Phones4U Complaints & Reviews

Phones4Ucontract phones

Ridiculous misleading sales men in bangor Phones4u never get a phone contract off them they make u sign ur life away for 2years and stuck with it didn't even mention nothing about the contract and did not listen to What network i wanted they just take u as a joke and give u anything jokes4u stupid sales men blag anythin to get at u. Only been in 2minz and they sold a contract to me Im only young and dumb, anyway I manged to take it back as for poor signal at my addresss. And to Find out I could of gey it alot cheaper with the network I was alreasy on.

Phones4Uphone comtract

I attended a job interview at phones4u on monday 4th April, after my interview I asked one of the advisors to go through what sort of options I had as to taking out a new contract in the future, I had no intention of actually taking one out, as the advisor was talking to me she asked me a lots of what I thought were generalised questions regarding what sort of thing I would be looking for, such as preferred phone buttons or touch, my budget etc, which I told her was between £15-£20, she came back with a £22.50 option, then before I know it she had the contract infront of me and said sign, her, her and here, so felt extrememly pressured. I have no previous experince with contracts so did not fully understand what was happeneing, she was well aware I was not financially stable as I attended an interview at the store for a job that day(In the contract it says I have had a job for two years not true as I have had no job for one year), so I now have a 24 month contract which I cannot afford and frankly I was forced into it, I walked out of the store feeling like I was put under considerable pressure, I have called them to try and sort the issue out and they practically told me they cannot do anything as its my own fault, I am not happy at all and would like something to be done about it, I feel they took advantage of my lack of knowledge with these sorts of things. If this issue is unable to be resolved I will no longer have any dealings with phones4u and I will make it clear to people I know that phones4u are not the sort of people you want to become involved with and not to be trusted,

Phones4UBullying, pressuring staff at 80 Broad St, Reading

I unfortunately stepped into the Phones4U store on 80 Broad St, Reading on 20th September 2009. The Sales Manager and a sales consultant bullied and forced me into signing up to a new contract! My house had just been burgled and they realised that I was in a distressed state, so decided to take full advantage! HORRIBLE STORE, DO NOT EVEN GO NEAR IT!!! Told me they would show me a few handsets, but only showed me one, made me enter the PIN no. for my husband's card when he wasn't even in the store! My cards had been stolen during the burglary, so only had my husband's card with me by mistake. Told them I had been in my current address for 2 months, but they deliberately put down 3 yrs 6mths, to rush the sale! This list is not even exhaustive; they behaved appallingly and now won't even cancel the contract. I'm going to try and go to court and am hoping they go to prison for this or at least get the sack!

Phones4U — Repair of phone

On 6th June, I took my Sony Ericsson c510 to my local Phones4U (P4U) branch, complaining of an intermittent...

Phones4UFraud

My new credit card was stolen and used at Phones4u to sign up on a new mobile phone contract. According to Phones4u, in order to obtain a contract they require ID and proof of address; nonetheless they allowed a fraudulent transaction with a Deactivated credit card and wrong data of birth, to get away with the contact. I have reported this to police however I see no one is taking this matter on board. Phones4u are as fraudulent as the people who stole my credit card.

Phones4UMiss selling and bad service

My phone contract was due to come to the end of its term. I received a telephone call from phones4u out of the blue,
          asking if i was renewing offering me a new phone etc. I was busy making tea and this person did their job and really
          pushed the issue. He couldnt get me to agree and said he would send me phone and terms and conditions to look at,
          The next day after having thought about it I decided to call them to say well yes but I would like to do this but get other
          phone, I hadnt had any problems with Pones4u before this. This is where it all began, I was told I had allready agreed
          and entered into an upgrade contract for 18 months and as it was an upgrade I had no right to cancer or change contract.
          Apparently this was all explained to me over telephone. I disputed this and told them I wanted copy of transcript of that
          phone call. I was told I could have this if I sent them £10 cheque to cover cost. I then sent them cancellation notice
          under the distance selling regulations of 7 days.They sent me letter telling me as it was upgrade I could not do this.
          They sent me email saying they would happily change the phone for me if that was an issue to contact customer services.
          I telephoned customer services with regards to this and they told me that offer was only valid for seven days after the email
          being sent and as this was the 7th day they had revoked the offer. I explained I knew nothing about it until 1 day prior as my
          broadband had been down and anyway email didnt say i had 7 days to respond, they were not interested. Phones4u simply
          said no more we can do for you. Since then I have sent them numerous emails asking where I should send cheque for transcript. NO REPLY. Then sent them emails to say i wish to complain. NO REPLY. I sent them emails saying I want to make my complaint official and asking them for a copy of their complaints procedure. NO REPLY. I have emailed [protected]@phones4u.co.uk NO REPLY. I have emailed web.[protected]@phone4u.co.uk NO REPLY. I have even emailed customer [protected]@phones4u.co.uk guess what NO REPLY. I was warned about this company and did not listen as I hadnt had a problem with them, but thats it as long as you
          are paying and dont want any customer service then okay. but the minute they have got you you are treated as though you do not exist. This company are using dirty tactics to con people into contracts. I believe its called miss selling and they appear to be trained in how to do this well. Do not go anywhere near Phones4u. If you get a phone call from them tell them clearly No you do not want anything from them, cause just talking to them over the phone you could find yourself with a phone you dont want and an 18 month contract to pay for without even realising it. The are apparently being investigated by ofcom. I do not know how any company with such ridiculous service are allowed to operate.

7 Responses
              james norkett Feb 07, 2013

i, ve been sent two phones and i only order one what can i do ?should send it back or will someone collect it ?we are only home weekends

• Dc
              Dchampion Jul 28, 2010

Bad Service...

1) The sales rep told me he would pay £30 direct into my account to effectively give me a 5£ discount for the first 6 month of my contracts, that never happened.

2) I was promised my number was to be transferred across as i was changing networks, after 3 weeks waiting i called my new provider who said no such request had been made.

Its cheaper and better service to go directly through the phone companies i have found out, Phones4U are plagued with targets and restraints on what they can give.

Phones4U consistently provide poor customer service.

Go direct.

• So
              soulnrockman Jun 29, 2010

Go Mobile...I received a phone call telling me that my contract with 02 was due for renewal within the next couple of months and was offerrred a deal which gave me the same benefits as I had, plus extra minutes and texts for £10 less per month.I agreed to a 7 day trial...On receiving the phone, I looked at the enclosed literature which showed that things like picture messaging and sat nav and varous other add ons were £5 per month extra each.I also discovered from 02 that my contract does not run out until Dec.I contacted Go mobile and told them I diidn't want the deal as I had been missold.they replied by e mail in a bland way and Orange, the network provider took a while to answer also.All I get is the bland, you could have posted it back within the seven days to cancel...but at no time did they advise me of a return address, or to post it back until after 7 days...the phone and sim card are unused and I don't see why I should pay postage to return an item that I was miss sold...I have cancelled the direct debit and am bombarding them with E mails...Steve Nicholls.

• Bl
              BLACKA Sep 22, 2009

I have taken out 24 month contract with phones 4 u. but isnt the plan i thought, it says 600 min and unlimited txt but this means you have to pay for mms txts which i wasnt expecting. As with this deal it is no return policy nor will they move the plan side ways to help. I have tried on many occasions to speak with customer services but they are just in a zone and sound like a recorded message wich is no help what so ever. O2 couldnt help either which i have £30 contract with at the moment aswell. they say its phones 4 u terms. Can anyone give me some advice as i am about to cancel both contracts through cancelling my direct debits. it has only been since sat 19th sept 09 i have taken this contract out. phones 4 u now dont do returns on contract they say.

claire Nov 23, 2008

Lovely lady from phones4u customer service has indeed been true to her word. She sent me special delivery envelope to send my phone back in. I sent it back and I now have new phone from them which was my choice of phone that I had discussed with her. She also passed on her apologies for what had happened and assured me that she would be dealing with people whom gave me the wrong information/treatment so it appears it pays to be persistant. I wouldnt bother with instore manager I would get on to phone4u customer services via mail or email if you have to. I think it also helped that I emailed them links to my online complaints to give them the right to reply.

claire Nov 13, 2008

Just an update, got call from lovely lady at phone4u today, Apparently they had a problem with their email system spam settings so had not been receiving my emails, also gentleman whom told me this offer was not available because 7 days had expired will be spoken to, as this was not the case. This lady has taken it upon herself to sort this issue out and we have agreed on a replacement handset that suits me better. So she has assured me that when they receive handset back from me that they will send me the new handset. Will update this post when this happens. So hopefully we will have resolved this problem shortly.

claire Nov 12, 2008

Just an update Phones4u have now configured their email system to refuse email from me. ridiculous manner for a company to behave

Phones4UApril - August 08 still no refund

Phones4U

What goes on behind the scenes at your shops, offices and head office when you deal with customers ?.

If I said to you that I walked in to Phones4U store in very early April 08, purchased a product with cash, took it home and it failed to work. I took it back to the store the following day and asked for a refund which was refused. It's now nearly August and I still have not had my refund. What would you say or think ?. Is it right, is it funny, would you run your business that way ?

In the store the assistants openly admitted they were scared to ring their own call center about my refund request and they also refused my refund in store and promptly attempted to ignore my problem, then they got their 'procedures guy' from out back who looked like he wanted to kick my head in but luckily I can look after myself so I stood my ground so he got someone else to show me the procedure 'bible' which did not agree with the Brand of the company who's product they were selling.

I was told that the product companies terms may be their policy but it isn't ours !

I refused to budge and was given a phone number to call customer services but was refused permission to call from the store so I went home and called them from there. Spoke to customer services and they told me the store was wrong and I could quite happily go to the store and get a refund in cash ( as I had paid cash the previous day) from the till.

I go back to the store, tell them what I was told and they are surprised and don't believe me.

I demand the use of a phone in the store to call customer services, I get through to customer services and ask for the person I had spoken to. It turned out that only two people in that center could possibly have spoken to me denied they had actually spoken to them and it casued a big upset as they even had to do a call trace to prove I was telling the truth because at first they made me out to be a liar.

I then spend an hour on the phone in the Phones4u store with a girl in customer services running back and forth trying to sort things out and at the end her attitude cganged dramatically and she tells me all is in hand and she needed to speak to the store manager where I was making the call. Store manager takes the phone and I have no choice but to agree to a cheque sent to me which would take 28 days to reach me. I tell them I am not happy but accepted it.

28 days later I get my cheque and I put the cheque into my bank account.

The Phones4U checked BOUNCED ! Becasue they cancelled it !

On the check that was sent back to me from my bank it had stamped on the front 'CANCELLED' and a letter from my bank informed me I had to contact the cheque sender for the details.

I call my bank to tell them a cheque has bounced to avoid any charges and the girl at my bank call center told me I must be making a mistake and that I must have sent a cheque and that bounced as she could not believe that Phones4u would bounce a cheque.
            I am then put through to India to deal with any possible charges and the girl on the phone could not understand me and eventually it sounded like they were having a party at my expense and the call ended with them laughing and the phone going dead.
            I call my bank and tell them what happenned - the guy at the bank call center tells me I must be mistaken that it must have been a language thing that confused me ! lol - I have been around a fair old bit and there was no confusion believe me.

I call Phones4u, tell them what happenned and they laughed on the phone and told me I had to prove the cheque had bounced, they wanted bank statements etc. - why do I have to prove that their cheque has bounced ?

I E-mail head office with my complaint.

