Midwest Auction Galleries, Inc Complaints & Reviews

Midwest Auction Galleries, Incunprofessional company

The item came up for sale at auction and I was the high bidder. I even received the invoice days later, then they decided not to sell and fabricated a story that there was a mistake and someone on the floor was the high bidder. What a fake! I bid on the same item item months before and even though I bid 3 times higher, they still faked a "floor bidder". If they do not want to sell, get out of the business, instead of faking stories!

• You still insist that we are scamming you. We told you it was a phone bidder which it was. You threatened legal action and never followed through. Had you, you would have seen who the item went to by us having to provide the information. Nobody ever told you a fake story.

• Di
    Diane An Artist Jun 25, 2009

They just bounced two checks on me from sales of my goods and refuse to account for other goods entrusted to them. The bounced checks totaled more than $3000. I have been corresponding with the Michigan Attorney General's Office for three months aobut this company's pracitices and evasiveness. My experience is that they stopped responding to e-mails and phone calls thus forcing me to seek relief from the Attorney General's Office. Stay away from these people.

Midwest Auction Galleries, IncReceived a heavily damaged car with a bad title!

I purchased this car based on the following descriptors in the eBay listing:

1. Written description stating that the car is an all original car in excellent condition. The only damage noted was the tear to the convertible top and some flaking paint.
2. His eBay photos showing a very nice car with no damage.
3. Clear title.

The problems that I have are:
1. The lower left front control arm shows recent heavy damage from having struck something.
2. The front end has been pulled out and all parts and trim between the fenders and forward of the engine ruined.
3. The right rear quarter panel is dented.
4. The title document is defective.

I had this car picked up and delivered to me by Intercity Lines. Prior to accepting this car Intercity did an intensive written inspection report of this car. In this report they describe the damage to the front end. They also make note the damage to the right rear quarter. The seller SIGNED this document ACKNOWLEDGING his UNDERSTANDING of this damage. If there is any doubt regarding validity of my copy, the original can be obtained from Intercity

Proofs showing this seller’s intentional deceptions:
1. His eBay photos clearly showing the car in good condition.
2. His written description.
3. The poor condition the car was in when received by me.
4. The Intercity document.
5. The title document.

During my conversations with Mr. Amato (seller) he indicated that he had attached a chain to the car and pulled the front end out. The Intercity driver was told the same thing. My body shop estimates labor at $2,700.00. Based on my extensive experience with Buicks I estimate parts at $2,825.00. In addition, I will spend between 6 months and 3 years trying to locate parts in good condition. No reproduction parts are made. All must be sourced from collectors, vendors, etc. I will probably spend 75-100 hours on this project. I am willing to fax any requested documentation to eBay.

My last conversation with Mr. Amato was on 12/29/07. At that time I told him that based on labor, parts, and my time that I would accept an $8,000.00 refund, he make the title good, and I keep the car. He told me that he would unwind the sale. That was the last that I heard from him. He has ignored over 40 phone calls, many emails, and two letters.

I bought this car to have a nice driver. I received a project that will take me many dollars and much time to restore to its original, described condition. I have been deceived and cheated. I also believe that supplying a defective title constitutes Internet Fraud and may also be a felony crime.

Please feel free to contact Mr. Amato at:

[protected]@prospectorpetes.com
Business phone: [protected]
Cell phone: [protected]

• So
    sorry Mar 17, 2008

I'm sorry you crossed paths with one of the biggest crooks/ scam artists in Lapeer County.He also runs a restaurant in Lapeer, 810-245-8630, 282 S. Main St. Lapeer, MI,48446. Good luck to you.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices