PhonePeople.com Complaints & Reviews

PhonePeople.comScam

Here is actual conversation with this scamming company. The trick is get you to sign up for hidden things when you set up you an account. All I needed was an 800 number fowarded to my cell phone for 9.99 a month. I was charged $119 for two months! Called on on hold forever with India. Here is the story...DO NOT USE PHONE PEOPLE .COM!!

the customer wrote the following on 3/18/2010 at 12:18 PM
I will be sure to post this absolutely lowsy response on the internet as well. I tried extensively to work with you people. All I got was India, god bless them as they acted as if there hands were tied. On hold forever and ever!! Nice little legal rebuttal there that will prove to the world that your company is absolutely a scam with absolutely the worst customer service. If you signed up for a service for $9.99 a month, then got a bill for $119, wouldn't you want an explanation of why??? If you could not get answers, and you googled phonepeople.com scam and saw the extensive postings of your scam and horrible service, wouldn't you cancel everything thru your credit card company to stop the fraudulent charges. Then you blame me in the response. I guess as always, the consumer looses. All I can say to everyone on the internet reading this is DO NOT USE PHONE PEOPLE.COM EVER!!!

Team PhonePeople.com wrote the following on 3/18/2010 at 12:04 PM
Per our conversation, when we just contacted you on your number [protected], let me again confirm that you received our voice mail that we left for you yesterday at this same contact number. When we spoke today you stated that you have already placed a chargeback with your bank. You configured your account and you are aware that you are responsible for the overages caused by those additional extensions in your account. You are not eligible for a refund at this time. We have disconnected your toll free number at your request. Below is a copy of the service terms and agreement that you agreed to when signing up for Phone People service.

Service Agreement

Team PhonePeople.com wrote the following on 3/18/2010 at 11:56 AM
We have disconnected [protected] successfully. Thank you for using our service.

The customer wrote the following on 3/17/2010 at 10:29 PM
Further proof of your awful service..

We just tried to contact you on your number [protected], and left you a voice mail message. We have reviewed your invoice and account and it appears that you have set up more than 5 extension. You have 10 extensions at this time. The Economy pricing plan comes with 5 extensions including the 0 extension. Please remove 5 extensions and we will look into a credit towards your Phone People account. Your account states that you have 5 included extensions and that each additional extension is $3.95. We have left a direct line so that you may speak to a supervisor regarding this account. Please contact us so that we may assist you. Thank you.

Who's number is [protected]???????? I never wanted 10 extensions!!! Your service is a scam!!! Refund my money and allow the number to be ported. Google.. phone people.com scams and give me your feedback. I was on hold twice for a 1/2 hour and got nowhere!!! You left me no choice but to report to Visa fraud, report fraudulent charges, cancel my buisines credit card, waste 8 hours of my day, report to FTC and BBB. I gave you plenty of chances...perhaps yourcall center failed you. Refund money and continue on with next victim. We are through!!!

Team PhonePeople.com wrote the following on 3/17/2010 at 7:36 PM

The customer wrote the following on 3/16/2010 at 4:36 PM
Your customer service is awful. You are a scam. I signed up for $9.99 a month. I have not used the service since 1-22-10 and I am charged $131.96. Transferrred everywhere, India etc. Then I searched phonepeople.com scam...WOW have I been scammed...Should have done that first. Off to the FTC and my bank to report fraudulent activity on my card. Gave you plenty of chances via phone!!!

Regarding: [protected]

Further proof of your awful service..

We have disconnected [protected] successfully. Thank you for using our service.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      MarkSim Nov 30, 2011

I tried to purchase a 888 toll free number from them, my credit card was charged but i got nothing!
      I tried to contact them but there is no response!
      Got, i was ripped off!

• Au
      Auroraron Dec 18, 2010

Visit the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint there also.

PhonePeople.com have the WORST possible rating a company can have. "F" and the Better Business Bureau warns people to stay away from them.

Thanks to complaints filed here and on many other pubic review sites, people searching for information and reviews on them will know how others feel and stay away. You can do you part and help others by posting more often. This kind of stuff never goes away and they will have to live with it. It also was used in a recent charge back, was provided to Visa to show them this pattern of theirs and money refunded.

PhonePeople.com — Phone People is illegally hoarding toll-free nos.

Last year our company, Kinetic Energy, signed up with Phone People to provide us with a 1-800 telephone...

PhonePeople.comHiding Fees & not telling customers

This company sells phone numbers and voice mail service. I signed up for their monthly service costing $9.99. My receipt shows that my TOTAL monthly cost would be $9.99. Then when this company bills each month they charge $10.93. When I asked about it they said this was not tax but a company charge to recover costs. They explained that this fee is in their terms of service. I asked why they hide a company charged fee in the TOS and they had no answer. If a consumer is purchasing something, the company should make it very clear what all charges will be and not hide them in a document they know most people don't read. It may be legal but this takes advantage of their customers. Every one of their customers are being charged this fee and I believe most don't even know it because it didn't show up during check out and it doesn't show up on the receipt they give the customer showing all charges that will be charged each month.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      • Ph
        PhonePeople Apr 29, 2009

This fee is clearly detailed in our customer agreement which is agreed to at the time of checkout. It is also shown on order receipts on the website and via email.

• Ho
        Houston Consumer Apr 23, 2009

Phone People is an unethical company.