Nationwide Tax Relief Complaints & Reviews

Nationwide Tax ReliefOVERPRICING

I started with NTR in November 2008 when I received a tax bill from the goverment for over $500, 000 (I didn't file taxes between [protected]). I called NTR after hearing an ad on the radio and was promised that they were full service, that they would do my tax returns and also negotiate with the government since I'm not in the position to pay a $500, 000+ tax bill. I signed up (they charged me $21, 600) and everything started out okay. Over the course of three months I delt with at least six different people contacting me for information and never was provided information on who did what. Why I'm unhappy is I received a letter saying that my case would be closed unless I spent another $2, 160 to reopen because I had not provided all the information they requested. What really upset me is that the letter was mailed days after I emailed asking if they needed any other info from me(the tax returns were done and had recently been mailed to the IRS in early March). The person who sent me the letter (Matthew Austin) who is the person I originally asked if everything was submitted claimed the letter was sent by another person (Paul Bartley) but when I pulled up the letter it was signed by Matthew who had told me everything was submitted and we just need to wait to hear from the IRS. Very confusing! Well, in late April I got letters from the IRS saying that I owed even more than before because of an audit which has made me scared. I emailed the owner of Nationwide Tax Relief (Richard Boggs, who is the person I originally signed up through) twice over the past week and have received no response. This company makes money from passing people around to different 'tax advisors' or 'assistance to tax advisors' so that you get confused and then they close your case and try to get more money from you to reopen. I was hopeful that they were a legitimate company that would help me out of my situation but now I can see they were just a company that takes money, asks for more, and doesn't really help solve anything. I would stay away from them and go to a tax professional in your community. I am still trying to contact people there who will explain where I'm at and what can be done but so far I have not heard back so I will most likely end up needing to go to a CPA or tax lawyer to get this mess straightened out. Stay tuned and I will update...

Comment Guidelines