MWAYTS Complaints & Reviews

MWAYTSUNAUTHORISED CHARGES

Charges on my telstra bill from this company all I want to do is unsubscribe so I do not recieve any more charges. Telstra who are charging me saying the are only passing on charges from a third party are unable to give me a bloody phone number so I can unsubscribe.

Jane C Curtis Aug 03, 2011

I too am trying to find out how to cancel this on my son's phone who has over $100 billed to his phone account.
    Did call the number on the bill for SYBASE 1300 661 263 but they sounded as bogus as the charges.
    On the phone to Telstra now

Jane C Curtis Aug 03, 2011

Telstra have put a block on this service but I still have to pay the charges.

Jane C Curtis Aug 04, 2011

Further info:
    It is not enough to block this service through Telstra. You must call the number listed on your bill as the "provider" and tell them you want to lodge a complaint, amazingly they will then give you the right number to call in Australia. Call and request that the service be stopped. If the charges were made on the phone of an child under 18, by law they have to give you a refund. Hope this helps

• Sh
    shenotorious Aug 14, 2012

Australian Provider number on my bill

1300 661 263

MWAYTSMOBILE PHONE CHARGES

On the 9th Jan I took an IQ test advertised on FACEBOOK & was told to enter my mobile phone no. for the results to be sent to. Over the preceding weeks I was sent txt messages containing IQ test questions which I ignored and deleted. Finally I replied to a text with the word STOP. Unfortunately, I had alredy been charged $30.50 in charges being $4.50 per text.

Sally B Jan 11, 2009

I have received charges on my mobile telephone account for items that I have not purchased. Please everyone, beware!

• Fr
    FraudInvest Feb 22, 2009

Ha ha ha. I will give you your results...your IQ is 30 (mentally ###ed).

Seriously, who falls for this?

• We
    Welsh Dog Feb 24, 2009

I've been using computers for 30 years and *I* nearly fell for it the other day. Sometimes things aren't always as clear cut as they seem.

Whether you like it or not it is *still* a scam... !!!

• Si
    simon burns Mar 25, 2011

Multiple entries on mobile phone bill from sms received. Total cost $175 over 3 months as separate purchases

MWAYTS — Unauthorized billing!

I have had over $55.00 worth of unauthorized 'items' from MWAYTS which I never purchased - I paid...

MWAYTSDeceptive business practices

I've received text messages from Mwayts through a service called 19745555MT in my Telstra mobile, which I didn't requested or authorized. The messages now have stop coming but there's still $120 worth of messages that I'd like to be refunded. I've called the number they provide and it's impossible to talk to anyone, there's just a message saying all operators are busy! As if! Who's gonna pay me back now?? Can anyone help me finding a proper number that I can talk to someone and get my money back?

• Wi
    Winnie Diu Apr 10, 2008

My daughter received text messages from Mwayts through a service called 19745555MT in her Telstra mobile which was registered under my name, and which she and I didn't requested or authorized. The messages now have stop coming as my daughter see the charge on our Telstra bill and rang up to stop the message but there's still $39.63 worth of messages that I'd like to be refunded. My daughter need to work over 3 hours part time to earn this monies. As if! Who's gonna pay her back now?? Can anyone help me finding a proper number that I can talk to someone and get her money back?

• Gf
    GF Jul 30, 2008

This has happened to me also and I think it is disgusting that it may be allowed to continue.

I have done some digging around and the company name responsible for this is SYBASE 365 PTY LIMITED

It's a SCAM. A subsidiary company run by Sybase Australia Pty Ltd, who refuse to claim any responsibility for the unauthorized charged inflicted upon you . However I advise you contact them direct and let them face the wrath of angry consumers whom they have ripped off. Their number is 9936 8800 and they are in North Sydney.

MWAYTSUnauthorized charges on my mobile phone!

When I started a plan with Telstra, MWAYTS kept sending me these messages that I didn't know anything about. It's caller "Flirt Club". I deleted them, but when I got the bill from Telstra, it cost me $99.00 a month, even though I put a stop on it. Rang Telstra, and they said, I will stll get charged, even if I put a stop on it, unless Telstra put a bar on my phone. Now, I've got another bill from Telstra, and it's even worse. I'm going to switch on to Vodafone, which I was before, and I had no problem with pre-paid at all., until my partner talked me into it, to switch to Telstra which is my big mistake.

Beware!

• Je
    Jerzy Zybura Oct 05, 2007

Sir
    it looks like the : au.celldorado.com or associates have crooked me out of my prepaid amount on my cell.phone.
    yesturday the ballance was 12$ -today 50centts (no phone calls made)
    -I have received an sms from the au.celldorado.com saying that I have subscribed to some ring phone service!
    regards
    Jerzy Zybura

• Je
    Jerzy Zybura Oct 05, 2007

-my phne nr.: 0408542069 with Telstra

• Fe
    Fernando Ghelfi Nov 18, 2007

I have had the same problem being a Telstra customer. I've received text messages from Mwats through a service called 19745555MT, which I didn't requested or authorized. The messages now have stop coming but there's still $120 worth of messages that I'd like to be refunded. I've called the number they provide and it's impossible to talk to anyone, there's just a message saying all operators are busy! As if! Who's gonna pay me back now?? Can anyone help me finding a proper number that I can talk to someone and get my money back??

Regards,

Fernando.

• St
    Stephen Reid Jul 23, 2008

Celldarado have been messing with me too. Sending me txt's that I was deleting cause I didn't have time to read junk txt's. But when my next bill came I was suprised to see they have charged me $4.50 per txt.
    I found out what was going on through vodafone, they gave me celldorado's number which I called. They said I had subscribed on line. I checked out the website that I had never seen before. Celldorado have not been at all responsive to my problem and they are obviously a scam. I don't want to pay them for what I never subscribed to and want to sort this out. If anybody knows who I could contact about this problem I would love to sort it out. My bill to them will be around $50, they've wasted my time $$$ and time and obviously many other peoples.

MWAYTSDon't use MWAYTS [protected] MT!

3 months ago I purchased 1 game from MWAYTS, I read the fine print sent STOP after receiving game, only to be charged 4 more times $20 later. Rang Telstra they told me that sending Stop is not as affective as sending Unsubscribe, so did that. Received text from MWAYTS stating I had been Unsubscribed. All over NOTTTTTT! Next bill from Telstra same thing. Contacted Telstra they put a bar on Texts, which I thought I already had? they refunded me $25, I sent 3 more STOPS to you it guessed MWAYTS. Have now switched off phone for a month to see what happens on the next bill. Please don't use these bogus sights. I did this in good faith. I was happy to pay $6.50 for 1 game, Not $20 a month for the next 3 months later. Do yourself a favor don't give into your kids. Don't use MWAYTS [protected] MT.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices