New Lighting Direct Complaints & Reviews

New Lighting Directfailure to return money

Exterior light fittings ordered 15th September 2009 Full payment made when ordered. NFD could not supply I canceled the order and asked for my money back. NFD responded by e-mail saying that they had twice tried to pay the money into my account but had failed. I agreed to accept a cheque rather than a money transfer. The promised cheque never arrived. Contacted them several times after that chasing up the cheque unfortunately they no longer reply.

New Lighting DirectNon Receipt No Refund

I bought a light from New Lighting Direct back in September 09, i was told continuoulsy that the item was not in stock but would be in in 4 weeks, 4 weeks passed and i tried to contact them again, still no arrival in stock, i was told to wait another 4 weeks hence nothing arrived. I then told them to cancel my order and send me a refund. I was transferred to the refunds department who told me my payment would take 28 days to appear in my account. This has never arrived, i email them twice daily and not getting any reply at all. Complete and utter waste of time, dont think I will ever see my £175 that i spent. I think I may contact trading standards to see if they can help me.

McleanTaylor Mar 24, 2010

I have also parted with money to this company with no goods arriving. I have been unable to contact the company by phone and they have stopped respondingto my emails.

Cathy Taylor

McleanTaylor Mar 24, 2010

I have also parted with money to New Lighting Direct with no goods arriving. I have been unable to contact the company by phone and they have stopped respondingto my emails.

McleanTaylor Mar 24, 2010

I also parted with money to this company in January with no goods arriving. I have been unable to contact the company by phone and they have stopped responding to my emails.

• Ex
    examiner99 Mar 25, 2010

i am having exactly the same problem. i managed to speak with someone one week ago but still no joy of any kind. phone constantly engaged and no response to emails. i sense a company going down the pan. let's hurry them along...

• Ia
    Ian Watson Mar 26, 2010

I have also been caught for £215 and if you check their website they have ceased trading as of the 23/3/10.
    I paid by debit card so have no payment protection

• Sp
    Sparks01 Mar 30, 2010

I found out today that this company ceased trading on 23rd March 2010. what a bunch of thieves.

• Db
    D B Newman Sep 02, 2010

Rather foolishly seems I was the most recent victim of these frauds. Ordered 2 lamps on the 15/8 no reply, so I called and experienced the same answerphone directing me to an email account which was blocked.

How on earth is that feckin website still up!?!??! This has been going on nearly a year from what I read today? Could kick myself.

Have reported it to the Trade Commission and I would also suggest everyone write a letter to Watchdog or similar... this is right up their alley.

Come on Paypal, come through for me now...!

DN

Jackie S Murray Jan 05, 2011

I have had a part time job offer today - a spam e-mail probably trying to scam me for money I guess

New Lighting DirectNon Delivery/Refund

I ordered goods from these people two weeks before Christmas. There was no suggestion that goods were not in stock. I chased non delivery after Christmas to be told that the manufacturer would supply once they got back into production in the New Year. The promised delivery date came and went. I complained again and they appologised for the delay. After 7 weeks I cancelled the order. Payment was taken on the day of the order despite the fact they must have known they had no prospect of early delivery. On cancellation I was directed to their refunds policy that said refunds could take up to 28 days. Naively thinking this was a clear cut case, no goods or services were supplied and they managed to take the money from my credit card immedaitely I assume that credit would be given an a few days. Oh no, 3 weeks later no sign of the credit being given. This is the worst customer service I have experienced from a web retailer. It will be interesting to see if the refund is every forth coming. Do yourselves a favour and go to one of the other on line retailers. These guys hold their cusotmers in contempt. you have been warned!

New Lighting Direct — False Advertising

I am currently having major problems with this company who took my money up front then delivered the item...