Midwest Center Complaints & Reviews

Midwest CenterFraud

I ordered the info for my husband. I got the material for $9.95 and realized it was all things that were common sense and the CDs didn't help. I called about sending them back and the lady said yes you have 2 weeks to get the CDs back. I sent them that day and one month later I am charged $66.50 for being 4 days late. I am on disability and this type of charge really hurts me financially. I have had a stroke and I was so upset today, I was afraid I was going to have another one. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, other than turn it over to the better business bureau and my bank. One thing is for sure, this company will cause u to have anxiety

Midwest CenterAnxiety & Stress program

I also was duped into requesting a 'free CD' from Midwest Center for my mild anxiety and stress. I called to accept a CD, paid $15 S&H for it. $15 for a free CD. Hmmm. I realize now that the $15 charge is to the S&H for them to send you the complete program. I know because I paid that much to send their full program back.

The CSR rattled off the terms & agreement, though I re-instated to him that I'd only pay $15 for the CD and decide if I wanted to continue. However, 2 weeks later I received the entire program minus the 'free CD'. I called them, got a Return Authorization and mailed it back to them the day after I received it. I had to pay my own Shipping & Handling for this 'free CD' and saved the tracking information since I'm anticipating problems from this company from what I've read.

Coincidently, I just closed the bank account I provided to Midwest Center (for other reasons) so they won't be getting another cent from me. I noticed also on the bill that they charged me $100 more for the complete program than I agreed to by phone.

The program might be helpful but when the price is outrageous, it's no longer helpful. This product is waaayy overpriced.

• Ho
    hopejen Jul 23, 2014

Midwest Center advertises by infomercial as a place to get help for anxiety and depression. I called on July 12, 2017 for the Free CD that explains the program. By July 23rd, I still had not received the CD, so I called back. I was on hold for a couple of minutes, then it went to one of their staff who obviously didn't know I had popped on her line. She said "AHHHHHH, I'm so sick of these calls!!" then there was silence. I said "Hello?" and she hung up. WOW. I really don't think they can help anyone!!!

Midwest CenterNot honoring request for return!

I ordered CD's with an understanding that I had a trial period to evaluate their product. I called within the trial period to return the product. The lady I spoke with was very manipulative and talked me into an additional 7 days to evaluate the product. On the 7th day, I called to cancel as I was no more impressed than I had been 7 days earlier. Their office was closed so I emailed them. When I called the next business day I was told they hadn't gotten my email and that I couldn't return the product; but they would give me $100 discount. Their product isn't worth $1 let alone $500.

• Br
    BrendaC Jan 28, 2009

I agree - this product is a scam. As well, they have no record of my payment and then sent it to a collection agency - Fidelity Information Corporation. Again, this company said they had no record of my payment. I have since forward a copy of cashed cheque by FIC.

Buyer Beware! Never again. I recommend not dealing with Midwest Center at all!

Mark Risley Apr 26, 2011

Stay away, trust the comments of the other people that have taken the time to post for you!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices