Pacific Webworks Complaints & Reviews

Pacific Webworksunauthorized charges to visa

Try this to see if you can get charges refunded from these scam artists!!

Pww internet biz kit, tqg onlinebizkit.com, vmt hosting.com are all names you will see on your visa/bank statements with unauthorized monthly charges - they are all the same company under umbrella pacific webworks inc.!!

Try what I did to see if you can get anywhere with these scam artists. they have said they will refund me all 4 months' charges of $79.90 each... I will trust it when I see it!

I got scammed into this web ripoff as well by signing up at what I thought was an official google adsense website... but was not. I did authorize the original $.99 charge to my visa (pww internetbiz. kit [protected]), somehow a further $1.98 charge appeared on my visa same day from tqg online. bizkit [protected])... then on nov 25/09 a $79.90 charge appeared under tqgonlinebizkit [protected]), then on feb 10/10 another $79.90 for vmt hosting.com (singapore [protected]) and finally a mar 3/10 a further $79.90 charge from vmt hosting.com (singapore).

I called visa. because I had given my credit card no. for the intial $.99 and missed the fine print (as obviously hundreds of people have) that there would be a monthly charge if I did not cancel within 7 days... it is not actually fraud but I could put in a dispute claim with visa. they are sending out the documentation I need to sign. they also advised that I had 120 days to dispute any charges on my visa, so I was within the time frame still to officially cancel the account, but I needed to do it in writing, whether by email or mail.

I called the number on my visa statement for the first $79.90 charge on nov 25/[protected]). customer service answers. I explained that I wanted to cancel the account and was disputing the charges through visa. I told him how the internet is covered with complaints about their company. he said he would cancel the account and refund me the mar 3/10 charge. I said that wasn't good enough, I wanted all 4 months of the $79.90 charges refunded. he kept repeating himself that all he could do was refund the last charge. I said I would be reporting them to the federal trade commission. he passed me over to a billings supervisor, john. I told him outright that they were well aware what they were doing with their fine print, all the complaints of money coming out of single parent's accounts for monthly charges, what kind of morals did this company have... he then put me onto a director, john s. I didn't pull any punches and repeated everything I already said, that according to visa I had 120 days to dispute the charges so it would cover back to the nov 25 charge, and that I had put in a formal dispute claim withvisa. once I said that, it said "here's what we'll do, we'll refund you all 4 months charges and move forward from here!". he's given me a cancellation number, so I will update if I actually get the refund on my visa. he did want to put the responsibility back on me and any other people who got taken in, that we needed to hold ourselves accountable for what we sign up for! that may be true, I said, but obviously this is in such fine print, and they know very well what they are doing, that it still was very unethical. he wanted to know why I didn’t dispute sooner... I told him that as they were different names on my bill, I wondered if perhaps I had ordered something. I was contacted by fraud services at visa and I really clued in when vmt hosting charge was from singapore!

I am still going to write them an official cancellation letter, which is a good idea for all of us to do. that john s (he wouldn’t give me his last name!) confirmed they are all the same company – they just have different hosting companies. the address is:

Pacific webworks inc.
230 west 400 south, 1st floor
Salt lake city, utah
Usa 84101
Ph: [protected]
Fax: [protected]

Http://pacificwebworks.com

I will still be writing to the federal trade commission to register a complaint against these companies.
Www.ftc.gov
Www.econsumer.gov

Https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ftc_wizard.aspx?lang=en#last

They need to be stopped for taking advantage of unsuspecting people just looking for an honest way to make an income

Pacific Webworksunauthorized payment

On 10/5/09 I responded to a goodle ad regarding at home income profit. I clicked on to the ad and then proceeded to purchase for .97 the internet biz kit and for 1/95 the money maker kit. I received proper information from the money maker homepage and signed on...later cancelling on 10/14/09 with the payment being refunded to me. I had no information regarding the internet biz kit..therefore could not cancel. It was not until I reviewed my bank statment that I had a number. They refused to forward me to a supervisor and refused to refund my payment, stating that I needed to read the terms and agreements. I never got anything to even read the terms and agreements. I never got a sign in page or password to log on. I never even knew what the company name was until tonight. I have read that many other people have experienced the same...Could you please respond as to what you have done or who you have contacted. I did email the company and waiting on a reply.

Pacific Webworks — fraud!

Being a stay at home mom and actively seeking employment I saw an ad for at home business with google! Who...

Pacific Webworksfraud and rip off!

As others have indicated, I have found a recurring charge for $49.90 on my bank account, and like everyone else I was wondering where it came from. I called the company, Pacific Webworks, and I found out what it was from. This was from an attempt to qualify for a 'free' gift card for taking an online survey. In order to complete the survey, you must sign up for a number of Gold, Silver and Platinum offers. One of the offers is for a $4.95 information packet for a Google online auction business. I figured, okay, I can shell out $4.95 for a $500.00 gift card.

In the fine print of the $4.95 charge is a statement that the $4.95 is for a 14-day trial period, and after that you are automatically signed up for a $49.90 per month web site to go along with your Google business. In order not to take advantage of this, you must call Pacific Webworks within the 14-day period to cancel the service. For all those who think they will get their money back, I don't think it will work. In order to finalize the survey, you must state that you have read and accept the conditions of the offer. You are probably stuck with the charges that have been taken. Fortunately, I found this on the second month so the damage is limited.

BTW, I'm sure this is no surprise to anyone, I never got the gift card either!

HMD63 Sep 03, 2009

Here is the information you need to write to the Utah Attorney General. You must send a written request against Pacific Webworks. You cannot email or call. Let's make sure these jerks at PWW don't take another penny from an innocent consumer !!

Division of Consumer Protection
    160 East 300 South, 2nd Floor
    P.O. Box 146704
    Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-6704

OR by fax to: (801) 530-6001

Pacific Webworksunauthorized credit card charges

This company has been charging our american express card on a monthly basis for $49.90 after an initial charge of $4.95. We called american express and put the last two charges in dispute but the ones before that were older than 60 days. We have never heard of this company nor did we ever provide them with any of our personal information or credit card number. They are somehow stealing credit card numbers and abusing them.

Based on what I have read about them on the internet I cannot believe how long they have been ripping people off and that nobody with legal authority has shut them down and put the principals in jail. I am a former auditor to boot. The better business bureau in ut seems to be aware of them. The ut state attorney general's office should have done something by now. Sounds like there have been numerous police reports filed. Hmmm, I just happen to have an upcoming trip to slc. Maybe a personal visit is in order.

• Kr
    Kris Feb 29, 2008

A year later this company is still scamming people. They just took $59.90 of my money too.

HMD63 Sep 03, 2009

I'd be willing to pay your gas money!!
    I'm wondering the same thing. why hasn't the utah attorney general done something about this scam?? it appears they have kept the same phone number for some time now, so they mustn't be too difficult to track down. shame on anyone who knowingly works for this fraudulent company!!!

HMD63 Sep 03, 2009

Here is the information you need to write to the utah attorney general. you must send a written request against pacific webworks. you cannot email or call. let's make sure these jerks at pww don't take another penny from an innocent consumer!!

Division of consumer protection
    160 east 300 south, 2nd floor
    p.o. box 146704
    salt lake city, utah 84114-6704

or by fax to: (801) 530-6001

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices