Providian Bank Complaints & Reviews

Providian BankFalse debt collection

I was first called to my house claiming I owe them 1400 dollars, I never had any cards with Providian, it sounded like a scam, so I hung up. Now they sent me a letter from a collection agency, they have my address and phone number, I just moved there 6 months ago. This has to stop! How can companies have so much power, I never had any cards with them ever, this 100%made up by them!

Respond

Providian BankCollection Letter

I filed bankruptcy in 1999 and filed against Providian Bank (Chase credit card) and the balance was a little over 1800.00. I received a collection letter today for over $3, 000. What is going on with this company? The collection company is from Portfolio Recovery offering me to pay half of the amount. What am I suppose to do? Are they going to try and collect the money out of my checking account now?

1 Response
      • Mi
        misty Mar 12, 2009

They should not be able to attach your bank account unless they get a judgment against you.

Do not pay this company a red dime.

Do not talk to the collection agency on the phone. Send a cease and desist letter to them; state in the letter that you are reporting them to your State Attorney General for attempting to fraudulently collect on a debt that was discharged in a 10 year old bankruptcy. Instruct them that they are not to contact you at home, at work or on your cell, all correspondence is to be in writing. Also instruct them that they are not to sell, convey or transfer this alleged debt to any other collection agency. Junk debt buyers (JDB's) have a habit of reselling accounts that they are unable to collect.

Check all three credit reports to ensure they have not added this collection to your report. If any are reporting this collection, dispute it in writing. Also - be aware that junk debt collectors will file suit in the hopes that you don't respond in order to receive a judgment against you. Open all of your mail no matter how insignificant it appears.

Send a letter of complaint to your State Attorney General stating that you are being contacted on a debt covered under a bankruptcy from 1999.

Check out some websites that tell you how to correct your credit yourself if you need sample cease and desist letters or complaint letters.

Good Luck

Providian BankJudgement Place on Wrong Person

This company have frozen my joint account with my husband. I contacted the company and told them I was never served, and after talking with a Mrs Davis, we realized that this credit card was never mine to begin with. The name is not the same, the address is incorrect, and I never got notified of anything. They advised me to send my drivers license, my social security card, and bank statement and work payments out with them. I again stated this isnt my account, but she told me I would have to deal with that, the only way to get this account unfrozen is to make payment arragement with them. I was shock to know that this could be done, no notification, the address is incorrect, and the name is different. How does this happen? Please with what is going on in the world today, this should not be ok to just take peoples money without all the correct information, its just not right.

1 Response
        • Mi
          misty Mar 12, 2009

Contact your State Attorney General. Report all the facts that you are stating here; you were not served, they have frozen your bank account and the account they are trying to collect on is not yours. DO NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS. DO NOT SEND THEM ANY COPIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION

Send a copy of the complaint to the collection agency along with a letter requesting debt validation for this account.