Pack And Ride Complaints & Reviews

Pack And RideScammed by Pack and Ride

I was called on August 20th by Pack and Ride telling me they were out of business and that I had to deal with the trucking company Estes to get my goods. I had paid Pack and Ride $3700 to move from San Diego to Maryland and the truck was picked up on the 16th and when I called Ested they told me they had it in Batimore. I had to pay Estes $500 to deliver the goods and Wells just denied myt claim against Pack and Ride which was out of business on August 2th but now their web site is back up. Anyone else have similiar issues?

I can be reached directly at [protected]@datasmith-cons.com, possibly we can work togehter to get charges reversed being I smell something funny here.

Pack And Rideno longer in business

We used pack and ride to move across the country and now we find ourselves in a very precarious place. Those crooks at Pack & Ride charged our credit card. Estes Express pciked up our stuff but now it is apparently sitting in Maryland. Estes is telling us they have not been paid. Our bank tells us that they cannot reverse the charges. If you have your stuff, consider yourself really lucky sfc mckinney. From what I understand Pack & Ride is out of business. If your stuff is in transit, call Estes with your contract number to see if they are the ones doing the shipping.

Good luck to all of us who have been defrauded.

• Mh
    MHanson Aug 24, 2010

OMG I'm sorry to hear that you're in the same situation. :(

• Ki
    kingkong13 Aug 26, 2010

I'm in the same boat here--except I paid with a credit card. Apparently the credit card company has some ability to get my money back. Lesson learned--use a credit card for large purchases.

Re-read your post. You say you paid with a credit card, but you are arguing with your bank? Paying with a debit card is different than with a credit card. If you did use credit, talk to the credit card company directly (for example: visa), not your bank.

Pack And RideFraud and cheating

Pack and Ride, Inc. contracts for moving trailers to be dropped and left so customers can fill the trailers and schedule pick up and delivery to the move destination. On the day of my scheduled trailer drop I was notified by Pack and Ride that their contract trailer provider would not deliver to my origin for drop off. This was a disaster that required me to rent another truck and hire labor to move everything across town to the trailer dispatch yard. Pack and Ride collected nearly $600 profit to arrange for the trailer delivery and claims that they have no risk for performance if the trailer is not delivered. Beware! Once they have your money they do not return calls and refuse to accept responsibility for not meeting the Move Contract terms.

After many calls, I was finally told that if I promised not to report them they would refund $63 of the $1590 contract amount. This was not acceptable since my added costs were well over $300. The entire value of their service is to have a trailer delivered so the customer can fill it in several days. Then it is picked up and delivered to the destination to be unloaded in several days. However, they want to keep their full margin even if they do not perform and YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN TO GET IT DONE. So, BEWARE!!! if anything goes wrong on the drop or the delivery you could be totally screwed like me. I was able to accomplish the move but it was not what my contract stated and it could have been a huge disaster - especially if they had not delivered to the destination. Essentially, if you pay Pack and Ride you get nothing but a gamble with a huge risk if it does not work out. No business should make a profit with no risk to perform!

• Tr
    Truthgiver Mar 03, 2009

I have moved with Pack and Ride and they notify you before hand the time that they are arriving, since this was the beginning of the move why didnt this person just cancel the move with them if they were so upset to begin with. Also, I know they asked me if I wanted to bring my stuff direct to the service center for a discount of $125, which they offer to every move, but I decided to go with the door-to-door option. This sounds a lot like the customers fault on this one.

Janet Jun 10, 2009

I have to disagree with the review of Pack and Ride. I contracted them for a move from CA to TX. The staff was very courteous and helpful throughout the move. When I did experience problems with my homeowners assoc., I called the emergency hotline and Pack and Ride handled the problem immediately even though it was not there fault. I used less space than contracted and was credited back the money at delivery. All in all, it was a great experience. I would use them again and recommend them to all my friends

• Ki
    kingkong13 Aug 26, 2010

Pack and ride is out of business as of 19/20 Aug 2010.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices