Prestige Sales Complaints & Reviews

Prestige SalesMagazine Sales Scam

Back in April of 2009, my elderly mother was scammed by two of this company's sales boy. They made her believe that the money she gave them would be used to send magazines to the troups in IRAQ and that her "donation" was tax-deductible. I did get a stop payment done on the check and sent in the "3-day cancellation" notice (what a joke). I thought we had heard the last of this until this month when my mother received 20+ magazines in the mail. All of these had received her name and address from Prestige Sales, Inc. giving it to National Publishers Exchange. I have cancelled each of these magazines, but now I am concerned about where else her name and address has been sold. It is a shame we cannot have some sort of fraud charge placed against these companies and have someone do something about them.

Prestige SalesMagazine Scam for Veterans

Just stopped Payment on the Check.That on checking we found it was a scam by the Lowest of the Low praying on an ex Vet, $150 to get reading material to Vets in the Middle East, HOW LOW CAN YOU GO.This company needs to be held too account.I will give it to him he was good at being a Snake to ALL OUT THERE HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET.For the record called the Police to make them aware of this piece of Trash being out in the area they did not seem that interested.

• Ca
    Carissa Nov 05, 2008

i filed a transaction to cancel immediately, the man told me to send them in and they will still get nthe books he just nwouldnt get the points so i sent them in and a month later im 120 dollars in the hole, after looking online, i believe i was scammed.

• Ti
    Tina Dec 01, 2008

I have the same problem. Almost three months ago, I was sold a set of children's encyclopedia's that could either be donated to a children's hospital or be sent to my home. The kid selling them was supposedly from the neighborhood and he was going to broadcasting school. A percentage of the proceeds would be put towards his trip to London as part of a course he would be taking there. I have yet to receive the books and of course, my receipt has very limited information on how to contact Prestige Sales LLC. I think many people, trying to do a good thing, have been scammed.

• Fl
    flipper Apr 22, 2009

there are a lot of scammers out there. when i lived in florida, i bought $50 worth of toiletries for hurricane victims in punta gorda. come to find out, the news reported someone intercepted people's gifts and was selling them. more than likely, my stuff was in there. i figure if i can't get my money or items TO the right place, then i won't give. that's unfortunate. there are places out there if you want to do some good that you can trust. we all have to do our homework. make a few phone calls, check the internet, call the news, etc. just to be sure. very sad.

• Gr
    greta May 14, 2009

Ordered ome Mag. in Nov/2008. Never received. Barry Johann was the door-to-door- salesman. Lied - saying he lived in the neighborhood and he whole soccer team story. If there is anyway to uersue this matter with any kind of authorities, I would be happy to do the leg work. Has anyone noticed the typo in their home page?

• De
    DEBBIE WILSON Nov 09, 2009

A GUY BY THE NAME OF TROY, CAME TO MY DOOR SELLING BOOKS, ETC. I WROTE HIM A CHECK FOR $59.00 FOR ITEM NUMBER 815...MAGICAL FARIES. THIS WAS ON JUNE 6, 2009. TO DATE, I HAVE NOT RECIEVED THIS BOOK.

THINKING I WAS TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE WITH A TRIP...I GOT SCREWED... I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

I STILL HAVE BOTH COPIES OF MY RECEIPT

Prestige Salesprestige sales are lying theives

I had a young man come to the door by the name of Scott Lewis (if thats his real name). He told me some story of being on baseball team featured on Good Morning America for rasing money for Childens Miracle Network thru selling books and whoever sells the most books there child gets $1000 towards their dream trip. I asked him some questions and his answers seemed scetchy . When I tried to say no he made me fell bad by saying his mom wont let him come home until he gets enough points. And that he lives down the street from me and goes to the local college. Against my better judgement I gave him a check. Stupid me. I went online and saw that I was not the only one and that this is indeed a scam. I called the police and they found him. They said that I was not the only one that called and that this is not the first time they been around this area. They were taking him in and hopefully stop him from scaming other people. Be careful these kids are lying theives.

• Vi
    victor nazarof Dec 08, 2008

i paied $55.00 for set of books for my grand kids.
    I am still waiting for them.

• Ha
    Hanna Jan 06, 2009

I had a young man show up at my door. He called himself 'Trey Taylor' and said he was a neighbor & was selling books to earn money to go to London. He was doing an internship in the Broadcast department. He wants to be a 'sports broadcaster.' He showed me a price list and which part went to his 'trip' and which to the company. I asked him several questions & all his answers seemed legit. He said his father told him in order to earn the money, he should ask each customer if they needed their lawn mowed or car washed, etc. I thought that was a really good idea. So i asked if he could wash my truck. He said he would be back in a couple of days. He never showed up and we never received the books we ordered.

• Ri
    ripped offf Mar 02, 2009

Same thing happened to me. The Kid said he was raising money for a school trip to Europe. I had been wanting to renew a Runner's World subscription at the time. He wrote up a two year subscription for $98! I said no way! Then I caved to a one year $49 deal. I think it is good for college kids to study abroad, but I just bought my most expensive magazine ever. It was a hard sell situation, and he was already in my house. He was pretty smoth, but definitely sketchy. My wife set me straight, and I cancelled the check for a $15 bank fee.