A week later they call me and tell me that they will cancel the cheque ! and send me a new one.!
            No need to wait 28 days this time, and the girl from head office tells me that my 'new refund cheque' will be with me in ten working days and I just about get a verbal apology.

3 weeks later I still had not received a cheque and no replies to my emails about it.

I call phone4u again ( and each time I call it costs me money )and I get the usual pleasant girls on the other end who talk in the most patronising manner but they do it with style I give them that.

I am informed that these things happen and its even happenned to the girls in the office, that a cheque will definately be sent out 'quaranteed' and I will will receive it in three days time, no problem. Of course I don't believe them but what can I do at this stage on the phone ?

Three days later and Guess what ? - you got it, no cheque on my doormat.

I call phones4u and ask for the girl I had spoken to who incidently promised me she would sort it out if any problems arise. The girl who answered the phone asks me for my security details etc and then says oh 'girls name' is on the phone can I help ? I tell her my problem. Oh she says, as we speak 'girls name' is on the phone to finance about your cheque.

I ask for 'girls name' to call me back as it's an 0845 number.

She calls me back but pretends to be someone else and tells me that there is no-one in the office called 'girls name', I must be mistaken she says and giggles ! lol - urggg !

Anyway I tell her the problem, that the cheque has still not arrived and she says that it must be the postal service.

Of course I don't believe her so I keep her talking and manage to get her to slip out that the cheque is 'due to be sent', she gets confused and realises her mistake and then says it must have been sent yesterday and then she gets the giggles, again !
            I tell her I have a very good friend who works as a reporter for the national press ( thats very true and another works on the picture desk of another national press office), she then gets serious and offended and says it wasn't her fault and the post office are to blame so I giggle this time - lol

That was today.

I have been told my cheque from a product that I purchased in April 08 - yes you got it April 08 and now its nearly August 08 - will arrive tomorrow 'Friday'

I affiliate only with decent companies. If a company messes me around or they mess my players and their own customers around then I stop affiliating with them and I find out a lot about customer service because I 'test buy products' via mysel and family and friends. The Phones4u purchase was just a one off high street jobbie that was urgently needed and so non affiliated .. ultimately I ended up nearly £100 out of pocket, no product, a bounced cheque and giggly, lying service staff.

So what's the point of this post ?

To tell you that I would be a mug to even contemplate affiliating with Phones4U and that it's not just Phones4 u who are doing it, it's across the board.

2 years ago our phone line was held between 2 high branded phone companies. One we were with was giving us the lowest broadband package but charging us for the best package, the other when we tried to change over messed up big time and ultimately led to us having dial up connection for three weeks. Final moment of truth was the nice call centre girl passing me through to get the line released to a gorilla at the end of the phone who spoke like Frank Bruno but with the attitude of Eminem on a bad day ans literally asked me if I was sure I wanted to leve before I had even started business with them !

My own bank treats me like an idiot and I have a business account with personal banking which is a joke, their Indian call centers are a joke and these are just few things I (and of course other people are fighting ) am fighting at the moment when I shoulds be trying to make a living. I can say if I treated my clients (outside of affiliating) the way these companies treat us, I would have no business.

My bottom line in line with this forum is - I would be a mug to even contemplate affiliating with Phones 4 U - my own abbreviation is Phonies 4 U.

Trust me it takes a hell of a lot to get me wound up and especially so to make a complaint as I understand that life is difficult across the board, even more so if you are relying on people to be honest with you in business or just on the highstreet.

So.. bottom line is Phones 4 U have shown me their true colours across the board - from highstreet shop to customer service and then head office, without even trying, they have taken over Dial a Phone who had problems with customer service and they have no idea I work as an affiliate nor did they know I have contacts in the media world and they squirmed when I mentioned the papers and it was so easy for them to blame the directors - I wonder why girls ? :-) Problem with you big companies is you think all consumers are stupid - Guess what we aint and guess something else - one day you will wake up and realise that you have only helped mess this country up.