phoneagent.com Complaints & Reviews

phoneagent.comThis website is an absolute scam

This website is an absolute scam! I put in a phone number because it was advertised for "free" lookup. It "seemed" like they found info on the number, so i paid my $4.95 and nothing! The number didn't exist. The confirmation payment email has an email address for any questions and its not legit.

• Jc
    jcollins4 Aug 29, 2010

I have requested the company to stop charging my credit card $18.95 for a service that I do not want and does not work

phoneagent.comcharged my card without me knowing

I found a charge on my credit card for 18.95 that I did not authorize and looked into it and found this company had posted a charge without my knowing or permission.

Jay Hilliard Sep 23, 2010

same with me. I called Octavia (who answered the number on my credit card) and she explained that I had clicked something agreeing to ongoing service. I was initially charged $1 for a search, then offered a popup saying if you weren't satisfied, you can be refunded. I did so and thought that was it. She claimed I had to do another step to prevent ongoing charges.
    This is fraudulent behavior by any company. A contract requires both sides to understand the agreement, verbal or written. I found out 4 months later, and my credit card company will only go back 2 months or so. It's been four. So this company is terrorizing potential customers and locking them into a contract. Hoping you won't take them to small claims court. I am.
    Anyone else want to join?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices