Purrfect Auto Complaints & Reviews

Purrfect AutoScam

Customer BEWARE! Purrfect Auto in La Habra, California, offers coupons and low price oil changes to get you in the door. Once you are there they tell you need (not recommend) other services and parts. The worst part is that they do NOT perform some of those services and/or install the parts BUT they do charge you for them. This location has been closed before and reopened but same problems. This is not something new to this company. Do a search and you will see that 11 other Perrfect Auto locations in Las Vegas were raided by the IRS for the same scheme. BEWARE!

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      majembe Mar 26, 2013

I went to purffect auto in whittier blvd.in La habra for oil change, but the guy recommended that my oil was leaking. and that oil gasket needed to be fixed. Okey they charged me $180 for repairs and also told me that i also should change the timing belt- i didnt have money for the timing belt so they advised me is okey i can change it the following weekend. Okay the following weekend I came to the shop and they fixed the belt(put anew 1). But the following day thats when my nightmare began, it started with engine light which I didnt have b4, I took the Car back to the shop. They checked it out and started all this excuses and pointing out that my car had some other problem that needed to be fixed. Okay long story short, in two weeks time I had problems after problem and each time i went back to this shop there was always a different problem with my car. In two weeks I had already paid them almost $1, 500.
      "Remember at first I only went there for oil change". So i decided to return the car where i bought it. So I took my car to where I bought the car so they checked the car. and you know what! the guys at purffect auto turn out the were playing me, all this while they never changed anything in my car. they fixed some even old timing belt. They tempered with anything that they nu will bring me back there shop so that they charge me again. This guy risked my life and other people in the road for knowingly letting me drive my in the believe that my car was okay. After all this the total amount I used for a car that i took in for just a oil change was $3, 755. Now Upto date I am broke because of this nightmare. I would urge people please never ever let this crooks touch your car they want your hard earned money but they don`t put any service to it. Now I am just a poor guy, but I just hope 1 day they can mess with somebody who can sue them. And follow up until they close this shop down. I Feel sick...

• Wa
      wayaadisi Jul 20, 2011

My daughter took her car to a store in North Las Vegas for an oil change, and ended up with the clamps cut off of the front CV boots with no grease leaks there at all. They said that she needed to repair them because she could not make it home with out locking up the front end causing a car accident. They wanted 200 dollars each side. Some oil change...

Purrfect AutoAwful company

About a month ago, I took my car to this shop to get a tune-up and brakes done. I have been a customer for this particular shop for a number of years, and recently it has been under new management... of which stinks to high heaven.

When it comes to cars, I am ignorant. I will be the first to admit that. In the past, the previous owner worked with me and taught me a lot about what kind of maintenance work that I need done and how often. I naively expected the same thing with the new management. WRONG!!!

When I get my car back from the shop, my brakes were still 'squeeking.' I thought nothing of it. Until it got annoying. Earlier today (05/18/2009), I took my car back to the shop to have them correct this mistake they have made. What they are not aware of is that I took my car to a few places prior to me taking my car to the shop for the second time to see what may have happened. Turned out that THEY INSTALLED THE INCORRECT SHOES AND PADS ON MY CAR!!!

Did they own up to the mistake??!! NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! There was no apologies or anything!!! Instead, they wanted me to charge EXTRA for the correct parts. I realize that I may not get that money back, neither do I care at this point (although if I could, I would surely appreciate it!!), but let this be a lesson learned to everyone else out there, DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO PURRFECT AUTO!!! They were good to me in the past, but now they have become so crooked, I don't even want to pass by that shop anymore!!

Comment Guidelines

5 Responses
      • Ph
        Philip May 25, 2010

These guys will try to tell you that you need a lot of work done and will try to charge you as much as possible for it.

I took my vw to purrfect auto on charleston to get an engine tune up but they called me the next day to tell me that I needed over 1000 dollars of work done including a new muffler. I KNEW that they were trying to rip me off because I had taken my car to a different mechanic a week before to get some work done (were located in San Diego and I didn't want to drive that far again) and they already had fixed/replaced certain aspects of which the Perfect Auto guys were telling me that still needed to be fixed.

What really ticked me off was that they charged me a 75 dollar diagnostics fee which wasn't even listed on the original estimate (which was 300 dollars for just the engine tune up) I neglected to ask about it when I brought the vehicle in, which is my fault, but I still had to pay it at the end. I asked about the fee and they said that they looked at the entire vehicle and that's why they charged 75 dollars. But like I mentioned previously, I just wanted them to look at the engine!

• To
        Tom Jul 02, 2009

I took my car to Purrfect Auto to get a diagnosis of my engine to check the compression because it lost power and has rough idle. I tried changing the spark plugs, but could not remove because they were too tight. They told me in order to complete the diagnosis, they would need to remove the valve cover and would cost another $150. I said to do it. They came back to me and said the engine is shot and needs a new one for $4, 500 or a used one for $2, 200. I told them I was going to pick the car up and I hung up. They called back saying they could get it running for another $300 and I told them to go ahead. The car is running okay now, but I now hear knocking in my engine and I'm still concerned there may be damage and did not make me aware. Here is a list of the things they did. Look at what they charged me for reconditioning the old spark plugs which they replaced. Also, I don't know why they charged me for things I told them were already done at another shop. (Fuel injection service, engine chem flush, oil change.) Also, when I left the shop and got on the freeway, I heard somthing under the car, "Thug, thug, thug". I looked in my rearview mirror and saw something black rolling away. I pulled over and opened the hood and oil was all over the place and there was no oil cap. I walked back searching on the side of the freeway and found my oil cap and put it back on. I called to inform them and they acted like I was

crazy and could never happen. They insist these charges are legitimate and refuse to tell what was really done to the car.

• Bo
        boricua702 May 18, 2009

• Ev
        EVA PEREZ Feb 05, 2009

01/05/09TOOK MY TRUCK TO PURRFECT AUTO FOR $11.99 OIL CHANGE ..ONLY THEN I WAS TOLD TRUCK NEEDED SERPENTINE BELT CHANGED, WAS NOT GIVEN A PRICE BEFOREHAND, WHEN TRUCK WAS READY. I WAS CHARGED, $149.00 LABOR AND $60.00 FOR BELT.. I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH CONSUMER AFFAIRS.

• Valerie Sep 30, 2008

I just recently went into a "Purrfect Auto" location Cave Creek Rd. just south of Thunderbird Rd. I had a coupon for a 9.95 oil change.The manager told me the 9.95 was for 4 cylinder cars 14.95 for 6 cylinder and 19.95 for 8. I walked out and reviewed coupon and discovered it stated none of this. I went back to ask manager to show me this and he stormed off and told me " have a nice [email protected]#$n day". I asked him"what" and he repeated "Have a nice [email protected]#$n day sir". I told him I was going to report him to the BBB and he repeated the Fraze again.