth from chittaranjan station .When we went to allotted birth we surprised to see that alloted birth no-67 in S/6 COACH is confirmed birth of Mr. D.DAS and we asked him to vacant the birth then he showed his confirmed birth to us.
TTE ALLOTTED us birth no-67&68 in coach no S/6.

We were wainting list of RLWL/57&RLWL/58 PNR NO-[protected].
We failed to understand why this thpe of cheating started in railway by its own staff?
Is railway not paying salary to own staff?
Is railminister has guided her staff to collect money this way by re-selling of confirmed birth to some one.?
Will you stop to do such practice in railway or not?

railwayticket reservations

The train reservation counter has a enquiry counter apart from reservation counters for various counters. The reservation counter person donot have any obligation but for doing reserervations. while doing the reservation if the customer asks for any information the counter employee very easily asks the customer to enquiry at the enquiry counter and denies giving information. Now the customer has to go to the enquiry counter where usually a big rush is there and again get back to reservation counter and again if any doubt araises to the customer again he has to go to enquiry counter. I sugest you to rename reservation counter as enquiry and reservation counters and remove the enquiry counters.

• Vi
    Vivek Nema Dec 24, 2007

My self was travelling in IInd AC from Indore to Vadodara on 18-12-2007 by Train no. 9310 Indore Gnc Express.
    I have reserved ticket under PNR no. 8216786107.

During the travelling in the train it was found that AC of the train is not working properly more over lot of cockroachs were found in the compartment.

Due to non performance of AC a huge suffocation was felt throughout the night, more over the cockroach byting was another problem was felt.

The matter was so serious that not only I few of the compartment mate could not sleep through out the night.
    It is requestedto the higher authorties that please check the problem and since the travelling was horrible please return the excess fare taken for AC as compared to the SLeeper class.

Samir Sahai Dec 31, 2007

Respected Sir/ Madam,
    Subject: Harassment & inconvenience caused en-route.
    This is to inform you that my father, Sri Jagbir Sahai, along with my wife, Mrs. Rubi & my son, Akash, was travelling from Hardoi to New Delhi on 29.12.2007 by Train No. 4257 Kashi Vishwanath Express having confirmed Ticket, PNR No. 250 7072809, Coach No. S-8, Berth 33, 34, 36.
    When they entered into the coach & approached towards their respective berths, the berths were already pre-occupied by a few un-identified people (seemed to be going to New Delhi for attending some RALLY).
    Those people misbehaved with my family when they were asked to vacate the berths. When they approached the TTE, he showed his in-ability to help my family. In spite of repeated requests to the TTE, he could not help them. My father also found them drunk. Overall it proved to be highly inconvenient and caused harassment to the Senior Citizen as well as the lady along with him throughout the journey.
    My father felt unconscious, and seeing no help from the TTE, my family was forced to break the journey at Shahjahanpur at around 12.30 (MIDNIGHT).
    I would like to request you to look into the matter & do the needful under an intimidation to the undersigned.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Samir Sahai
    239, Jawahar Colony,
    NIT, Faridabad,
    Haryana - 121005
    Cell No: 9899353876

• Rl
    R L BAPNA May 26, 2008

I ALONG WITH MY WIFE TRAVEL ON 23/05/2008 IN SELDAH JAIPUR EXPRESS & TRAIN NO : 2985 HAVING FOLLOWING DEATILS.

1. TICKET NO : 90657141
    2.TRAIN NO : 2985
    3. NAME OF PASSENGER : [A] R.L BAPNA MALE 64 YEARS
    [B] KANCHAN BAPNA FEMALE 59 YEARS
    4.PNR NO : 621-5303110
    5. BOGGIE NO : 85210
    6 PHOTO COPY OF TICKET ENCLOSED.

DURING MY JOURNEY MY TWO SUITCASES HAS BEEN STOLEN BY ANTI SOCIAL ALIMENTS BETWEEN DHANBAD TO GOMU . THE SUITCASE CONTAINS CLOTHES, CASH, JEWELLERY WORTH RS : 60, 000.00. THIS FACT WAS INTIMATED TO THE TICKET COLLECTOR & HE HAS NOT ENTERTAINED MY F.I.R
    AND ADVICE TO WRITE THE COMPLAINT DIRECT TO YOU.

WHILE JOURNEY IT IS EXPECTED THAT RAILWAYS WILL LOOK AFTER SAFETY & IT IS ALWAYS TOLD BY HOU'BLE MINISTER THAT SAFETY IS OUR TOP MOST PRIORITY.

AS A SENIOR CITIZEN OF INDIA THIS LOSS IS SUBSTAINTIAL & REQUEST YOU TO KINDLY LOOK IN TO THE MATTER & COMPENSATE THE LOSSES.

YOUR'S TRULLY

R.L BAPNA
    4, HARISH MUKHERJEE ROAD,
    FLAT NO : 303, ANJAN APPARTMENT,
    KOLKATTA : 700020
    PHONE : 033-22232444
    MOBILE NO : 9830170249

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices