OAN Complaints & Reviews

OANfalse charges on my verizon bill

oan charged my verizon cable/phone/net bill 14.95 for 411 services which i never ordered and already have through verizon. they say i ordered on the internet...i called told them to cancell and they did, giving me a cancellation numbet and said it would take 2-3 billing cycles to issue a credit for my current charges. At first they wouldnt give me the credit, however i told them im aware through this web of the scamming of thousands of people and im not goting to pay it no matter what they say..at that point she told me a credit will be issued..it remains to be seen. if this doesnt come off my bill i will get Verizon involv ed. This is disgusting.

OAN — Verizon phone bill scam

My mom found a weird service charge on her Verizon bill this month, for $9.51 being billed by OAN Service...

OANCharge of $42.95 on Verizon Bill

This is what was on our bill. Could not find an exact website for OAN. Numbers listed below are open M-F only. So have to call them and waste time on Monday. This is the third time I have had to go through a cancellation process for something like this and have no idea what the charges are even for.

Services

Total Services $39.95
Tax & FeesState tax $2.80
Total Tax & Fees $2.80
Total New Charges for OAN Services, Inc. $42.75
Messages fromOAN Services, Inc.

Tax & Fees
All tax and fees are authorized by Federal, State or Local Governments. Fees are explained by selecting the icon by the term.

How to Reach OAN Services, Inc.
Bills, Orders, Repairs, Special Services: Phone Numbers
Billing questions [protected]

How to Reach Capital Network
Bills, Orders, Repairs, Special Services: Phone Numbers
Billing questions [protected]

OAN — AT&T PHONE BILL

THERE WAS A CHARGE ON MY AT&T PHONE BILL FOR $16.22 FROM OAN FOR SOME SIGNATURE MARKET NEWS, LLC. I NEVER...

OANFraud and scam

I received a bill from some company called OAN on my Verizon phone bill. The charge, with taxes came to $46.98. I finally located the 'reason' on my phone bill. It says I called a 900 # for 'Lavalife. I called the 800 OAN # and told the guy to remove the charge from my phone bill immediately. HE went on to read to me the greetings you would get if you called Lavalife. I told him to remove the charge immediately. He went on to read yet another greeting that one would hear if one called Lavalife. He stated that you are given a chance to hang up before the beep and you will not be charged $40. Once more I demanded that he remove the charge immediately.

He finally heard me and agreed to remove it AND THE $40 CHARGE ON NEXT MONTH'S BILL!!! What in the h*ll?? What I figure is that they are collecting thousands of dollars from people who automatically have their bills paid by their bank accts and don't look at their bills. I've read about people being charged an extra $7 or whatever but this is beyond that and these people need to be locked up.

I then called Verizon demanding an answer as to how they allowed this to happen The operator said that the gov't forced them to allow other companies to add on whatever bills they wanted to the phone bills. I had her block all add ons to my bill and all 900 numbers for whatever reason. The operator said that other people call and complain but this was the first time she'd seen this. I alerted her to the class action suite that other people can join on the internet.Beware of this ###!

OANOAN is a SCAM!

Can anyone PLEASE tell me anything about this company and if or how we can file a class action lawsuit on these scam artists! I tried calling this company to get a credit for the charges I saw on my AT&T bill and the manager was flat out RUDE and told me to have a nice day and hung up on me. This company called me a month ago, telling me that they worked for AT&T and mislead me. Although I may have agreed on a plan I specifically told them I did not want to if they did not work for AT&T or if I had to pay additional fees. I was surprised to see a charge from OAN on my AT&T bill this month. Not only were they trying to charge me for a plan, it wasnt even applied to my Long Distance so, AT&T was still charging me for a Long Distance plan, so I was being billed twice! PLEASE! Anyone out there that wants to file a lawsuit or can give me any information, let me know!

• Lo
    lorenaina97 Jun 26, 2009

If you ever figure out how to file a lawsuit email me. I am so sick and tired of oan charges on my phone bill for long distance, website hosting ect. This happens approx. every 2 months that i cancel and it restarts.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices