Mike Thompson RV Complaints & Reviews

Mike Thompson RVAvoid

I was a sales rep for Mike Thompsons for 2 years. A "frien" of mine was a Manager there at the time assuring me that they weren't the "used car" type of place. RIGHT!

Sales reps there get paid off the PROFIT of the sale. But while the rep does a good job holding the price, management is asking us to lie to the customer, changing the unit we can sell to one with more "gross" in it (profit). And their service dept, is not only slooooooow, but wormanship seemed to be non-existant and expensive. I (my profit) was charged $2, 500 to remove a table and replace it! $250 to buy and install an under the counter Coffee Pot!!!

What are they thinking??? After 2 years of trying to change the ethics from the inside, I left. Unfortunatly, 1/2 of the lying sales reps & managers left and went to Giant... the other half stayed.

Good luck to you if you're shopping for an RV. Just avoid Mike Thompsons at all cost.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Mike Thompson RVTerrible service

Review of Mike Thompson’s RV Super Center

On 9/12/2009 I bought a 2010 Fleetwood Quest from Mike Thompson’s. The salesman “Chris” and I looked it over and I noticed a few things that were wrong with it. Back Up camera not working, Screws missing from trim. I was told to return in one week to pick it up and everything would be repaired. The service department would go over the motor home and make sure it was all ready to go. Well I came back in a week and nothing was done at all! When the person gave me the walk through we found other things that were not right. So I was promised if I brought it back on the 25th the repairs would be made. So I drove 50 miles back down to Mike Thompson’s and once again they could not do anything. The service writers are terrible. All they want you to do is come back. They say we have to order parts. So two weeks go by and I call them. This is what they tell me this time, I have a lot of work to do and will get back to you. So I call Fleetwood customer service. I fine out nothing has been ordered. So I have Fleetwood call Mike Thompson’s and find out what is going on. Well now the Server is down at Fleetwood so parts can’t be ordered until the next day. So I get a call from Mike Thompson’s the next day and am told everything is on order. Now its 10/30/2009 and I call to find out what the progress is on the parts. Nothing has been done about the back up camera. Only the 2 minor parts were ordered to fix the bed. The main Board for the bed was never ordered. I was also told that when the parts do come in I would have to leave the motor home for 2 Weeks. The job at most would take an hour. Take out 25 1 inch screws and install 25 I inch screws. Don’t say much about their service. I repaired the fresh water door lock myself so I could remove the duct tape holding it closed. I am really sorry I had anything to do with Mike Thompson’s RV Super Store! I even had problems with the sales contract being filled out. The 1st payment was due the day I bought it. Of course I did not know this until the finance company called and said I was 10 days late on the payment. I did not have a payment book, address or anything to even know where to send the payment. Mike Thompson’s RV Super Centers are to be avoided !!! Sales terrible, Service even worse.

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
      • Do
        Don Creason Jan 28, 2016

Mike Thompson's Rv should be avoided at all cost.I would never buy anything from this company. I bought a 1915 travel trailer from them 5 months ago and still have not had all the repairs completed. Holes in roof, water leaks electrical problems and wall paper replaced that does not match the rest of the room their answer deal with it. They want the customer to call and deal with the factory and the factory tells you they can't help you you should deal with the dealer. Again stay away and I don't care if you have to spend a little more somewhere else trust me it is the best money you will ever spend.

• Ke
        Keith_S Jul 27, 2011

Different details; different location; but Mike Thompsons Fountain Valley location seems to be on exactly the same page. Now that I'm out of standard warrantee, there's no way I'll be returning there.

• Sr