Officetronics Complaints & Reviews

OfficetronicsInternet Fraud with Hewlett Packard

Officetronics is a bust of a company. Stay AWAY from Officetronics. The company will sell you anything and everything that is
either refurbished or used as new. After some tedious research found out the owner of Officetronics is Philip Kim. Sounds to me it is a Korean owner. Very Shady! Here are some breakdowns of some scams we have confirmed that Officetronics / Owner: Philip Kim is doing on the internet. Officetronics claims there products are cheaper than anyone else because they buy them at wholesale. First of all we have been in the electronics computer business for 20 years and we have been an HP Partner for 18 years. There is not wholesale prices from Hewlett Packard all products are purchased from distributors like Ingram Micro, Synnex, Techdata, Arrow Electronics and other authorized distributors. Currently Synnex is the only company selling refurbished Hewlett Packard printers and our insiders tell us they are puchasing all there Refurbished Hewlett Packard goods from Synnex Corp. They are purchasing the goods that are Factory Refurbished from Hewlett Packard and keep in mind Hewlett Packard goods that are factory refurbished come in the original box same as a new product would. What Officetronics is doing is removing the refurbished stickers off the box with a heat gun and erasing the "R" off the model numbers with an erase gun. From our extensive research and testimony's from other resellers Officetronics is clearly selling refurbished goods as new. What I can suggest is if you have purchased from Officetronics to check the serial number of the unit at the website on the bottom. When you enter the serial number it will also ask your for the model number. IMPORTANT the model numbers from Officetronics have erased the letter "R" off every printer so all you have to is is put the "R" back when you check the warranty status. Example Below.

In the serial number section make sure to put the "R" on the model number. Example

Printer HP 4250N is model number (product number) "q5401a#aba" for a new one. A Refurbished one is a "q5401aR#aba" notice how there is an "R" at then end of the actual model number. It must be before the # sign. The #ABA denotes its a US model. #201 means Goverment Model. Also you can call HP tech support at [protected] and ask Hewlett Packard how you can do a test print to show how many prints have gone through that machine. Hewlett Packard keeps records of print counts done on machines this will also help you determine if the printer was used or not. If there any page counts on the machine it means it was refurbished and repaired and not new. Refurbished Equipment are known to fail at higher rate than new products. BEWARE!!!

You will notice your product was either refurbished RMKT means refurbished by Hewlett Packard. Spread this word around the internet so others are not cheated out of there hard earned money. Officetronics is committing fraud and a scam that is hurting other dealers who are honest. The company is owned by Philip Kim and the Marketing Director: Marcelo Calcagnotto are all in on this scam. BUYERS BEWARE OFFICETRONICS IS A NO GOOD. Lots of other dealers to deal with. Officetronics is not worth the headache and nightmare.

OfficetronicsBuyer beware

BE VERY CAREFUL FROM ORDERING FROM OFFICETRONICS!!! I received a refurbished Hewlett Packard Printer that had the letter "R" removed after the model number. Clear Indication that Officetronics is removing refurbished stickers and the letter "R" off the model numbers. How I found this information was looking on Google "HP Warranty Lookup" with that enter your serial number and the model number and make sure you include the letter "R" after the model number. You will notice your printer was previously refurbished. I have bought around 100 printers from Officetronics and every single one was refurbished and not NEW as they had advertised. Clear FRAUD. I suggest anyone who has ordered from Officetronics to take my advice and look up the warranty status on there printer and to make sure to include the letter "R" after the model number. Example: HP 4250N Model is #Q5402A for a new one a Refurb is #Q5402AR. Include the "R" and it will give you previous history. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Dear Allan,

Officetronics is committed to its customer’s satisfaction and we are sorry to learn that you are unsatisfied with your purchase. We invite you to contact us immediately so that we can resolve any problems you have had with your purchase. We are committed to making your purchase with us a successful one. That is precisely why we have a 14 day return policy and we work with every customer within the period to make things right. We also help our customers after the 14 day policy with any warranty facilitations they need.

It has come to our attention that you have published your dissatisfaction on a third party website concerning our purported sale of a used product as new, which is not true. We do not sell used goods as new. If the product you purchased from us is not functioning, we invite you to contact us so that we may resolve the product issues you are experiencing. We do understand that goods sold occasionally have unforeseen manufacturer’s defects or other mechanical problems that are beyond our control. That is why we are committed to replacing products that have manufacturer’s defects or other malfunctions as well as refunding the purchase price on products that are defective.

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Allan in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

Officetronicsfraud and scam by Philip Kim

The company Officetronics treated me very nicely in the beginning of my ordering process. They were definetly glad to take my money on the Hewlett Packard printer I was interested in. After setting up the printer and using it 4 months the printer failed on us during a crucial timing. We called Hewlett Packard and was told the printer was out of warranty and refurbished. I told them that Officetronics sold me a new unit and that I should have 1 year warranty. I went over the serial number and realized that Officetronics had erased the letter "R" on the model number to hide the Refurbished Status. Hewlett Packard said they have been having thousands of complaints about Officetronics selling refurbished HP products as new. And that they are being investigated for the fraud. In the meantime HP told me they couldn't do anything about it and that I take it up with Officetronics. I called Officetronics and told them that what they are doing is fraud and a scam. Once I said that they hung up on me and told me "tough luck". I was shocked at the level of service. I called back and spoke to the same lady I believe and she didn't even help and just transfered my call to a Voice mail box. At this time I have gotten no where with Officetronics only to be transfered to a voice mail or hung up on whenever I question them. DO NOT DEAL WITH OFFICETRONICS. They are a total scam. They sale a bunch of products and I believe all the positive reviews were written by Officetronics. BUYER BEWARE.

Office Machines & Equipment
Projectors
Rack Mount
Scanners

Dear Akbar Shami,

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Akbar Shami in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

• Le
    Lester Oct 27, 2008

The rebuttal made by Officetronics is definetly wierd. These allegations are so detailed how could they not be true!!! Officetronics you guys have thousands of negative reviews. And every review points to you as a fraud and scam. Its one thing if someone says your selling refurbished products as new. But these reviews are explaining exactly how you are doing these scams!!! I just dont understand why you guys are still in business. OFFICETRONICS IS POINT TOWARDS A SCAM AND THERE REBUTTALS ARE NOT HELPING ANY.

Marcelo C Jun 03, 2016

Dear Aliemi,

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Aliemi in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

• Al
    aliemi Jun 03, 2016

Yes I am one of many who also was defrauded and cheated by Officetronics. Purchased (5) M2727nf printers and every single one was refurbished by Hewlett Packard. When I went to Officetronics website they advertised this product as a new product with full warranty. After recieving the product it looked very wierd that the packaging for each printer was different. After I did some research on the internet typing "officetronics fraud" and "officetronics scam" I noticed thousands of reviews coming up about the company practicing fraud on unsuspecting people. What they are doing was getting refurbished products and removing the stickers and the letter "R" off the box of each unit and printer. You can tell this is done on your printer by checking it under a UV light. After checking it and doing my research I contacted Hewlett Packard and was told the unit was registered to someone else and that I should report Officetronics to the proper authorities. I have reported Officetronics to the right authorities at this time and I hope that this company who seems to commit fraud and scams on a daily basis is shutdown as well as the owner of the company whom I found out is Philip Kim is liable for all the damages. After contacting Officetronics and confronting them about this problem I was told by Lisa that this is not her problem and that I need to email Officetronics. The lady was one of the rudest people I have dealt with and there email return was done promptly but the headache and nightmare with Officetronics is not something I can express in words. The company is the biggest fraud and scam on the entire internet and after writing some reviews on Nextag.com my reviews were removed. I strongly believe that Nextag is either involved in the schemes since they will not allow users to write the true review and experience with a company if it is negative. I suggest anyone using Nextag to use Shopping.com instead since the review I wrote is still there. Nextag is a joke and should not be used to fund there marketing. All Nextag cares about is making money on marketing and not informing users of potential negative sellers. Officetronics and the owner Philip Kim will not return my calls and will only hang up the phone whenever I ask about why they continue to run scams on the public. Buyer Beware Officetronics is scam and a fraud!!!

• Valerie Jun 03, 2016

The beginning experience with Officetronics was good. 2 Months later my HP 4250N failed on me and we did a test report and found 120, 000 pages previously printed on the machine. We were confused because we probably printed less than 5000 pages. I called HP and was told the printer I had purchased was not NEW as Officetronics had me to believe. The printer was refurbished with only 90 days of warranty left on the machine. Officetronics defrauded me and my business by scamming me into a refurbished printer and telling me that hewlett packard printer was new. When I called Officetronics I was told to fill out the RMA request and I haven't heard back until 6 days later after calling and complaining. I was told this unit is past my return policy and that I am stuck with the printer. Now I am out a printer and the fact that was cheated and defrauded by Officetronics is very upsetting. I don't recommend anyone to use Officetronics.

Marcelo C Jun 03, 2016

Dear Gerald,

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Gerald in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

OfficetronicsOfficetronics Fraud on Hewlett Packard

Service from Officetronics is worse than any other company or person I have ever dealt with. First my Printer arrived 2 days late after purchasing it next day air service. Once the printer arrived the accessories inside the box looked as if they were repackaged. After setting up the printer and doing a test print we notived 12, 000 pages were already printed on this machine. It is obvious Officetronics has tried to defraud and cheat me by telling me this printer is new. The Hewlett Packard Printer looked to be in good condition but what I paid for was for a new machine. I spoke to a person at Officetronics and the woman who answered was absolutely rude and transfered the phone without even telling me. RMA department was denying how this could happen and I questioned them by saying why is the letter "R" erased from the box and the machine. He put me on hold for 5 minutes and asked me what my motives were. I told him your website advertised this machine as a new product and instead you sold me a refurbished unit with serial numbers and model numbers erased to hide the refurbished status. At that point the RMA guy just replied back by telling me we can refund your money but you need to pay for shipping. At this point now I had a firm grasp of Officetronics business model. Sales refurbished equipment as new and if a customer finds out refund his money and try to cheat a different unsuspecting customer. I did some research by typing Officetronics on the internet and found unparallel reviews about the same thing that has happened to me. Some customers were defrauded over $10, 000.00 in this same way. Many were not refunded there money if they had wired the money as requested by Officetronics. Officetronics is a scam and a fraud lets spread the word so others dont have to deal with what I had.

Dear Micorjones,

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Micorjones in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

• Le
    Lester Oct 27, 2008

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS REBUTTAL FROM OFFICETRONICS. The Owner Philip Kim is a fraud and a scam artist. BEWARE. HE IS A SHADY INDIVIDUAL. CHECK OUT THIS REVIEW THAT IS VERY DETAILED!

The Real Truth about Shopping Comparison Sites! OFFICETRONICS THE RESELLER EXPOSED AND MADE AN EXAMPLE!!!

NOTE: THIS ARTICLE I AM POSTING IS BEING REMOVED FROM EVERYSITE. I FOUND OUT THAT THESE SHOPPING SITES ARE OWNED BY BIG CORPORATIONS. HELP SPREAD THE WORD AROUND!!!

I have heard thousands of customers complain about shopping sites like - Nextag.com - Pricegrabber.com - ResellerRatings.com - CIAO.com about removing negative reviews that customers have had with the companies that they have purchased from. The truth is that most these companies such as Nextag.com / Pricegrabber.com / Resellerratings.com / CIAO.com are not consumer and safe shopping sites. They are paid per click for every time you click on one of those sellers. You are charging them anywhere between $.25-$1.25 a click whether you buy or not. This is big business for these shopping sites and if there sellers are not happy about the reviews they are receiving they will gladly remove them upon their request. I urge you shoppers to not let these big companies continue to sway customers into believing they are offering a great service and a safe place to purchase products.
    The company I will give you an example about is www.officetronics.com. They are currently receiving hundreds of negative reviews on daily basis and you will see from hundreds of testimonies that this company is a fraudulent and scamming consumers and government agencies. They are selling refurbished and used products as new. One seller has even written a blog about these business practices about Officetronics. The owner of the business Philip Kim refused to do any interview with us when we asked these questions about their business practice. We have received hundreds of emails from consumers who have read my information about this company and the shopping sites that support companies like Officetronics. I will list many ways to help consumers fight back against big corporate companies that out there looking for their own good and not the good of consumer. I urge everyone to stick together in a time where fraud and scams are becoming rampant among the wealthy. People like Philip Kim / Officetronics / Nextag.com / Pricegrabber.com / Resellerratings.com / CIAO.com are not here to help consumers but to defraud consumers. Below is some detailed information about the research we have done.

How to Prevent Being Scammed from Internet Dealers: Example - www.officetronics.com (well known fruad and internet scam)

1) Don’t believe reviews from shopping sites. Example go to "Google" and search for "Officetronics" or "Officetronics scam" or "Officetronics fraud" from there we can see roughly 4000 posts about Officetronics being a scam and a fraud. These are the reviews you are going to want to see. These are consumers who have posted and went out there way to let consumers know about what is going on. Do not rely on Nextag.com / Pricegrabber.com / Resellerratings.com / CIAO.com to give you reviews that are not filtered by money grubbing executives.

2) Most companies like Officetronics are writing their own reviews. Places like Nextag.com - Pricegrabber.com - Resellerratings.com - CIAO.com are not places that offer true consumer reviews and reviews that are negative are removed while positive reviews are seldom removing written by the sellers themselves.

3) If someone is complaining about a seller such as www.officetronics.com about the same exact thing most likely they are doing a scam and are not trust worthy seller. Most these sellers will try to create other websites to mask all the negative reviews.

Example when we do a search for Officetronics on Google:

We come up with some negative reviews and some odd websites. The odd websites coming up from our Research shows Officetronics trying to mask and hide all the negative reviews that are appearing naturally on Google.

Here are the bogus websites that Officetronics is currently Optimizing to hide all those negative reviews from consumers. Be a smart consumer and don’t let companies like these take advantage of hard working consumers.

4) Spread the word around about what you have seen or heard. Don’t let websites like these stop you from right to freedom of speech. If you have been cheated let others so they are not victims of fraud.

Back to Shopping Sites. Our research does show one positive website that doesn't remove negative reviews from our knowledge and research. WWW.eopinions.com / www.shopping.com / www.dealtime.com I believe are the best shopping sites around. There policy is to leave any review that consumers have had with them. These sites I do must advocate are decent and still have some good foundation for consumer advocacy against fraud. I commend these companies for their honest work and not believing in profits over the right thing to do.

As for Nextag.com / Pricegrabber.com / Resellerratings.com / Ciao.com I recommend you not to use them but if you do use them "DO NOT CLICK ON THOSE SELLERS YOU WANT TO BUY FROM!!! Just go direct to their website by typing in the domain name within your browser. This will prevent shopping sites like these to get paid on their advertisement that is precious for them to jeopardize consumer safety.
    Example of the Huge Fraud at Officetronics and how thousands were scammed! And how this could have been prevented if Shopping sites had allowed users to review these sites with honesty.

THIS REVIEW CAME FROM A CUSTOMER WHO HAVE SPOKEN TO AND HAVE PHYSICAL PROOF OF FRAUD ON OFFICETRONICS. THIS CONSUMER HAS NOTIFIED THE FBI, IC3, AND ATTORNEY GENERAL. WE CAN ONLY WAIT TO SEE THE OUTCOME OF THIS COMPANY.

Printer HP 4250N is model number (product number) "q5401a#aba" for a new one. A Refurbished one is a "q5401aR#aba" notice how there is an "R" at then end of the actual model number. It must be before the # sign. The #ABA denotes its a US model. #201 means Goverment Model. Also you can call HP tech support at 800-474-6836 and ask Hewlett Packard how you can do a test print to show how many prints have gone through that machine. Hewlett Packard keeps records of print counts done on machines this will also help you determine if the printer was used or not. If there any page counts on the machine it means it was refurbished and repaired and not new. Refurbished Equipment are known to fail at higher rate than new products. BEWARE!!!

• Wi
    William K Apr 02, 2011

I have been online shopping for many years and I have never come across a scam like Officetronics. I purchased what I was told as new equipment from Philip Kim and his associate Lisa. After using the products for about 5 months I noticed the printer constantly jamming. After calling Hewlett Packard and running a diagonstic I noticed the page count was around 100, 000 prints is what shocked me. Our office at most had ran around 20, 000 prints on the machine. I looked on the internet to see if this was some type of glitch and saw that a bunch of people were scammed by Officetronics this way. We were promised new products and instead recieved used and refurbished goods. Luckily I had saved the box of the unit in case of storage and noticed very shocking things! I found out Hewlett Packard goods have a letter “R” after the model number that says hey I’m refurbished. I noticed using a UV light that another member had suggested the letter “R” had somehow been erased. From my search Officetronics is taking these off by using an electric eraser. So I called Officetronics and they denied this fact and told me I would get a call back from the supervisor. I demanded to talk to Philip Kim and was told he is hardly ever in the Office. To this day I can never get a hold of a supervisor or get this issue resolved. I hope all you people working for this person realize how bad you are cheating people of their hard earned money. I have reported them to them to the FTC and I hope this company gets closed. Cant imagine how much this company has defrauded the public. Also I noticed a public statement from Scott who works at Resellerratings that Officetronics had been writing fake reviews on there website. I am glad that Scott came foward about this. I dont think companies like Nextag, Pricegrabber, Shopping are willing to do this. I suggest you stop paying for there advertisement by not click on there resellers and going direct to there homepage by typing in the URL.

anon349 Apr 02, 2011

Hello Officetronics,

I am writing this in return to your comment made on your reply:

I am a former employee of your company and I know the fraud going on within your company. Your company has been committing fraud on a very large scale in the millions of dollars. In regards to your fraud of selling used and refurbished equipment to unsuspecting cusotmers can easily be traced. You have commited fraud by using eraser guns and heat guns to remove refurbished information on the boxes of products you purchased. 90% of the Hewlett Packard products purchased were done through Synnex and some were also done through Ingram Micro. You are not fooling anyone with this fake mission statement. Everyone on the internet knows you are committing fraud and we will not stop until you are made liable for the fraud. You have sold refurbished equipment to companies below and I have proof and letters from some of these companies you have commited fraud. I have already detailed the fraud by explaining how they are committing the fraud by erasing the refurbished sticker off using the electric erasers. Not only have you cheated thousands of customers and hurt them financially you have also caused distress amongst other people. While working at your company you have written hundreds of fake positive reviews using Proxy Servers to hide your identity. I have first hand experience with you demanding from www.nextag.com / www.ciao.com / www.pricegrabber.com to remove any negative reviews posted by Officetronics. These companies that do business with Officetronics is allowing the company to commit fraud by using these places as an avenue of fraud. Also during the time I have worked at Officetronics you have committed a large amount of fraud with Garmin selling refurbished equipement that was in a whitebox as BRAND NEW OEM PRODUCTS. Also Epson printers and Brother printers were also sold in this fashion. YOur company is a total fraud and scam and I will make it my personal goal in life to have you personally liable for all the fraud and scams you have commmited. During the time I have worked at Officetronics you have misclassified more then 2 employeesa as a 1099 when they should be W4 employees. After researching why you did this is to avoid employeer tax. You have commited fraud against the IRS and the working American people Philip Kim. Philip Kim as the owner of the company it is not hard to find out if you have done this. I know from experience that all anyone has to do is find how much refurbished products you have purchased from PCWHOLESALE which is now SYNNEX to show the true amount of fraud committed.

Your reply letter is a joke and misleading the public from the truth. During the time I have worked at Officetronics your whole business model is based on fraud and scamming the public. You have scammed the goverement for millions of dollars in selling refurbished equipment as NEW. Once the goverement and resellers do an audit as well as the American people we will see the truth behind your fraud.

Officetronics is purchasing all Refurbished Hewlett Packard products from Synnex in which they sale as brand new. Officetronics is purchasing all Refurbished Brother products from Newport Data and Nuworld in which refurbished products are sold as new. I have outlined the details of where you are purchasing these products to commit fraud and I hope this will help the public shutdown Officetronics and the fraud.

Here is a comment made by Scott on a public message board about Officetronics writing bogus reviews:

With regards to Officetronics specifically, we have removed dozens of fake positive reviews that the merchant undoubtedly submitted for themselves and more recently, we removed 12 negative reviews that one person tried to write who wasn’t even a customer because they could not produce an invoice – that’s not allowed — we allow one review per real customer. You can’t come to our site and write 12 negative reviews of a store just to bash it because that’s junk – we care about quality. 12 real customers can come write all the negative reviews they want to, but 1 person can’t just post 12 positive or negative reviews for 1 store. Officetronics’ rating is “N/A” since they haven’t received any reviews in the past 6 months, and their lifetime rating is 5.00 out of 10.00 – not exactly great. The merchant does participate in our Merchant Member program in order to contact reviewers and post replies to reviews, but that program does not affect the merchant’s ratings or reviews in any way. We have not censored their reviews nor removed any of their reviews.

In light of these facts, I’m going to first try asking you nicely to edit the harmful comments you’ve been making about our site. Stop lumping our site in with your commentary about pricegrabber/shopping.com/etc. Your comments are completely false and are damaging our reputation.
    Scott
    ResellerRatings.com

Below is a list of some of the companies you have commited fraud against and I will demand from the Goverment Agencies to do an audit for all the products these companies have sold too.

OfficetronicsFraud and Scam

Officetronics sent an HP L7680 that was refurbished and not new as they had advertised. What was very suspicious is that the letter "R" was removed at the end of the model number by some type of chemical of some sort. The "R" shows that its refurbished and after further inspection noticed the refurbished stickers were removed from Officetronics. The company is very questionable since these practices constitute as fraud and false advertisement. Called Officetronics and support was poor and did not care that what they are doing is illegal. Consumers becareful and search on the internet about the company your buying from. Officetronics has thousands of negative reviews that I should have researched. I am stuck with a $300.00 they will not allow me to return. I did a page count at the unit has over 2000 pages printed on it. This is a common practice done by Officetronics from what it seems to me. I will not be ever ordering from Officetronics. I will lets great sites that allow users to show there experience about Officetronics know the kind of business they are running.

• Fi
    fischer2340 Oct 06, 2008

Officetronics shipped me a Hewlett Packard L7680 which arrived in 7 days. Not as quick as I thought it would arrive. What had me very upset about Officetronics is that there were clearly indications of fraud and a scam. I am a HP reseller and what shocked me is that Officetronics is selling products cheaper than I could get as a 10 Year dealer from Hewlett Packard. How I found out there prices are real low is because they are selling refurbished equipment cleaned up to look new. The products Officetronics are selling are cleaned up and the refurbished stickers are removed with some chemical or heatgun it looks like. After removing these labels they are erasing any indications of refurbished on the product. If you wonder why Officetronics for being the dinky company it is has the best prices is because they are selling refurb goods as new. Becareful the company is a total scam and a bust. I had a nightmare of a time returning the product and the owner of the company would not return my calls. Was told that the owner does not deal with its customers and that I would have to deal with his employees. His employees are very rude and the lady I spoke to sounded as though she didn't even care about what was going on within the company and that what they are doing is illegal and morally unethical. She reponded with "thats not my problem you need to deal with the owner and since he doesn't answer phone calls I am not sure what you are going to be able to do!" I was very shocked to hear such a commment made by any company. I recommend that if you have purchased anything from Officetronics you call the manufacturer and verify my review about this company and see if you too were scammed as many thousands of people have been online. Also my further research shows Philip Kim who is the owner of the company is trying to open many other .com companies to hide behind his lies. I have found very unique message board forum about taking this guy down for fraud and there is a large movement brewing to send him to jail for fraud and false advertisement. No matter where you go PHilip Kim or what company you may open us internet people will not stop writing reviews and letting others know about your deceptive practices. At the end of the day I still haven't recieved my refund from Officetronics and I have printer that I payed for that should have been New instead its refurbished without any warranty. Not worth the headache that Officetronics comes with when purchasing from this store. I recommend everyone to stay away from Officetronics.

• Rk
    R Klostermeyer Oct 06, 2008

If you believe a disk drive in a machine has been refurbished and sold as new, there are certain forensic tests that can be performed to see if the disk has been in service before. The simpleest is SMART diagnostics that will tell you the total time a drive has been powered up, how many times it has been power cycled etc.

More sophisticated software can recover data most refurbishers can't take the time to completely remove. I was involved in one case thatgot some attention as the previous owners had "scrapped" the drives and the refurbisher had certified them as destroyed (lager mainframe computer). You can imagine the red faces... My advice is if you can "prove" a used drive was sold as new, you may have a third party just as interested in their data going public and going after Officetronics.

Believe it or not, IBM, many years ago was caught leasing hardware that had been traded in rom another company. The property tags were missed in the refurbishing, and the "new" owner noticed them during routine maint. IBM made good, but the practice is an old one in the computer business.

Dear Fischer2340,

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Fischer2340 in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

Dear Joesph,

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Joesph in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

• We
    wesley Oct 29, 2008

Officetronics at first looked to be a legit site. After ordering a Hewlett Packard L7680 I realized after using it and doing a test print. I noticed 400 pages were printed. This was very odd to me since Officetronics sold this unit as a brand new machine. Upon investigating I realized Officetronics had erased the refurbished stickers off the box of the machine as well as the "R" on the printer and the box. This company is a total scam and fraud. Anyone who has ordered from them and been scammed please report them to the FBI, Attorney General and FTC. This company is under investigation when I called one of these organizations. Officetronics is owned by a Philip Kim and they are defrauding anyone and everyone they can including Goverment organizations and even the Department of Defense. I am shocked to see they are still operating but I am sure the owner will be serving heavy jail time. I have researched alot about Officetronics online by search "officetronics fraud" and 5280 results came with thounsands of complaints. Complaints about Synnex who is selling these refurbished items and seems like they are knowingly selling these products to Officetronics so they can sale them as new. Synnex is very quetionable about there business practice. To Shopping comparison sites from Nextag, Pricegrabber, Ciao, Shopwiki, Resellerratings that removing negative reviews about Officetronics probably because Officetronics is paying big bucks for advertisement. Officetronics is knowingly committing fraud and a scam. The owner Philip Kim should be investigated for fraud. Anyone who has sold to him should be liable since they have been removing negative reviews and knowingly allowing him to advertise and sale these products. I urge anyone who has been defrauded to report this and let others know by writting anywhere you can.

• Ed
    Edward Jun 18, 2009

Officetronics is a company established in 2001 by Philip Kim. They company looks like a small mom and dad shop
    that operates by defrauding customers. There product lines are included on the bottom. There biggest scam and fraud scheme is selling refurbished and used equipment as new. With Hewlett Packard Products what they are doing is using heat guns to remove refurbished stickers off the boxes of the units. We know that Hewlett Packard denotes there products with the letter "R" at the end of each model number. Officetronics is erasing these letters to hide the refurbished status on these products. Officetronics is a total scam and a fraud. I suggest anyone dealing with Officetronics to check the serial number of your product by calling Hewlett Packard support and letting them know that the product you recieved could be refurbished so they can verify this information for you.
    Thousands of customers have been scammed by Officetronics and the fact they continue to operate in business is still mind boggling. When you search on Google about "officetronics" you can see hundreds of complaints have been made to the Attorney General and FTC about the level of fraud going on within Officetronics and yet they continue to do business. I believe that Officetronics who is owned by Philip Kim is fully aware of the fraud and continues to profit in large sums of money by defrauding the public. When I was defrauded by Officetronics there service was horrible by blaming me that I didn't know what I was talking about. I told Officetronics that Hewlett Packard Printer Division informed me the 10 printers I had bought from Officetronics were all REMANUFACTURED and not new as my sales rep at Officetronics had told me. The rep I spoke to at the time was a Lisa and she informed me that Officetronics was a authorized dealer of Hewlett Packard and that all the products they sold were in fact brand new with full warranty. The reason I found out these printers from Officetronics were refurbished was because when I went through troubleshooting that is when they notified me of the status of the printer. When I called to confront Officetronics there RMA guy was very rude and basically told me tough luck. No support was given by Officetronics and basically I was hung up on when I told them what they are doing is fraud. I am currently stuck with $8000.00 worth of equipment that is refurbished and not new from Officetronics as they had advertised. I have no recourse since they requested for that large dollar amount I pay with a wire transfer. At this point I am very fustrated with Officetronics and the fact the owner Philip Kim will not return my calls. Anyone who has done business with Officetronics I give you a fair warning stay away from Officetronics they are a scam and a fraud.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices