Nextel / Sprint Complaints & Reviews

Nextel / SprintLost phone recovered, no service!

My phone was lost and recovered 3 days later. It was recovered on the 25th of Jan 08. to this date, 2/4/2017, my phone is still not operational. I was told I would have to provide proof of purchase, dates etc. The problem is I wasn't told of this until 4 days after I tried to get it turned on. So I provided all necessary information and was then told 24 to 48 hours to turn phone on. Well it is now feb 4th 08 and guess what NO phone. Now they say 24 to 72 hours, I mean 3 business days. Well I had a weekend in between there and we are on the 5th day with NO phone. And still no answer as to when it may be turned on.
Believe me when I say you have no where to turn. The PUC gets you in contact with the "Executive office" that does nothing, and a written complaint answer, over 60 days. I have filed a complaint with the PUC, FCC and Consumers affairs. However, the consumers affairs DOES NOT handle telecommunication problems.

• Ka
    Karen Dec 10, 2008

So it�s October 14th, our wedding anniversary & my husband & I decide it would be a good day to upgrade our phones we have with Nextel that are several years old. We have been customers with Nextel for many, many years. He chooses a phone, I choose a phone & we arrange to have them delivered to the Nextel dealer shop locally so they can be programmed & ready to go as soon as possible, as my husband will be conducting business out of state the entire month of Nov.. My husbands line is particularly valuable to us as it is also our primary number used for our business customers. We are assured that the phones would be delivered within 2 days & we would also have better service & coverage than our older phones had.

Much to our surprise our phones don�t arrive until 4 days later & at our home, necessitating a 25 mile drive (one way) to the Nextel dealership for programming.

Another unexpected surprise is that, despite her own calls to S/N our exceptionally helpful & patient representative at the store cannot have my new phone activated on our account because it�s registered with a different Nextel customer! Back it has to go, so sorry Nextel says they can�t do a thing about it, a different phone has to be ordered. I choose a totally different & advertised cheaper phone & have to wait another week, causing exceptional inconvenience with business calls.

A few weeks later & the phone issue (so we thought) has been resolved & my husband goes to Nevada for business. He is expected to be there a month & is looking forward to the �new & improved� phone service that we are told will be available in the area.

More disappointment when we find out that he has NO SERVICE except within a small spot on a road aprox. 30 feet long.

We then have to have all of his calls forwarded to my phone so as not to inconvenience our own customers. Nextel happily charges us for the call forwarding �service�.

Again I contact our local Nextel Rep. & she in turn contacts everyone she can to find a resolution to not having service available to us out of state.

One of the solutions is that we need to consider changing our phones to strictly Sprint network, thereby loosing our customer connections with those who contact us with the Nextel Direct Connect frequently, or perhaps we can try a �hybrid� phone that will work on BOTH the sprint & Nextel networks & towers (funny, same company but still running as 2 separate entities, that�s convenient) HOWEVER to try the hybrid phone we have to change our service plan. It should be comparable I�m told, but once we change we can�t go back to our old plan cuz it�s, well, old.

Meantime back in Nevada my husband is STILL WITHOUT phone service (except the before mentioned 30 feet of road), the hybrid phone is not a viable option either. So we are told having the service plan changes only being in effect a week it SHOULDN�T be a problem to get our old service plan back in effect as we only upgraded for a phone we cannot use.

Bringing us up to date on our Sprint/Nextel bill, November 17, I pay for ONLY the charges for the phone service, waiting for the equipment charges to be properly credited to our account for the returned & exchanged phone etc. Nevermind the fact that it will be nearly an entire month my husband has had virtually no phone service.

That brings us to today, Dec. 3, where when I attempt to make a call on my phone I am redirected to a Sprint/Nextel payment resolution line�no calls will go through & are all redirected for �payment resolution� This is yet again NOT A GOOD THING FOR A BUSINESS PHONE LINE!

Our account balance for some reason now sits at $951.42. This is an increase of over $600 than is should be, even including the new equipment purchases. I finally get in contact with a phone representative, go over the charges one at a time explaining each situation as it occurred. 45 minutes later he unraveled the facts that:

We are on the wrong service plan & are being charged $208.18, when in fact it should be $89.99.

There has been NO CREDIT recorded for the phone (I880) I had to return due to A FACTORY ERROR. This bumps us up another $227.90

The replacement phone I chose due to a promotional price of $79.99, we were charged $248.33.

Just because I�m annoyed, the fact that we have been charged $6.43 for a LATE PAYMENT, $12.00 for OVERNIGHT SHIPPING (DIDN�T HAPPEN) & $9.40 for call forwarding we were forced to use as a result of no phone service, stand out as more indifference to the issues & charges we have been dealing with for over a month with as yet NO RESOLUTIONS.

Oh & what is the $18 �handset upgrade� charge..well it�s just something S/N charges when you get a new phone -WHAT?!?!?!?!

Not to mention they charged us $48�I remember something about 18+18=36.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel, after 45 minutes my phone rep. tells me, not unexpectedly, that he needs to consult a higher up manager for authorization to fix our account..while I�m on hold my call gets TRANFERRED.. I DO NOT want to start this process all over again but I�m told my call was transferred to an incoming calls only center & they have NO WAY to return me to the previous service representative!!! Would I please hold because they need to again transfer me, this time to someone who works with Nextel accounts.

Another person & starting from scratch all she can do is make notes (yet she sees the previous notes made by the �mystery� original service rep. they couldn�t transfer me back to). I�ve been on the phone over an hour now & she is trying to be helpful but can only send my �dispute on the charges� to a �resolution� person.

In the meantime I ask can we at least get this resolved so that our phone service won�t forward us to the �payment resolution� line should we need to, oh say, conduct business of our own???

YES..this at least can be done. Glory be, we have phone service tonight (we�ll take THAT day by day..I have no faith in the S/N powers that be for some reason) but our charges? Why thank you for your payment last month for the service, but our account continues to sit at $951.42 until it is �reviewed.�

Nextel / SprintFradulent charge!

My husband has been a Nextel customer for almost three years. In July, after moving in together, he added me to his plan. At the time, my TMobile contract was about to expire, so we figured it would be cheaper to add me to his plan. Ever since, there have been nothing but issues. They seem to try to screw you every which way. In October of 2007, I contacted Nextel to change our plan to 500 minutes a month, with unlimited incoming, free nights/weekends starting at 7P.M., unlimited texting, and nationwide walkie talkie service.

On my November bill, I wasn't charged for any calls made after 7P.M. but on my December bill, I was. $134.55 worth of calls. I refuse to pay these fraudulent charges. I've contacted Nextel/Sprint, and informed them of this. I told them that I was informed that if they were to give me a credit of $134.55, THEN and only then would I allow them to change my plan again. At this time, I am sitting on hold for a supervisor. I'm going to request that the recording for the call made on October 27, 2007 be pulled and listened to. I know for a fact that I was told that my nights would start at 7P.M. because at the time, my five year old son was hospitalized and I used to call and speak with his doctors/nurses in the evenings after I got home from work and I didn't want outrageous phone bills for going over on my minutes. Nextel used to be decent. But ever since they merged with Sprint, they suck and their customer service department is the worst of them.

Resolved Nextel / SprintCheating customers together!

I closed my Nextel account in December 2006 and paid my last bill with the understanding there would be a credit on my next statement.

I was informed I would receive a check for $40.60 I waited as asked until my next statement date January 15 and found the Total Credit Balance of $-40.60 I called to confirm a check would be sent and was told it was sent. This is where the deception on there part started the request was denied and they don’t tell you! No check came and after hours on the phone over several different days they again made me wait until the next bill cycle. February 15 nearly two months after I closed my account I receive an invoice showing my balance as $0.00 I called customer service and asked to be shown where my $40.60 went and I got the run around talking with nearly every office of Nextel in two different country’s. They feel justified to take my money because I stopped using there service. Well I hope they use it well, it’s the last dime I will give to Sprint together with Nextel. Or any company that supports there company.

Jacqueline Sayyah Oct 03, 2007

Nextel-Sprint is a big scam of a company. I cancelled my service and paid my account in full. I returned a phone I had purchased from them via fed-ex. They told me to wait 2 billing cycles to get the money refunded back to my account. I had contacted them and gave them the tracking number for the phone I had returned, about two weeks after I had sent it back. They informed me that they had received the phone but that it would take another billing cycle before they would send me a refund check for the phone. Two months later, I call back to inquire about the status of the refund check. They have the nerve to tell me that they never received the phone I sent back and that they have no record of the tracking number I gave them.

Basically, they are now telling me that they can't send me a refund since they have no record of me sending the phone back. Also, I was told that they don't record all phone conversations that take place between the customer and cutomer service rep. Maybe it was my mistake for throwing away the tracking number. But I figured that since they initially told me that they received the phone, then I should trust them.
    Anyone out there even thinking remotely about joining Nextel-Sprint, please don't. They have deceptive customer service reps and the entire company is a big sham!!

• Ta
    Tasha Murphy Nov 06, 2007

Same situation with me I was billed for an extra $143.00 and NO one @ Nextel could give me an explanation why I owe this money so my Father paid it in full then Nextel billed us for $1.00. I still want my 143.00 I paid my Father back for paying Nextel.

So frustrated and I am not rich to give money like that away. B/C I wanted to close my account and my contract was up.

• Wi
    William Hicks Jan 30, 2008

This is what I sent to Nextel today:

Why does Nextel scam its customers? I was sold another line and another phone and changed my plan according to a nextel sales person's recommendation and informed at the time of the sales call (made TO me) that I would get a 50 dollar rebate on the phone (i265). I sent in the paperwork on time but it was denied nonetheless. Apparently, and I called him on this just to clarify at the time of said sales call, and although he reasured me everything was in order, the sales person lied. I will never speak highly of nextel or sprint again. In fact, as soon as my contract is up, I am gone. In fact, I will be looking into how to break your contract in much the same way you s!#t on me and mine. Good job treating a faithful, reliable customer so well! Come to think of it, you probably hardly even care. Hell, you are just a machine, and I am just another number in a cell phone universe of millions, billions and beyond. Whatever.

• Le
    Leish Mason Nov 23, 2008

yeah same with me on the internet and on my phone it says i never went over my spending limit and there it was 288.99 dollars and they had no proof that i had spent or bought anything
    they just said i had to pay it or my phone would be cut of so i had no choice but if someone is looking for a good phone company sprint is the wrong way to go they cheat people out there money.!

• Re
    Rene123 Jul 18, 2009

I have a plan with Sprint which is 300 anytime minutes and unlimited mobile to mobile, I have been with Sprint for so many years. I always check my anytime minutes and make sure I don't exceed my 300 anytime minutes and it has been that way for many years.

But lately, for the past 2 or 3 months, Sprint has been billing me in error for exceeding my 300 anytime minutes. So on the next bill cycle, which started on the 15th of the month, I deliberately did not use my phone for calling or receiving any other number so I can check if their system is accurate.

On the 17th, I checked my minutes used online and it shows that I used 176 anytime minutes already! Which is obviously wrong since I only used my phone for calling mobile to mobile. It's jacking up my bill for minutes I havent even used. I called the Customer Service once again and they said that there's nothing wrong with their system and they can not do anything.

• Li
    lifeseeker1 Dec 05, 2010

SPRINT ADDING "DATA CHARGES" .
    I purchased a plan with NO TEXT or INTERNET.
    Sprint acknowledges this.
    Sprint has added $75.00 to my phone bill for INTERNET USAGE.
    Apparently at 2:35 am, 3:15am on 1 day, & various times on other days while I'm asleep I wake up & use the internet on my phone, at least according to SPRINT that whats happens.
    They say, I never told them to disable the internet.
    Apparently saying I don't want internet or Text, was not enough.