Pictage Complaints & Reviews

PictagePhotographers Service

Pictage has gone from being an innovator to one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. It seems there is no photographers support to speak of, no one you can get on the phone and little or no follow up. I've been with Pictage since it's inception to find it continually getting worse and am glad to be rid of them.

PictageCharged my card twice without warning

My wedding photographer used this service to process our 3 installments due for her services. They have a "consumer agreement" that states "Pictage will ALWAYS provide you with 7 calander days of advance notice before debiting your credit card during the course of your enrollment. This is designed to protect you from unpleasant surprises and help you to avoid potentially expensive overdraft charges."
This is a straight up lie in my case. Pictage charged installment #2 and #3, for the amount of $1, 667.00 on my credit card without warning. When I had this problem with the second installment, I was reassured it would not happen again. Then it happened again for my 3rd installment. At this point they have two of my credit cards on file, and customer service cannot even tell me which card was charged!! They have to go through "accounting" and call me back. They have absolutely no answer for why I did not receive this "7 day notice". Their "your payment has been processed" notification seems to have no trouble finding me.
All in all - terrible customer service. I am extrememly unhappy with this company and would warn anyone not to use this service.

• Da
    Danny F Jan 25, 2010

Amy,

I am the VP, Operations at Pictage. Please accept my sincere apologies for this mistake. Since you contacted us, we have been trying to discover why you didn't receive this automated notification. We realize that photographers will schedule these payments many months in advance, and we send this email as a convenience to help you plan your finances, but it's clear that the automated email was not generated correctly.

The representative was correct when they said that they could not tell you which of your cards was charged. In order to maintain compliance with credit card privacy rules, we restrict this information to only a few individuals. That said, somebody will be in touch with you shortly to verify the credit card number.

I will also be in touch with you shortly to see if we can make this right for you. Again, please accept my apologies and feel free to contact me directly by email or telephone.

Best,
    Danny Faccini
    310-525-1600
    VP, Operations
    Pictage, Inc.

PictageHorrible service

I made sure to contact Pictage as I was preapring to order a parent album for my Mom and Dad fro xmas. After spending nearly an hour on the phone with them about a consistent error in the proof, the rep was finally able to correct the proof and assured me that I would still receive the book by xmas if I ordered next day. I called a week later to check on the order to find out that I would not receieve the album until mid January.

Not to mention when I inquired about a refund they could not give me an detailed information as to if I would be able to recieve one and that it would take 5-7 business days to be refunded to my acct. I spent nearly $400 on a 12 page album for this!

They could not answer any of my questions in regards to me being mislead by their company and told me that there was nothing that they can do to rush this along as the binding company was on a 2 week vacation. In addition, they claimed they had no contact info for the company.

Bottom line: information is never consistent, communication is horrible, and apparently leaving their customers on hold for 23 minutes is the best way to solve a problem!

• Da
    Danny F Jan 27, 2010

I am the VP, Operations at Pictage. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor communication and incorrect information. We have taken steps (and are continuing to do so) to make sure we have more information available to our customer support team to understand order status.

After researching your problem, I see that you did receive your order prior to Christmas, but I know that our inability to answer your questions created some anxiety about that.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you want to discuss this case, or need any assistance in the future.

Best regards,

Danny Faccini
    VP, Operations
    310-525-1600

• Zo
    zombiebaby Sep 07, 2012

I don't know if I can accurately express my anger at Pictage. Due to personal reasons I was forced to close my professional account with them on the 10th of August. This was 3 days into my new subscription month. When I canceled the gentleman who assisted me was very helpful and closed my account without hassle, HOWEVER today I find that they charged me my subscription fee of $99 AGAIN?.

When I called to ask them about it all the rep could tell me was that they charge a month in ADVANCE.. Think about this'. If they charge a month in ADVANCE, that means that when I paid them $99 on August 6th, that covered the period of time between August 7th - September 6th!. That was my understanding when i canceled my account and I did not request a prorated refund of any kind even though I was effectively paying $99 for 3 days of a billing cycle and an account that I could no longer access or use for the remainder of that billing cycle..

So for the rep to tell me they charged me $99 on September 6th because they charge a month in ADVANCE is insane! If what they charged me yesterday is truly because I canceled my account in the middle of a billing cycle it would mean they charge at the END of each month, not the beginning! And if that is the case why on earth wasn't I told that when I canceled? His response was simply that it is clearly stated in their terms and conditions (because I read those every day in my 4 years of membership, right)!. "It's our policy!. We don't give refunds and we don't prorate, . It's clearly stated in our terms."

They have caused me to overdraw on an account I no longer use or keep money in so now I have to pay fees ON TOP of the subscription fee for a service I DON'T HAVE!!

PictageScam charges

I just got my wedding pictures from Pictage today. I was so excited to see them. To my disgust the pictures were absolutely terrible. Several of them had people cut off on the sides or top. My husband's head was cropped off in a very important picture of his relatives from England. I got a picture of my family and was going to give it to everyone for Christmas. My father was cropped off on one side and my sister-in law on the other. I couldn't believe it!! I spent $550 dollars on these awful pictures. On the website that I ordered from the pictures were not cropped or cut off like the ones they sent to me.

I am so sad as this was the most important day of my life. I felt like crying. I am worried that I will never get my money back. I am embarrassed to even show them to my family.

PictageThey've ruined my wedding photos and their customer service is horrible

I had my wedding in St. Thomas, USVI and had an excellent photographer. She put my pictures on Pictage because she said since she is out of the country it would be easier.

That was a mistake, Pictage was horrible. There customer service is horrible. In the end they billed my credit card twice. When I called them and told this they called me a liar. They made me fax my credit card statement to them and then when I called them back they told be very hatefully that they would be refunding the money in a few weeks. In less than an hour later, I received another call and they said that after reviewing my account they could not see where they billed me twice, so they would not be refunding my money. Finally, my credit card company said they would handle it and suggested I not talk to Pictage anymore.

My pictures look like they were printed at a discount copier shop. I am very disappointed that this is all I have from my wedding day. The photographer, sells the rights to the pictures to Pictage, so I can't go through another company, unless I spend another $250 with Pictage to buy the negatives.

Horrible company, don't use a photographer that uses Pictage.

• Na
    Nantena Jun 18, 2008

I am a Pictage photographer, and I must disagree and say that every print I, or any of my clients, have ever recieved have been of the highest quality.

Pictage does not buy the copyright for our photographs from us, but rather host our copyrighted photos. Unless the photographer deleted the digital negatives from her computer, she still has full permission to do what-so-ever she wants with them.

The $250 for the DVD full of mid-resolution photos that you were told you must buy in order to have the negatives are not infact negatives, they are around [email protected]

I'm terribly sorry you've had a bad experience with Pictage, but I feel they are an excellent hosting service and tool for the professional photographer. I have had my fair share of complaints about them at one time or another, but whenever I call and explain the situation as a rational pictage-pro account holder they take care of all my problems. Perhaps if your photographer was reachable at the time of your difficulties, it would have been easier.

Jack Black Aug 18, 2008

Pictage works with over 8, 000 photographers and knows that their bread and butter is making the photographer happy; they do not care about making the "customer" happy. After being on the phone for over an hour I was "disconnected" by someone who no longer wanted to talk to me. Oh, BTW I take offense to the insinuation that the response above made about others possibly not being rational. I was very calm and rational, being calm and rational is part of what I do for a living. I also ran a large customer service center for over a year and know that there are companies just like Pictage that know they can "get away" without penalty due to their large customer base. More Internet and phone based companies are likely to be this way. Best bet is to work with a high grade photographer and pay extra to have them do the work themselves.

• 31
    3151 Apr 10, 2015

I am a photographer that uses Pictage - I can say they are not the greatest with us either. I was told to raise my prices after inquiring about some some crazy "expenses" Raising my prices won;t benefit me much as they will still charge commission on the retail prices, and then I was told to upgrade my package to the PRO for a lower commission. That's a 50% increase in monthly fees for a 3% reduction in commissions. I will say that my volume is not high enough to justify these expenses, and raising my prices is not an option... Pictage is not that photographer friendly anymore. I was a customer of theirs in 2007 and i loved them, however this go round I'm not happy at all with them. I think their cost are high, commissions are exaggerated especially with the higher monthly fees. Don't forget that right there on their packaging list the customer support is listed and I quote:
    Customer Support: Plan Starter - email and chat Plan Premium - email and chat plan pro - Priority service...
    does this sound totally photographer friendly? Think twice. Do your math and plan carefully to see if they are the right service for you. I will note that my customers are over all happy with their products and that part is true.

Simple math:
    based on one month -
    Total sales $1000.000
    Commissions @ 20% (Starter plan) 200.00 15%(premium plan) 150.00 12%(pro plan) 120.00
    Monthly plan fees WITH taxes 31.39 53.04 107.17
    Your cost off the top for the paper (products) 200.00
    REAL profit after one month 568.61 596.96 572.83

math equation -
    1000.00 is total customer sales minus the commissions (the take that off your retail price) minus the cost of product
    then subtract the monthly plan fee = real profit

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices