Pharmacy Complaints & Reviews

Pharmacyno long term customer care or service

After years of loyal customer support at cvs my wife was suddenly denied her ability to fill her Doctor prescribed medications. She was told that Her Doctor was on a "DEA/CVS no fill list". We checked into this DEA /CVS connection and was told the DEA had supported no such list. Keep in mind CVS had filled numerous times prior to the new policy for this Doctor. When questioned on what to do, CVS response was find another Doctor that was not on the list. She then did just that and found a doctor that CVS was able/willing to fill for. Now after changing doctors, the CVS store that she has fillied her prescriptions at for the past years is no longer filling her prescriptions at all. Now when asked what to do, she is told to call/find other CVS pharmacies to serve her medical needs. Since then she has visited and/or called at least 10 other CVS pharmacies to no avail. Contrary to the CVS news release that CVS is dedicatd to taking care of their customers needs, this is an ongoing problem. My wife is suffering severe pain and trauma due to CVS's negligence in this matter. I'd advised my wife to seek legal counsel and we will be pursuing legal action.

• Sk
    Skooker Apr 09, 2009

This pharmacy after their purchase of RxD Pharmacy in Minersville has not ironed out their problems yet. They have a drive-thru that nobody wishes to answer even if they are not busy. Certain workers make you wait 30 minutes even if your medication is ready and then leave so they can't be held responsible for the wait. Other issues include calling in refills over a day ahead and they still aren't filled. Generally, these new workers in the pharmacy do not give a care about the customers even if you are nice to them.

• Si
    Simon Radford Sep 25, 2009

On 9/22/09 at 2:22 pm, I picked up two prescriptions (dropped off) from my opthalmologist and three (phoned in) from my dermatologist - at Store#9408, under SEQ # 940834014.

These five prescriptions were filled within about 20 mins., while I waited, which was much appreciated.

The contents of each were correct but all of the attached labels indicated the same Dr. name (the opthalmologist). As this will cause confusion, when requesting renewals, I will ask the pharmacist to re-label the three incorrect items.

NoOneSpecialApparently Dec 06, 2010

Month after month, my prescriptions mysteriously get refilled. Call after call, even directly to the pharmacist, no one has been able to tell me how my prescriptions are automatically refilling themselves, even though none of my scripts are on automatic refill. I have pulled every one of my prescriptions and moved them to a smaller neighborhood pharmacy. If they have no verification system to find out how my meds are being called in, I have no use for them, at ALL!

MauiAL50 Mar 14, 2012

Rather than changing Drs, I would have changed pharmacies.

• 08
    08ambond Sep 26, 2012

Sunday 9-23-2017 I went into the Pharmacy and was informed that my prescritpion Suprep was not instock. The Pharmacy Manager assured me that the prescription would be in by 3pm on 9-24-2017 so I could begin the prep for my colonoscopy on 9-25-2017. On 9-24-2017 I went into the store at approxiamatly 4 pm to be told that my prescription had been "given" to another customer. Then they proceeded to have me go to a different walmart to get the prescription where I was informed it would take 2 hours additional to get my order filled.

• Mi
    Michael Lusk May 26, 2015

I placed an order with your company on April 22, 2017 & I used the money gram option.
    ORDER # 8097
    REERENCE # 42248335
    IT shows that Faisal Shehad PICKED IT UP
    You sent me order reciept in my email and told me you would send me a tracking # With-In 12 hours and that was on April 22, 2017 (THAT WAS THE LAST IHEARD FROM THEM)
    Please make it right i dont want the money, i want the product!!

Pharmacydiscrimanation

I have been doing business with price chopper for 30 to 40 years, but I'm about to boy-cot your store. You discriminate against people on medicare. what is wrong with you? we can not receive bonus point's on are prescriptions, because it is a gov. run program??????? WHO do you think we have been paying are money to thru are pay-check for all these years ? and we still pay!!! medicare is by no mean's FREE!!! So all your other customer's that get there prescriptions in your store receive 5cents a gal, for each script, and seniors get nothing. Way to go price chopper, if my business is so unappreciated wal-mart is just across the street, Diana Lawrence 405 e. wea paola Ks. 66071

Pharmacycut corner and abuse employee

As a pharmacist for 7 years, I have never seen any company that violate the labor law as much as CVS and abuse their employees worst than slave. CVS pushing their employees to increase number of scripts through their marketing program, the so-call patient care and Ready fill programs. Everyday, we have to complete certain reports before 10 am. We have to talk and pursuade the customers over the phone for at least one minute and get them to refill medications. If we talk less than one minute, our score or KPM, Key Performance Metric, will fall. In the morning to noon, only one pharmacist and one clerk/tech, to process prescriptions, contact insurance, pick up phone, listen to voicemail, take phone prescription from docs/nurses, take phone calls from patients, filling prescriptions, verifying prescriptions to make sure that correct drug for correct patient, bag prescription, counseling. 95% OF ALL THESE TASKS DONE BY PHARMACIST!!!

When we ask for more help, supervisors, mostly Indian or Pakistan origins, told us we are not efficient and 2 pharmacists are way too much. Most techs and clerk left after 6pm, leave one pharmacist and one clerk/tech by them self.

Many CVS Pharmacist are so fearful of making mistakes, and the number of misfill or wrong meds given out increasingly. Supervisors and Managers want us to do faster and increasing more work loads. A prescription processed in CVS at the Q.A station by pharmacist is about 5 to 7 seconds in average, and still we do not meet their metrics.

MORE AND MORE PHARMACISTS COULD NOT TAKE 10-MINUTE BREAKS DUE TO REPORTS TO MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS THAT THEY DO NOT TAKE CARE THEIR JOBS. MORE PHARMACISTS DO NOT TAKE LUNCH IN WEEKEND DUE TO PRESSURE OF WORK LOADS. MANY PHARAMACISTS HAD TO WORK OFF THE CLOCKS IN ORDER TO MEET SUPERVISORS AND CVS CORPORATE DEMANDS.

PLEASE HELP US,
PHARMACISTS, TECHS AND CLERKS

• Cw
    cw99999 Jul 28, 2010

This company did not send the product I ordered.

• Cw
    cw99999 Jul 28, 2010

This company is dishonest, fraud, false advertising, and medications are
    sent from foreign countrys.

• Te
    Teenie58 Aug 02, 2010

Dear Applebee33,

I just read your complaint, and every word in it is exactly what I am experiencing.

I am a CVS Rx/Tech here in Salem, Indiana. I would like to add my complaint/experience.

We are so sick and tired of hearing about low KPM's from DM, Rx District Supervisor, and the Regional Supervisor. The staffing here is so inadequate making our jobs a daily nightmare, and lowering customer service.

We have just received another pharmacist as a result of moving our wonderful long term pharmacist to another CVS. He was such a wonderful person to work for-we miss him.

This new pharmacist, who arrived a week ago, we can only guess, was sent as a result of long term low KPM, s. Since last week our lead tech supervisor and another tech, both with many years at CVS, have just quit.

This new pharmacist has chanted every day about low scores and has embarked on a mission of intimidation and fear-"you will do as I say or hit the highway" attitude. The work environment has turned absolutely toxic!

Today was my last day-I will never work for CVS again. I believe two more of my fellow workers will leave by next week. This should not be happening.

There was not one inquiry by the store manager, the DM, or anyone above him, as to why 3 long term experienced employees quit. There is not even a thought or concern that there is something wrong with this new pharmacist's employee-managing skills-or should say lack of.

I would like to compose a letter to the CEO, Tom Ryan and the Director of Human Resources, as to the chain of events this last week at our pharmacy.

After reading so many other board complaints (literally hundreds) such as yours, on the internet, I wondered if the CEO and/or board members have any concern about the peons down at our level-maybe I would just be wasting my time.

What do you think?

Our previous pharmacist also went 12 to 14 hour shifts without being able to leave for a lunch break. How does CVS get away with this. I thought the labor laws of the land state--10 minute breaks and a lunch break.

Thanks for reading.

Christine

sangss Nov 30, 2010

The pharmacy staff is extremely rude and do not know how to deal with customers.

JahLivin Dec 08, 2010

I worked for Walgreens as a pharmacist for three years and just quit when my contract expired. I equate the treatment of pharmacists in a retail setting to service clerks with much more to lose (license and therefore ability to provide financial support for self and family), forced to practice a respected profession with complacent negligence to meet the unrealistic, corporately set sales goals of a blood thirsty board of trustees with only profit motive to get them out of bed every morning. The details described above are ubiquitous throughout the world of retail pharmacy. I could go on for hours. Walgreens is worse. And as for the labor boards, ha. Welcome to the corporatocracy formerly known as "democratic" USA.

PharmacyPoor Service

I called in my prescription and two days later went to pick up to have the rude clerk tell me that they put it back because I didn't come in the next day. There was the one clerk and one pharmacist working. There was one customer before us and they were waiting aside from the register. We waited for 45 minutes. The clerk gossiped with another customer that was turning in their prescription. The pharmacist finally came over to the counter and rudely told the other customer that she hadn't called the insurance company yet and that she could do it right then. The customer said she would wait (after we had been waiting for 45 minutes.) Another 10 minutes passed when my family and I decided to leave because we apparently were not going to be waited on by either employee. When we got to the door the clerk yelled out "it will only be 5 more minutes." I yelled back "I'll be back." The clerk continue to gossip with the lady at her counter and then laughed. This Potsdam store staff is very rude from the pharmacy area to the check outs. What happened to your slogan of "SMILES". I think these employees need extra training or fired because it sure doesn't help the Walmart business.

PharmacyFalse advertising!

I have been a faithful KMart customer for years. I was excited about sending KMart a heart-feld compliment after the busy Christmas season. Sorry ~ That is not forthcoming! It is really sad that your company sends your customers to a site for feedback that does not exist. I do believe that would fall under "false advertising" and such things disgust me! I am trying to teach my children not to lie; look what they have to look forward to, especially from KMart! Shame on you!

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Dec 29, 2007

Dear Cheri:

The website goes to:

Both the website on the receipt & the above website works for me, you should try it.

Pablo

• Cl
    ClearSunSun Aug 14, 2018

Pharmacy technicians could not even communicate with the doctors office to validate an electronic prescription. After several hours of calling both the doctors office and the pharmacy, no medicine for a bacterial infection causing my fever. Now i have to go the doctors office in the morning to get a prescription.

Learn how to communicate!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices