Plumbing Complaints & Reviews

PlumbingBad Service

As a homeowner for over 35 years and apartment building owner for about 25 years, I don’t recall writing a single complaint about any of the employees working for the hundreds of building repair companies I have hired. So this is a first for me.
My bad experience with DONE! Plumbing on February 10, 2015 convinces me to avoid them like the plague in the future--and to warn others to at least consider doing so.
On February 10, 2015 I contacted DONE! based on a friend’s recommendation and the glowing testimonials on the DONE! website. The water line connected to one of my toilets had come loose, the shut off valve underneath was defective, so I had to turn off the main water line to the house. Thinking it an easy DIY project, I bought a new “connector” from Home Depot, but could not screw it on because my bad back prevented me from getting down on the floor and facing the problem head on.
The $39 travel fee seemed very reasonable. Another good sign, so I arranged for DONE! to send one of their “technicians.” Jason arrived in a bad mood, and it got worse from there. Later he inadvertently admitted that my original problem was a washer from the old connector had not been removed, thereby preventing me from attaching the new connector. I would have expected an honest plumber to say something like: “I’m sorry. The fix only took a minute, but I have to charge you for a $39 trip fee. Keep us in mind if you have a real plumbing problem in the future.”
Instead, Jason launched into a hard-sell for “a complete toilet rebuild” at $250. I told him it made more sense for me to have Home Depot (HD) install a new toilet for about $300 rather than fix an old toilet for $250. That was when Jason intensified his offensive hard-sell by bad mouthing Home Depot, saying that HD sold cheap goods, and was staffed by incompetent people who could not get a job at a professional company like DONE! I opted for “the complete rebuild” because the defective shut off valve under the toilet meant I would be without house water for the day or two it would take for Home Depot to fix the problem. It’s a long story, already typed up in frustration at this unprofessional “technician, ” but in a nutshell I paid him all but $50 of his $314 invoice. He called me “a thief” and said that he should call the cops for ”taking advantage” of him. I told him to go ahead because his unprofessional conduct meant I as a lawyer would now represent myself in court as a matter of principle.
I was so angry that I spent the next two hours writing detailed pages about my frustrating experience with Jason of DONE! Plumbing. Then I summarized and sent a two page Complaint to the General Manager at DONE!, followed by another memo adding to the list of my grievances against Jason.
A few days later I received a call from Jason’s Manager. Josh said he wanted to apologize IF Jason had done anything wrong, but it soon became apparent that he did not think so. In fact, his main defense of Jason’s unprofessional conduct was that if he rather than Jason had been the technician, he would have completed the one minute job, and charged me $239 ($39 trip fee, and $200 for the minute!). And then I would not even have had a complete toilet rebuild. Stunned, I said, you would have charged me $200 for one minute of work? How can you justify that? Josh’s, response: I have 26 trucks to keep running, pay insurance for, etc. and it’s tough to survive in the plumbing business without a $200 minimum charge. What? As a matter of policy, they charge a minimum of $200, regardless of time on the job? Where was that disclosure in all their puffed up advertising?
I realized where Jason’s attitude came from when Josh responded to my question about bad-mouthing Home Depot and its workers. Josh apparently knew this was a sensitive topic and thought awhile before saying: “All I am going to say about that is we get called in to fix a lot of Home Depot mistakes.” Again, there is more I could complain about given more time and space, but after we concluded our phone discussion, I immediately called back to ask Josh if Jason had repaired my defective water supply shut off valve as part of his “complete toilet rebuild.” The secretary said Josh was unavailable, but I could leave a message, and so I did with the question about the shut off value (I could not tell just by eye-balling it).
Josh never returned my call, and I will never call DONE! again. Perhaps my bad experience with Jason and his Manager was an exception, but others should consider it before falling for all the glowing testimonials DONE! lists on its website. It is worth repeating that if only Jason and his Manager had said something like: sorry about the mandatory $39 trip fee, but call us when you have a real plumbing problem, ” I would have been happy to do so. Instead I am writing this Complaint to warn others about my bad experience with Jason and his Manager Josh at DONE! I am so done with DONE!

• Valerie Aug 26, 2008

My wife was promised a $90 charge for the total service call and was charged $115 and they will not correct this. They charged my credit card.

