Ministry of External Affairs Complaints & Reviews

Ministry of External Affairs Delay in getting passport as no hard copy of police verification report is available

Respected Sir/Madam, I had applied for passport in Kolkata PSK in the month of June 2015. My appointment was on 8/6/2015. I had the police verification done at my local police station in end on June. I was born in B.K. Hospital, N.I.T., Faridabad, Haryana. So the police sent an adverse report for my application as they were unable to verify my place of birth. I visited the passport office in Kolkata and a new police verification request was initiated in the S.G.M. Nagar Police Station, N.I.T. Faridabad on 20th August 2015. The police verified my place of birth and the report was sent to Delhi Passport Office, to be forwarded to Kolkata Passport Office, on 8th September 2015. But there was no news of any progress of my passport application till next 20 days. So on 29th September 2015 I visited the Passport Office in Kolkata and I was told they have sent an online report for my application but no hard copy has reached them. They said that without the hard copy of report they cannot process my application any further. It has already been a month and no hard copy has reached the passport office. I am in urgent need of passport. I request you to please look into this matter so that I can get my passport as soon as possible. Thank you Name:Riya Raha File no. CA2068581332515 dated 8/6/2015

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Ministry of External Affairs Passport delay

Dear Sir,

My Wife viz. Meenakshi Gandotra has submitted application for passport in the month of 27th September 2010. After that she has been asked about date of birth certificate proof DOB [protected]) as per following queries from Ministry given below :

Please furnish attested copy of 10th/12th certificate for clarification of date of birth.
    Please contact PRO/Superintendent on any working day except Wednesday between 10.00 a.m. and 12.30 p.m.
    Since she has lost the date of birth certificate and submitted the NLC report from Police Station of Shalimar Bagh, Delhi in original in the office of Bhikaji Cama Place Passport Office. Since then the status remain same as above as it has been submitted in the month of 1st week of January 2011.
    Kindly do the needful at the earliest or inform us what other documents required.
    Meenakshi Gandotra
    W/o Sunil Kumar Gandotra
    R/o BH – 429 EAST SHALIMAR BAGH
    DELHI 110 088

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
      • Su
        sunilgandotra Apr 23, 2011

What is the remedy...Why are so delays in passport department, is there anyone who listens our repeated requests

• Ra
        Rathina Apr 19, 2011

Personal Particulars form - File Reference Number: A02478509 - Application Date: 30/12/09 - Applicant's Name: VIDJEALATCHOUMY - Applicant's Gender: Female - Place of Birth: PONDICHERRY - Applicant's Date of Birth: 12/10/76.
        -----
        It has been ONE YEAR and FOUR MONTHS (i.e. 476 days from the date of application) when I applied for passport in Dec'09 but till so far we have not received my passport. Reference to the application for fresh passport for my wife, Vidjealatchoumy vide File Reference No. A02478509 dated 30th December 2009. I would like to submit the true facts for your kind consideration and necessary action. With reference to the online Passport status, She was asked to resubmit the Proof of address.

Police verification was done on 06/Feb/2010, 20/Feb/2010 and on 21/Feb/2010. Reverification was done on 08/June/2010 and 10/June/2010 due to address proof. As per Madiwala Police record the final report was send to Commissioner office on 17/June/2010. I personnally verified on 18/June/2010 at Madiwala PS through Mr. Eswarappa Ruli and Mr Basha.

I have posted a letter on 14/May/2010 with all copies of necessary address proofs and 3 PP Form. She has also approached Superintendent (Enquiry) on 31/May/2010 but not success. Subsequently, the Office of the RPO, Bangalore vide their letter dated 31/May/2010 requested for personal particulars form, which was submitted to the PRO personally on 01/July/2010. Once again She approached RPO, Bangalore on 12/July/2010, as per the email reply from Mr. Jayaram, ACP Madivala Sub Division Office, stated with Police Commissioner office Sl. No. 19 and G.R. No. 230/10 (Good Report Number) dt. 22/6/2010, but enquiry office does not allowed us to meet Passport Officer. On the other hand Pondicherry Regional Passport Office, verified parament address proof on 11/June/2010. And everytime we've approached we've been asked to submit address proof and a letter from local bank (as address proof) again. On 30/March 2011, I have submitted all copies of proof and paid Rs. 5, 000/-- and received a receipt from RPO, Bangalore. Its now ONE YEAR and FOUR MONTHS (i.e. 476 days from the date of application). I have no idea how long it is going to take.

Could you possibly assist, and if so, could you explain what I am possibly doing wrong, If so, please escalate this request to appropriate person. Kindly help us in getting a passport for her at the earliest and please feel free to contact me on [protected].

Sabapathy

• Dh
        Dhansukh B. Patel May 16, 2007

My wife had applied for passport in thane office on 22nd of Feb, 2007. She waited for one month for police verification and finally on 4th april she visited local police station and had her verification. But the police report was received by passport office on 22nd april. She would visit the thane office for follow up once in the week. Noe the status is the passport is ready, and she has been given the passport number. But since the superintendent is on leave, there is nobody to sign the passport and even the PRO is unaware went the superintendent is arriving. It means there is careless people employed in public services offices and the ministry of external affairs is aware of it.

Also my wife requested PRO that she require passport urgently since, during the summer vacation she along with our daughter can come to dubai, but the PRO start asking for visa copy. It seems that government offices have employed Illiterate people on the higher post. Does he not understand that Visa are issued only when passport is available.