Pro-Tech Industries Complaints & Reviews

Pro-Tech IndustriesWon't honor guarantee

John Anderson was hired to re-antique reseal a concrete patio. The sealer bubbled up and the patio was a mess. Pro-tech agreed to power wash & redo the job. Less than one week later, the job was redone, with the same result: a bubbled up mess. John Anderson of Pro Tech then agreed to do the job a third time – using a different sealer.

Because he failed to completely strip the sealer from the previous two jobs, this left the surface with a crazed, pitted and uneven gloss finish. To top it all off, the bubbles also appeared again. Anderson was slow to respond to the third botched job & would not return my calls. He finally did come to my house (while I was not home) and left a note refusing to acknowledge the problem nor honor his guarantee.

Pro-Tech IndustriesPoor Job - Won't Honor Guarantee

John Anderson was hired to re-antique - reseal a concrete patio. the sealer bubbled up and the patio was a mess. Pro-tech agreed to power wash & redo the job. Less than one week later, the job was redone, with the same result: a bubbled up mess. John Anderson of Pro Tech then agreed to do the job a third time - using a different sealer. Because he failed to completely strip the sealer from the previous two jobs, this left the surface with a crazed, pitted and uneven gloss finish. To top it all off, the bubbles also appeared again. Anderson was slow to respond to the third botched job & would not return my calls. He finally did come to my house (while I was not home) & left a note refusing to acknowledge the problem nor honor his guarantee.

Poor Job - Won't Honor Guarantee

• Ga
    Gas May 01, 2009

I have a contract (reference code - 715ADA) with them dated July 6, 2005 for 12 windows to be manufactured and installed in approximately 20 - 26 weeks from the above date which would bring us to about the first of 2006. The cost was $9170.00, with a down payment of $4585.00, which was given to the salesman on July 6, 2005. In December of 2005 we called Pro-Techt and asked for a starting date, we were told they would get back to us on January 12, 2006 with that information because they were moving their factory from Clearwater, FL to Largo, FL. Come January 12, 2006, no call. A few days later we call them, receptionist will have some one call us back, did not happen. After repeated calls a March 27, 2006 date was given us, we were not happy but accepted. Come the middle of March we called to verify that date and were told the Salesman sets the date. We called the salesman, Michael Avis and asked for a starting date, he had no idea and asked us to call the factory, I pleaded with him to call. He did and he passed on what they told him. it would be in or around May 15, 2006. This made us very unhappy and leery about Pro-Techt Industries and chose to cancel . WE informed Pro-Techt by registered letter, return receipt and "E" Mail. we followed Up with phone calls that were never returned until finally (04-11-06) after all my badgering Crystal Fowler who claimed to be the general manager called and said my check will be mailed the following week, that never happened. I wrote to Pinellas County, Fl Construction Licensing Board and the County Justice and Consumer Services Board who were unable to do anything. Our next step was to go to an Attorney, Mr. Chas. S. Dayofflll of Palm Harbor, FL who sent them a 7 day letter. As usual no response. On May 5, 2006 we filed with Small Claims Court and have a June 13, 2006 court date.
    All of the above is documented. The have had our $4, 585.00 for 11 months and have made no attempt to return it. Not only has it cost us more to get our own money back, we are now in the beginning of hurricane season with old windows. It's a shame this company is still in business.

• Ha
    Harold May 01, 2009

haha dummy never give a down payment!

charrepz Jan 16, 2010

Do you want to buy a ProTech 3 stage air system ?

Okay we must have had SUCKER on our forehead when we installed this. I hope in the future all advise consumers better. Although its the best system on the market and it works great the annual maintenance on all these UV HVAC systems are insanely expensive.

I found the Sharper Image GP system we have in our room available these days online for $150 or less new. This system does what the HVAC UV system does even better with no maintenance( When the clean light goes on you just wipe it down ) and I've had it for 5 years. 5 years ago I paid $500 for it BTW at Sharper Image. Pricey but I've had it 5 years and it works incredible

When I asked a tech in an online forum if I could just put a $25 filter in the system we have with no UV bulbs he said, Now your thinking!

So I'll be picking up 2 new filter that will fit on Monday and I am picking up two more Sharper Image GP systems for the house. Both would go downstairs and between the both of them they will keep the entire downstairs air Germ and Virus Free.

Cool Huh!

Pro-Tech IndustriesHorrible job!

I hired a contractor John Anderson,Pro-Tech to install a deck along with a ramp for my disabled husband. We live in the town of Colonie an he said we did NOT NEED a Builders Permit. So he built the ramp and deck w/o codes or to specifications to the town. And besides did a horrible job. We asked for the downpayment back of $2,000 and wont give it back. We were told to tear it down. The deck is down but the owner of the park said we can leave the ramp up temporary, until we find someone to built it to code and to get a bldrs permit. Now we are in a pickle because we cant find a contractor & we lost our $2,000 for a poor job done. He goes around doing poor jobs and gets away with it. He put heat tape on the womens modular home next door and put the wrong kind on. Some carpenter looked at it a corrected it. This man should not be in business. This park is for over 55 yrs of age and he takes advantage of people like us.

• Pr
    pro-tech Mar 10, 2010

Pro tech masonry has never been contracted to build a handycap ramp in colonie. we are sorry you had a bad experiance with a contractor and our reputation is very important to us. We urge you to be more carefull when making such claims, as this is actionable. but we are not responsible. thank you.