Plumbingtore our house up, did not do what ask to do

These guys are a complete scam. We the owners of property were out of town for Thanksgiving. A swerer smell started in the house. We knew right away the pump had burned out behind the house. Aim to please were called to to fix a pump that was burned out, yet when the young son arrived he insisted to the Tenant that they always start in the kitchen, when they were ask by owner and tenant to check out the pump in the back of house. After 2 hours... Long story short, the son gets the snake caught in the kitchen sink, that is all he says as he is told to leave. The next day being Thanksgiving it takes 4 men from aim to please 12 hours attempting to get a snake out. The Tenants and their 3 Kids Thanksgiving was ruined and they still did not get the snake out. Let me add they had to tear up our utility room and break up our beautiful floor in the family room that was below the kitchen, thats how far aim to please had forced the snake. They refused to restore damage done until payed over 3000. My stressed out 75 year old mother has to pay them because we have tenants that cant even use the sink nor do wash...anything. Amazing. I am writing this to warn people. It was a disaster, costing us thousands of dollars of damage and all because they did not do what they were ask to do in the beginning. The owner is a con artist...and now we have to appeal the decision that was made in court because they had the whole family lie. call us if you want a ref. I would be more than happy to share the horror story. 812.369.0794

• Al
    Alasn Meeker Feb 01, 2011

I am the plumber that went to the home at 5:00 on Thanksgiving eve. The home had two problems (sewage pump burned up by improper installation by former person that put a 110 V pump on a 220 V line, and a stopped up kitchen sink). The tenants were flying to Argentina on Thanksgiving Day, so we didn't ruin the occasion for them... The can of worms did get messy, but we cleaned up after ourselves well, so well you couldn't tell we'd taken up the laminate floor. The jobs went well, but payment was withheld, they wanted to wait until the house sold to pay. A court agreed the owners should pay the full amount. Check other online referrals.

• Ro
    Roni Ely Feb 01, 2011

Now that Mr. Meeker has lied on this site because he is reaping what he sowed, we will continue to warn other sites about him.
    Stay away from AIM TO PLEASE PLUMBING IN BLOOMINGTON INDIANA. THEY ARE TROUBLE AND HAVE HAD MANY COMPLAINTS. THE TENANTS WERE HOME, HAD TO THROW THEIR TURKEY OUT, AIM TO PLEASE WAS THERE FOR 12 HOURS...9 TO 9 AT NIGHT TRYING TO TURN AROUND THEIR MISTAKE. NOT ONLY WERE THE TENANTS THANKSGIVING RUINED THEY COULD NOT USE SINKS, SHOWERS. AGAIN I WILL REPEAT MYSELF ALAN MEEKER LIES AND WE HAVE OTHER PAST CLIENTS TO PROOF IT!!! MR. MEEKER LIED IN THE COURT ROOM AND HAD HIS WHOLE FAMILY THERE TO LIE FOR HIM. THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES TO THE SURFACE.

Martha Emma May 01, 2012

Although not as dramatic as this story by Roni Ely, dated 2010, I too had a horrible experience with Aim to Please. It's easy for me to believe completely in this woman's description since there are several parallels to my own unfortunate encounter with ATP. I wish I had read more reviews before I employed them. It's a sad irony that this company actually calls itself 'Aim to Please.'

Plumbingrip off pricing

I had an emergency water break in my front yard, after arriving home from work seeing the front yard flooded, I called a few companies and found John Moore open. A plumber arrived a couple hours later, but in the mean time no one there on the phone could tell me how to shut my water off (single woman sorry) my neighbor came over and did that.

The plumber who looked like a zombie, was covered head to toe in mud, looking like he hadn't eaten or slept in a week, without removing a tool or shovel, took one look at my front yard, and advised I would need a new water line. He walked up to the meter and looked at it, came back and wrote me up an estimate of $3985. (and I have a very small front yard, older subdivision style) Frankly I was in stickers shock, and had remembered that my realtor had said the water line had been replaced in the 2 years prior to me buying the house last year. So I sent him on his way, and decided to call another company out in the morning.

Another company came out that was recommended by my neighbor, I'd name it here, but I don't want to look like I'm advertising another company, their man came promptly, dug a couple holes to look at the line and found a coupling near the meter that had blown off. The repair cost me $98 total, service call included. (I asked this plumber what he would charge to replace the line, while not a written estimate, he said less than $900 should cover a line this short)

So draw your own conclusions, personally I feel like they saw an easy mark and would have replaced the water line for a very inflated price had I not decided to look into things..

• Yi
    yiyihouston Jul 03, 2013

MET Plumbing ...Beware I called them from the Ft. Bend County (Texas) Preferred provider booklet sent to our homes in Ft Bend County Richmond, Texas. They arrived; 2 of them, all I needed was a faucet replaced and I had my own, in the box used only once from when I special ordered a part a Moen faucet. He quoted me $475 + $50 trip charge just to change a faucet and then attempted to question the new in the box faucet I had and tried to say it was too old and not good. I quickly paid $50 and asked them to leave. It cost me $70 to change the faucet and even with the $50 trip charge I still saved hundreds from not using these thieves. JR. Richmond, Texas

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices