Publishers Guide Complaints & Reviews

Publishers GuideCan I just don't pay them

Can I just don't pay them? I have enough to pay so much money for magazine I don't need, they just don't have what I need. And also, I don't know I have too pay for 1000dollar for those magazine when I sigh up. I know that for 1month after I sign by getting the mail, and start to get magazine after 3month! This demon, how can they exist in America!? I can't believe such a company using Overlord treaty can stand in America!!

Please tell me if it's save for ignore them.
Here is my phone [protected]

Publishers GuideWe kept on receiving the magazines and bills without ordering them

My husband received a call over a year ago from this "business". He said that he never subscribed to these magazines. We kept on receiving the magazines and bills. We called to cancel our subscription and were told we couldn't without making a substantial payment. We said no. And they kept lowering the amount of the payment to cancel the subscription. We told them that we knew this was a scam and would not pay and demanding that they cancel our subscription. We also asked for records of any sort to be sent to us and they said no. Eventually, after we said we would not pay enough times the woman that worked there asked us if we were willing for the company to lose the amount of money that we apparently owed. We said yes and that we did not owe it. She said our subscription would be cancelled and that we would no longer owe anything. She also said that if we ever re-subscribed we would have to pay them. So we thought that was the end of it. We have not received any bills in months. They were still sending magazines though! A few months ago we received a bill from a collection agency. We no longer even had the phone number for this company. Today we had a phone call from the collection agency and I called Publisher's Guide. The woman I spoke to told me that the information they had in their system about our account was "customer refuses to pay" so they sent it to an outside collection agency. I asked her if I could see or hear any phone recordings. But she said without my husband's permission I cannot (his name is on the account). I really don't know where to go from here.

Publishers GuideScam Business

I received a call offering a number of magazines for a fee and signed up under the false pretext that the fee was a once every six month charge. Instead, I was being charged $55 every month for magazines that didn't show for three months. The only way to cancel is within ten days of signing up, the details of which are enclosed in a letter you won't get for two weeks.

I've attempted to cancel my subscription, but they tell me it's impossible unless I pay them a $300 fee for early cancellation. To top it off, my card number happened to have been thefted right afterward and started popping up on purchases all over florida. I've canceled my card, and have avoided all unkown calls, of which now there are many. It's a scam business, watch out for it.

• Ke
    Kevin's Mom Dec 13, 2010

Same thing happening with my son!..He is 23 and getting all kinds of freaking magazines.. Parenting, good housekeeping, crap an 23 old male has no interest in!..We tried for over a YEAR to get a hold them..Finally made contact *them calling for money*/ said cancel and we closed his bank account. Now 2010 magazines coming like crazy, calls saying he OWES 300.00. According to them no record he canceled..He never ever signed a thing!.. Stay clear of Publisher Guide! This mysubscriptionservices.com is a bs site. Phones numbers never answer..

• Ke
    Kevin's Mom Dec 13, 2010

Avoid Publishers Guide!

Resolved Publishers Guide — Canceling my order

I have the same darn problem! I've been trying to get my "subscription" cancelled and I can't get...