Movemeant Sales, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Movemeant Sales, Inc.Filing lawsuit and formal complaint!

I too fell for the same scam as myself. I too have called several times and have gotten the run around. I recently involved the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and movement sales responded that they would send me a refund, but not to my surprise i still have not received one. My principles are high and I intend on writing the attorney General and having my lawyer try and contact them, simply on principal! I called them again and they told me that the company's processing center went bankrupt, and they no longer could give refunds. But I spoke with my family lawyer who stated that as long as the company itself didn't go bankrupt they must honor their refund or fulfill their contract. Anyways to make a long story short, if you too have been scammed PLEASE send me your name and address and email or contact information so i could compile a large list of people who have also been scammed. Who knows you may get your money back in the end (this could become a fairly large lawsuit) anyways email me back if you would like and if not stay away from door to door magazine salesman :)

Sincerely,
Trupti Patel
[protected]@yahoo.com

John Roberts Aug 14, 2007

I ordered from these people several years ago and eventually received my magazines after making inquiries. They sell such long subscriptions that when they stopped by yesterday, I asked if I could simply donate money. Of course, you have to buy subscriptions anyway.

Let me know how this goes. The sales reps were confused as to how much of the sell they earned. I suspect that they are in part victims of the whole thing as well.

J Roberts
    [email protected]

Mark C Dec 11, 2007

I just ordered a subscription, too in Dec. 7, 2007. I found the MSI website at Movemeantsales.com and the American Cash Awards site at americancashawards.com. I called MSI at 1-888-888-9025 and spoke to Lauren who explained that MSI had problems in the past but is now being run, in part, by American Cash Awards and that it is legit. I sure hope I receive my magazine. The guy selling me the magazine was clueless and I agree that they are just being used and likely don't know if this is really a scam. I'm not sure yet, either.

Movemeant Sales, Inc.Never received Magazine!

January 31st a sales man came to our door to sell us a subscription for magazines. My husband really wanted one, but the salesman told us, we would have to get at least 3 subscriptions. So we did. I waited until June, no magazines, I called the company, left a message, the next day somebody called back and apologized and they would send us the July issue. Well it's almost the end of July and I still haven't seen any of those 3 magazines. I will call again, but when I read the other complaints I have not a lot of hope that I will ever see these magazines! I know what to do next time if a salesman knocks on my door!

Movemeant Sales, Inc.Pushy untruthful salesman

Last night, a young man came to the door with the same approach mentioned in other complaints. After the amounts of the magazines kept going up, I finally told him the amount I was willing to spend on magazines. He quickly drafted the sales agreement and asked for a check in that amount I agreed to spend (imagine that!)

Afterwards, he asked if my supper was done. He said that it smelled good. I told him it wasn't done. He saw a bag of chips on the counter and asked if he could have a bag of chips, too. That interaction left me feeling uncomfortable, so I "Googled" the company to find the complaints on this site. I called the company to ask about the refund policy and was told different information from the policy stated on the back of the receipt. I intend to cancel the magazines and stop payment on my check.

It's too bad- as I really liked the concept.

• Lo
    Louis Taylor Dec 18, 2006

I ordered three subscriptions in September 2006. I called the company on March 7, 2006 and was told that the subscriptions would begin shortly. They never arrived. When the sales people, who say they are trying to better themselves, come around just say no!

• Mi
    Michelle Jan 30, 2007

Movemeant Sales Inc. La Porte Indiana

This is a company that sells magazines through door to door salesmen that are 'trying to better their situation'. I ordered a two year subscription through one of these door to door salesmen (at a higher price than what you can get through the magazine itself) but because this company 'helps' those inner-city individuals who are trying to improve their lives I thought it was worth the higher price. I had ordered my magazine on October 13 with full payment. The delivery time was suppose to be two months. When my magazine hadn't shown up 3 1/5 months later I called their office. I was told that they would look into why I hadn't received my magazine yet and they would call me back. I did not receive a call back but a letter a couple weeks later informing me that my magazine is no longer available. I was suppose to select another magazine at the same price from an attachment that listed available magazines. Funny thing is that my magazine was listed on the attachment.

I called the company to inform them of my new magazine choice. The individual that answered the phone informed me that I need to send them a letter requesting my new magazine. After that letter was received it would take another 6 weeks for my magazine to arrive. I asked if I could just get my money back instead. In order to do that I would have to send a letter a copy of the order and proof that the check had cleared. They would issue a company refund check sometime after that. She wasn't sure about the turn around time.

So, they have had my money for 5 months and I don't have a magazine and I don't know when I would get a refund.

Be very cautious about ordering.

• Da
    David Penso Mar 03, 2007

I had a bad experience with Movemeant Sales. Two representatives pesterred me into buying magazines and I told them that I couldn't afford them. They wouldn't back off.

Movemeant Sales is a an organization that is bad news. They are to be avoided.

If people approach your home claiming to be from a charity or non-profit organization, just tell them to leave or you will call the police.

• Yo
    YOLANDA PEREZ Jul 03, 2007

I used to work with them the bosses of the crew don't like to see couples together if a girl gets pregnant on the they fire the girl and keep the man and he finds a new girl friend and then denies his daughter you only get paid 35.00 every week depending on how much you sell.

• Yo
    YOLANDA PEREZ Jul 04, 2007

### movemeant sales

• Wf
    WFGGW Feb 28, 2008

Movemeant Sales Enterprises is Not a scam I have backed tham up for almost 10 years straight now and I have seen what they do for innercity young people. I found it to be true that this company/organization to be more effective at providing jobs and equal oppertunities around the country than any church or nonprofit org.I have been to the seminars that they have for the next generation and to me the biggest way to make a difference in lives is to be there for the lives and we all could agree that most of us can not give them 24/7 like the aspiring mentors of movemeant sales are. I see the complaints but to every great company has its dishonest employees including my firm so before judging this company ask yourself can you honestly say that everyone that youwork with or who works for you is honest? If your answer is yes then God must be the only one who you work with or works for you.

Marcy Jun 20, 2008

I used to work for Movemeant sales all these complaints are because of dishonest sales pople not the company. I heard of this company through an old friend of mine. It really changed her life she dressed talked and was just a totally different person and had left the street life behind. It really wasn't the best job I have ever had but I tell you what it really changed my life. I learned how to speak to professionals, set goals for myself, and learned that if I really want to make a change in my life that it is upto me. I used to be into the club scene I didn't have a job or any goals and i was living in a roach motel. Now I work for a publisher and I sell ads for yellow pages and get sponsers for a childrens news paper in california. The experience and work ethic that i learned from this company is priceless! This company changed my life and so did all those people that bought from me, and I wouldn't be the person i am today if it weren't for Robert Jackson, and his Movemeant!

Movemeant Sales, Inc.Fictitious magazine Sales

I had a young man come to my door saying he was not asking for donations but just trying to earn points to win a scholarship for his 1 month old daughter who was in the hospital. Said I could help him by buying magazines. I spoke with other neighbors and friends who said he had different stories. He asked me to make comments about his presentation and that I would receive a call in 3 days to confirm the order. The more I recalled his story the more fictitious it seemed. I will stop payment on my check tomorrow.

Movemeant Sales, Inc.Door to door magazine subscription sales is scam!

Leslie Halberg
23014 Weymouth Pl.
Valencia, CA 91354

Movemeant Sales, Inc.
208 Pine Lake Ave.
La Porte, IN 46350

Re: Movemeant Sales, Inc.

I have not yet received my magazines. I ordered them from a very nice young lady, Jamlil Komer, who had a good story to go with her pitch. I hope she was paid well. I would like to believe that I will receive “Wired”, “Metropolitan Home” and “Bon Appetit”, none of which has gone out of business.

My order number was 128334. My order date was 1/15/07. The total, complete with process and handling fee was $89.00. If the magazines do not show up, I will expect that amount in the mail in two weeks. I am reasonably sure that a class action suit could be brought against your company, or the principals, since other dissatisfied customers are apparently easy to find.

If you wish to contact me you may do so by mail or at [protected]@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
Leslie A. Halberg.

• Ka
    Karin Wright May 31, 2007

I am interested to know if anyone has found a way to get their money back from these crooks. I purchased a subscription in Jan. 06 (been busy with babies the past years) and hadn't gotten around to following through. Never received a single issue, and the mag (espn) said they had no record of our account at all.

April w/move meant sales leave me a message (they DID actually call me back!) saying the address had been sent to the magazine incorrectly. I am on board if there's any group effort to take these snakes down.

Karin Wright,
    Vista California

Movemeant Sales, Inc.The magazine was never delivered

I bought a magazine subscription through this company. The magazine was never delivered. When I called the company, they told me that I could get my money back if I sent in a copy of the cancelled check and my receipt which I did. The magazine I had ordered apparently had gone out of business.

To this date, I have not received my refund. I call them every week and they say the same thing over and over such as: "Your refund will be mailed this week, so you should get it next week". Every single time, they have told me a falsehood. It has been six weeks, no refund.

Personally, I will never again do business with Movemeant Sales, Inc.

Mary

Company details:

Movemeant Sales, Inc.,
La Porte, IN

• Cy
    Cynthia Morton Jan 28, 2007

I also ordered from a young man saying that he was trying to better him self and was selling magazines through Movement Sales, Inc. I never received my magazine or refund. This company is a scam. Do not buy from them.

• El
    Elvira Rondas Feb 22, 2007

I ordered two magazine subscriptions in Oct 2006 and have yet to receive them!

• De
    Deborah Parsons May 04, 2007

I too ordered magazine subscription from Movement Sales, last August !! They are uncaring, rude, and a total scam. I have made many phone calls and sent a letter as per their instruction. Still have not received a magazine or my money. I contacted BBB, IN. They have advised me to contact the Attorney General. Maybe we should all contact them and flood them with our complaints.

DO NOT BUY - A TOTAL SCAM COMPANY !!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices