Professional Fitness Complaints & Reviews

Professional FitnessCancelation and charges

dot a personal trainer at the gym in 2013 went to workout with my personal trainer and couldn't according to them I wasn't on the system. Called Corporate to cancel they give me a hard time but never charged my credit card now this morning Feb. 2015 I received a phone call from a collection agency stating I own $ 900.00. This come in a really bad timing I am about to do my house closing. I think everyone should make a complaint with the BBB, like I did now just waiting to see what happen.

• Co
    coolj Jul 07, 2014

BLACK FEMALE PERSONAL TRAINER CLAIMING SESSIONS ON CLIENTS WHO ARE NOT EVEN IN THE GYM AND THE COMPANY KNOWS IT. FACT MOST OF THEIR TRAINERS THEIR NOT EVEN CERTIFIED.

Professional FitnessContract Misleading

THIS COMPANY HAS AN F WITH THE BBB! I wish I had known better before I signed up with these trainers. I was told by the manager, Jesse, that all I had to do to cancel my sessions was write a written statement to HQ whenever i felt like cancelling and that would be all i had to do to cancel. At the beginning of this year due to new bills I had to cancel my membership. When i went to cancel Jesse told me to call HQ in NC. When I called they told me it would be 250 dollars! Its an outrageous number after I was told initially that it costs nothing to cancel. When i told the company this they said that even though what i was told verbally doesn't matter, I still signed the contract. But in my contract it doesn't say anything about 250. I'm not the only one this is happening to. People all over the country are being lied to. Don't be fooled yourself! Know that you have to pay after 5 days to get out of it no matter what they tell you. The trainers are nice and knowledgeable. I have nothing against them.

For the record, I dont think Jesse is a bad guy. He just wasnt trained properly he says and didnt know any better himself. But theres nothing he can do he says. He wont sign anything saying what he told me verbally or he'd lose his job. I hope he chooses to tell people in the future.

Professional FitnessUnauthorized Charges

My wife and I signed up and had the service for a year. Time came to move, we cancelled our membership a month early, and everything was fine. Our fitness trainer warned us to cancel our card. Trusting our trainer, we did so. Just as our trainer warned, the company denied ever receiving our written letter, phone calls, and told us that the only way to prove that we cancelled was to send the original stub to the certified letter. This would leave us without any evidence. In the idea of reporting them to the BBB, we found that their rating could not be any worse. We will have to wait until they attempt to put this on our credit before getting it negated there. In all, even their employees know that this company is not legit. The trainers are top notch, but do not sign up if you wish to ever cancel.

Professional FitnessUnauthorized payment

I originally signed up for a year with a personal trainer and the payment was to be automatically deducted from my account. After my third session i was informed that the sessions weren't being paid for. When i called to find out what was going on they told me they forgot to submit the automatic deductions but they couldn't take off the fees for not paying. Being that it was their mistake i was upset and decided i wanted to cancel the membership. They ended up charging me over $800 for early termination. I got tired of fighting it because it wasn't doing any good and i've been paying it off since. When i called a few days ago to make another payment i was informed that the account was "paid off" and that National Fitness didn't handle Professional Fitness' accounts any more. Today, i noticed some issues with my bank account and discovered that Professional Fitness deducted $165 without being authorized.

• Un
    UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY Jan 14, 2014

Professional Fitness company is completely and utterly unprofessional from the outset. From day one, I was misled by their representative in New Bedford, MA, Jason Bloomfield. My main emphasis expressed to Jason was nutrition moreso than fitness and I directly asked if he had trainers with degrees in nutrition; he said that all the trainers were certified and capable of helping me with a diet plan; that same day upon meeting him, I was an emotional basketcase; he never once said, take a day or two to think about investing your money into this program; instead, I felt pressured into making a decision onsite; he asked me how long it would take to get home and back to bring back $2900 for one year membership; 15 mins. in the meantime, he tells me it will give him time to work on my program; well that never happened; nothing in my file except my measurements and a list of proteins, carbs that I could have printed offline for free. Three days later, I texted him to cancel my membership. Remember I paid cash; no where in their contract (which he never reviewed with me) did it say "we shall refund a cancellation within 30 days"...So I am STILL waiting for a check that I was told was mailed LAST tuesday from North Carolina. My attorney was put on hold for over 10 minutes today; and I was deliberately hung up on by a very unprofessional staff member, Amber...she told me she was "done" with this conversation. So take my advice, if you see PROFESSIONAL FITNESS in your gym trying to pressure you, recruit you, DONT DO IT!!!

Professional FitnessConnecticut gets screwed

I'm starting this thread to see if we can get info on this in CT. If you are reading this then you got screwed by pro fitness. You also probably are having trouble reaching them. Latest thing I know is unofficial but I believe the attorney general is going to file a class action suit. If you have not gone to attorney general, then please do because the more people the better.

• Ct
    CT_consumer Nov 06, 2009

We live in CT and am having a horrible time with Professional Fitness giving me the run around. Their customer services department actually lies to you on the phone, it's a disgrace. So far I have been through the Better Business Bureau but without resolution. I have followed up with the North Carolina Department of Justice - there is a unit dealing with con merchants. However I would be very interested to hear about the class action you reference. Is this going ahead?

FYI, the owners of Professional Fitness (BF Central LLC) are a registered company and were registered through CT Corporation System in Providence, RI. Please note that CT Corp System are not the lawyers for Professional Fitness, however I've been advised that they are obliged to redirect any mail to Professional Fitness' lawyers. Worth a try.

Please keep everyone posted on the class action.

• Kw
    K. WILSON Mar 02, 2010

PROFESSIONAL FITNESS...Stay away from professional fitness!!! My experience is almost identical to the others mentioned. I signed in October with Andy who is supposed to be the district mgr. He leads me to believe he is going to be my trainer and explains what his regiment will be. He makes all kinds of promises regarding routines he will make up for me each wk. Than after he gets me to sign, without mentioning that the sessions are only 30 minutes(10 mins to warm up and 20 mins with the trainer) he says he will find a trainer that will suit me. It wouldn’t be him. To try to make a very long and painful story short. By November each trainer I was juggled around to was fired for one reason or another. After the fourth trainer no one ever notified me. None of the promises of a written routine was ever fulfilled and I haven’t had a session with a trainer since the end of Nov. I have been trying since November to get in touch with the company. You can never talk to a person, just leave a message. no one from the has returned my calls until yesterday(3-1-10) when finally I spoke to a very young girl named tiffany who says that if I want to get out of my contract I must pay the money I owe since November. She said it’s not their fault I haven’t had any sessions. I should have followed up! When I asked tiffany for her supervisor she told me that would be the VP of operations and she couldn’t connect me to them and refused to give me their name. She said that’s personal information and corp. policy forbids her to give out such info but I could write. She gave me the address telling me to address it to VP of operations, still refusing to give me a name. Then she hung up on me.

Isn’t it ironic this company chose the name "professional” fitness? They are anything but!!! Run very quickly from this poor excuse for a business. I am putting one star because there is nothing less.

MadAsHell! Jul 02, 2011

Ooooooh they make me so mad, please let me know if anyone is doing a class action. I was also not told that the sessions were only 30 minutes and, I was not told that it was an annual contract, but that I could "quit at any time". I stopped my credit card and now "National Fitness", a collections company is calling me every day. I will also be contacting the BBB, and the attorney general, I may also hire a lawyer. Does anyone have ideas on how to get collections off your phone?

• Na
    Nancy257 Dec 29, 2011

I was also screwed by Professional fitness in MA. They keep charging me and charging me. They never call back, I have done everything as requested including sending everything certified mail. Please let me know if there is a class Action suit, I would be more than willing for these thieves!!!

chlyco Mar 16, 2012

I too have been screwed by BF Central LLC. I signed up at work out world in Fall River, MA. My first day I was evaluated and had my fat percentage analyzed. Was given a pretty good work out and was told I would meet with a the trainer once a week and have work out plans written down and be evaluated regularly. Two weeks went by before they gave me a # for a trainer. Never met with the trainer. I complained and then was told that that trainer had quit and they would find me another trainer. Two or three more weeks went by and I wrote the company a letter stating what had happened and would like my money back. The gym called and apologized and had excuses and want to meet with a new trainer. I no longer want to go there. I just ant my money back, seeing that I payed cash. I am going to get my lawyer to work on this.

chlyco Mar 16, 2012

I agree with all the complaints about BF Central LLC

• La
    Lauren Marvel Apr 26, 2012

I am writing this for my daughter (who is currently out of the country). She joined Gold's Gym in Norton (7/2011)and was quickly approached by a personal trainer from Professional Fitness. She was promised all sorts of items and trainings, evaluations, nutrition, etc. She signed the agreement..what a mistake. She was supposed to be getting 4 sessions a month, but by the end of (9/2011) had received a total of 3 (one was supposed to be free and I shouldn't even give them credit for that one). They lost her file, they could never be reached, they weren't available to train her, other people at the gym started telling her how far behind they were and they were having the same trouble reaching them. At the end of September she cancelled her debit card because they weren't training her but were charging her. They continue to send threatening letters demanding the money. We filed a complained with the BBB of Utah (12/2011) where National Fitness is located (they are the ones sending the letters). I filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office of Massachusetts 4/2012). I'm wondering how you put together a class action suit against a company? Does anyone know? Has anyone had any success getting these people off your back? I have sent registered letters to: Gold's Gym in Norton, Professional Fitness, CT Corporation System, 155 Federal Street, Ste 700, Boston, MA 02110, BF-Central, LLC., 7413 Six Forks Road, 363, Raleigh, NC 27615 National Fitness PO Box 497, Layton, UT 84041. I never heard back from anyone except from National Fitness and they just increasing the tone of their threats and the balance due. This is such a scam and I don't understand how they have been getting away with this. How can they still expect this money if they don't provide their services??

Professional FitnessTerrible company

I signed for personal training last year for 6 months through Professional Fitness out of Niagara Falls World Gym. After the 6 months was already over, the trainer told me that I would need to send a certified letter to the Corporate Office to cancel the contract if I no longer wanted it. Well, my first mistake was signing with them in the first place. The second was asking my husband to put it in the mail for me. He sent it to the gym instead of to the Corporate Office. We never got any information from the trainers or the staff at the gym to say that they got the letter in error until I got a bill, which was a month later. Well, I concede that it was done wrong. I was willing to pay for that last month and then sent another letter correctly asking them to cancel it. Where I got angry was that they are now asking me to pay for an additional 2 months because it was in my 'contract' that it should have gone there and that it takes 30 days to cancel.

I feel that they just have terrible business practices, they are not in it for the customer and their cancellation policy is just awful. I have never heard of not cancelling something for 30 days but the problem is that they put this in the 'contract' and hold you to that. I don't know if I have a leg to stand on legally but I did fill out a Better Business Bureau complaint which when I told the so called Floor Manager I was doing that, she laughed at me. They obviously don't care about that. But I would hope anyone who wants a trainer would definitely not look to them. The BBB rating is a 'F' for this company. Surprise, surprise.

I am going to send my husband to take my place with the training sessions because we have bought them at this point. They will never see my face again and I hope they choke on that money.

• Me
    Melissa3 Jul 23, 2009

I am going through the same exact thing you are at the same Location.
    Do you have the address for the corporate office? Or perhaps you have the information for the new Pro Fit manager at that gym?

I am hoping to avoid a long and drawn out cancelation process. I will also be going to the BBB with this.
    This whole mess has soured me on going to the gym too!

I hope this gets resolved for you quickly as well.

Resolved Professional FitnessTerrible experience

I Worked As A trainer for Professional Fitness and found them to be nothing but a unprofessional pyramid scheme. I am a certified personal threw a highly accredit organization and they were paying me the rate of 8 dollars per session while they would pocket the other 30 dollars that the client would pay for that session and on top of that just plane out crap pay I also got beat for my commission by just about every manager I had.

Which is under stand able when your lead supervisor is a heroin addict that was caught shooting up in the work place and you had another supervisor that was not fired but relocated to another state because of sexual harassment. So not only do you have to be worried of getting ripped of from this company but sexual harassment is a risk factor to. They try to sell there training packages by making you feel depress about your self with a stupid questionnaire and there answer to the reason why your depressed is over price half hour training sessions.

Now that I no longer work for them due to there [censored] pay and robbing me for my commission they replaced me with uncertified trainers ones that have old Ladies leg pressing 300 pound for a set of a knee buckling eight reps and also having old ladies performing dead lifts. I also felt it very embarrassing the way they would get people to sign these crazy contacts filled with hidden fees and that are near impossible to get out of. All for a training program that chances are form somebody with no education in the training field so not only are you going to get bad results but you are going to also get injured in the process.

• Do
    donttakeno Sep 07, 2010

I had a similar problem at a gym in Pittsfield, MA
    One of their trainers takes steroids an he has a really bad temper, one day he had a "roid rage" because the tanning both would not turn on so he walks out of the tanning room an throws a cooler across the gym almost hitting a group of gym members he walks up to the counter an just started screaming at this poor high school girl (16yrs old)because he could not get the tanning booth to turn on an he was using profanity the poor girl is standing there crying an he makes her give him money out of the register, an she gave it to him she was terrified, he still did not get kick out of the gym or fired. The SECOND time he started an argument with one of the gym members an tried to fight him outside, still no write or termination. The THIRD time he yet again had another "roid rage" with an employee of the gym because she would not keep the gym open later then closing because he was late for his session. He started screaming at her using profanity right in front of his client an yet again no write up or termination. This has been a problem for a while an its need to be attended to before some get hurt by this UNprofessional fitness "trainer" if this is how this company handles things i understand why there are so many complaints, THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!

Chiski Oct 07, 2011

My experience with this company was dreadful. I went to my first few sessions and they were great. I notified my trainer that I had to leave for a month and a half for work, but I would make up my sessions by doing two a week. He said that was fine. Once I got back I attempted to contact my trainer. He never replied. On numerous occasions I tried to contact someone so that I could get back into the training sessions. Its now been almost 3 months, and I cannot reach anyone. I have to move now, so I have to pay $100 fee for canceling my contract based on relocation. They wont refund me the lost training sessions stating its my fault for not calling corporate to complain. If I am contacting the trainer, that should be sufficient. That is how the trainers told me to get ahold of them to set up appointments. They get you to sign up, dont give you your sessions, and then wont refund you when you realize how bad the company is. DO NOT SIGN UP!! You will only regret it.

Resolved Professional Fitness — Unauthorized billing

If you are thinking of getting a personal trainer be careful if you select Professional Fitness Trainer...