Promgowndress.com Complaints & Reviews

Promgowndress.comSCAM

This website is absolutely terrible. I found a beautiful Tiffany designer prom dress (mermaid) for 250$ less then normal price. I was in love with it. I even live chatted one of there employees about it. Their website seems legit until the day I about ordered the dress I noticed some of there sentences did not make any sense and that they did not spell much right. So I searched for customers reviews and found these. I was absolutely heart broken. So I live chatted the employer again furious and I know my choice of words were not the best, but they did not have any care that they COULD'VE ruined my special night. Here are some screen shots of the messages. Not very professional am I right? NO employee should EVER be able to talk to someone like this. I called them out on what they were doing to people and they get upset? Log off. Do not disrespect me more then you already have. We need to get this website shut down. Poor girls get their nights ruined because of a scam website who will take your money with no care. Where are their hearts?

SCAM

sawyer Smith Apr 07, 2011

we ordered a dress, was charged on our credit card and still no dress! Delivery time promised has come and gone. cannot find any contact number for these people.

sawyer Smith Apr 07, 2011

i wish i had read these complaints before ordering we also were promised our dress by a certain date and still have not received. i cannot find a contact number! Is this is China?

tmmay Apr 19, 2012

Contact number (678) 666-0177. Believe me, I know it by heart since I have been calling several times a day to try and get a refund!!

Promgowndress.comRun, don't order from this company

BUYERS BEWARE.. RUN DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I placed an order with www.promgrowndress.com, 04/24/2012 the amount of $204.46 USD. The company e-mailed me stating they did not have the dress I wanted... I e-mailed them back 04/05/2012 stating I did not want another dress I just wanted a refund...
The company e-mailed me back (Molly Lee) from www.promgownDress.com
Dear
We will contact with our manager to deal with this problem for you after we get the reply from him we'll inform you !
Thanks for your consideration!
Amy
I e-mail www.promgownDress.com stating; I need my money back www.promgownDress.com did not have the dress I wanted I just want to receive my refund. I have not heard anything from www.promgownDress.com since April 29 2012...
Name of website: www.PromGownDress.com City: Atlanta, Georgia 30307 (they do not give out their address on their website, this is the US address since this is their host domain in the US)

Promgowndress.comMy dress looked like a Halloween costume.

After waiting for over a month for what I thought was the perfect dress (short neon orange with spaghetti straps and lots of rhinestones) the dress finally arrived. Immediately upon seeing the package I knew something was wrong. The dress in the picture on the site had a full skirt with lots of tulle. This horrible dress was In a tiny package. As I open the package there was no orange to be found. THE DRESS WAS PINK AND YELLOW. TERRIBLE QUALITY! the fabric was like a cheap Halloween costume from iparty. The cheap rhinestones were falling off. And the spaghetti Straps that were suppose to be Rhine stones had craft sequins instead. Also I measured myself while placing the order and the dress came in with a HUGE bust. Absolutely awful.

Promgowndress.comtook my money and never delivered my dress

WOW! Wish I would of read these complaints before ordering! Almost everything everyone else has said has happened. Placed order on 3/1/2012 and its now 4/17/2012, still NO DRESS! I call and they say its okay you will get your dress in time for prom. Its in the factory, its being processed we will contact you as soon as its shipped. But no one can tell me how long it will be. Website says 17-30 days and its been 48 days!! Someone has to STOP these people from continuing to do this! Now my daughter has NO dress, NO money and prom tickets that cost $100 each.

tmmay Apr 19, 2012

I just hope if you ever do get your dress that it fits!! We were in the same boat, got our dress, and it was made so small that it didn't even fit. They won't answer any of my calls or emails, so here we are also with no dress and prom in 2 weeks and already lost $200 with this mess!! I'm sorry you are going through this, too. Let's keep fighting!!!

• Bl
    blue74 Apr 20, 2012

Yes I'm all for that! If I don't get her dress by the end of the month I will call my bank and file a complaint for fraud and try to get my money back. They actually are e-mailing me back every time I send an e-mail, so far and I'm keeping all our e-mails. Don't know if it will make a difference since this place is in China but will keep trying to fight them! They messed with the wrong one!! I'm so SAD for you and your daughter, we know what your going through and it's supposed to be such a WONDERFUL experience and its NOW a NIGHTMARE! Keep me posted on whats going on.

tmmay Apr 22, 2012

The BEST thing to do is open up a case with Paypal. That is the only way they responded. They did offer me to keep the dress and refund me $70 or ship the dress back (at my expense) and refund me 80% (20% re-stock fee). Well, shipping it back would have been over $40 and I would have ended up only getting $100 back, so we chose to take the $70 and hopefully be able to sell the dress to a seamstress who could take it apart and create something with it. Better than nothing. Now we ended up "borrowing" a dress and my daughter's "dream dress" is only a dream :( Keep fighting, keep calling, keep emailing. I hope it all works out. Hard lesson learned for first prom. Ugh! Keep me posted !

Promgowndress.comCheap, horrible 100% polyester knockoff

We just received the perfect prom dress for my sister at half the price... or so we thought. We ordered a dress from the Flirt prom collection, a beautiful strapless gown with beading and crystals on the bust with a empire waist and pockets, but upon its arrival from CHINA we realized it was a cheap, horrible 100% polyester knockoff. It even had huge globs of hot glue all over the bust where the sequins had been added. YUCK! The website claims to give you a refund if dissatisfied but you can only contact them through email and it looks like that doesn't even work. Buyer Beware. If it's too good to be true, it is!

Promgowndress.com — Promised a refund, but won't do it

All over the website, they say 100% guaranteed or a full refund. We paid $25 extra to expedite shipping. They sent a follow-up email asking for sizes, color, etc., which we had...