Prepaid Credit Card Complaints & Reviews

Prepaid Credit CardCan't get my rebate

I purchased a prepaid credit card by green dot at walgreens for ten dollars and I couldn't activated online I had to wait until next day, so I called and then they took a. Additional 19.95 and told me go online to get a 10.00 rebate so I tried to log on to the web site and it stated the samething that it did when I tried to activate it so it wouldn't let me get my rebate or login to the website in order to get things done u have to call for the issue and you get charged for it. It seems as though they have the site just as a front makes look honest until u call them then they rush you into completing the information process and they try to hang up no room for questions.

• Tr
    tracy miller knauer May 31, 2007

I have had $49.95 withdrew from my checking account with out my permission. I am a single mother of 2 and i did not have that money in the bank so now i am overdrawn and my bank charges me a fee of $32.00.

Prepaid Credit CardUnathorized charges

I never authorized my checking account to be drafted the 49.95 but it was taken noone in their right mind would pay for a prepaid credit card all I want is my refund, this company is a scam and I have contacted a lawyer named Norman Lamb and he will take this issue to court and if it goes that far it will not just be for the 49.95 it will be for the illegality of the scam and the time I had to spend. Again at this time all I want is my money back I am a pregnant nurse who has 3 children to take care of and I can't afford for dishonest scam artists to take advantage of my family. The 800 number that is given for customer service says after all my requests are filled out it should take 7 to 10 days to get my refund and it has been3 to 4 days already, I have been corresponding with a tech at the company who can't seem to tell me anything except the terms and conditions of the card that I never wanted and never authorized my account to be drafted for. I would very much appreciate a response and a refund or my lawyer will be contacting you. Also in the state of Oklahoma there is something called in your corner with nw=ews channel 4 which I do have the phone number for and this is exactly the type pf scams they like to put on the news. Thank you,
Jessica Evans

• Al
    AliceWeese Jun 29, 2007

I am putting a stop payment on the prepaid card cancel my account.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices