Midwest Air Care Complaints & Reviews

Midwest Air Carebad business

Had an appointment set up but after seeing that the BBB gave this company an "F" and reading all the complaints I decided to cancel. The receptionist told me I had to cancel through a manager. He couldn't believe I was cancelling and demanded to know why. Told me several times his guys were almost at my house and kept trying to talk me into having the service done, it was very desperate. I thought he would at least call them and tell them not to come but, nope! Two 20 something delinquents who reeked of cigarettes driving a small beat up truck with a shopvac in the back showed up anyway. I told them I would notbe having them clean my ducts, they said their boss never called. Do not do business with this company!!

Midwest Air CareWARNING - bad company!

Filed against :
Midwest Air Care
1187 West Kansas St.
Liberty MO 64068

Complaint Description:
I responded to a coupon in a newspaper insert for duct cleaning for $49.95. Upon arrival, was presented with a proposal for $1769.94 to do 'recommended treatment'. When I balked at the price, and expressed irritation that I was expecting to pay $49.95, the man (sort of like a car dealer) called 'his manager' and lowered the price twice. I finally agreed to just clean the ducts for $124.95. What they did was simply blow all of the dirt into the air. Ever since this "treatment" by Midwest Air Care, I've been sick. Dirt, dust, and debris was blown throughout the house, into beds, linens, carpets, furniture - everything. I will most likely spend hundreds cleaning all of the carpets and furniture. I called the company to inquire as to why they didn't 'capture' the dirt, but instead just blew it out into the environment. I also, earnestly trying to be helpful, suggested to the man that, when they print a coupon saying that your air ducts can be cleaned for $49.95, and then a sales rep presents a proposal for $1769.94, that 'bait and switch' is irritating and bad business. I furthermore suggested that, if NOT doing the 'recommended treatment' (for a whopping $1769.94) would actually make things worse, that it might be in customers best interest to decline the cheaper treatment. The man at Midwest Air Care said he was "really busy" and hung up on me.

Your Desired Resolution:
I'm simply trying to warn unsuspecting consumers of this REALLY bad company. I've been sick ever since they came into my home.

Midwest Air CareImpoperly Cleaning of Furnace Air Ducts

I hired Midwest Air Care to clean my Furnace Air Ducts, & in the process of blowing air down my west side cold air duct they cause a large cloud of dust to come up out of my south cold air vent, into my living room. The dust went through my whole house. One of the employees went out to their pick up truck & got their "shop Vacume" & was sucking the dust out of the air. They never even bothered to vacume the carpet in my living room. Now I have to have my carpet cleaned. They charged me $169.90. I called the company's office to complain & all they did was hang up on me. I had put the charge on my Discover Card, so I called them & told them not to pay the company because of the Lousy Service I got.I went down into my basement 3 days later to check the Furnace air Filter & found a large pile of Lint & Dust behind the filter. They tried to get me to let them do extra work on my air ducts totaling $1209.89 but I told the men NO! I had just put ot $1400 for a new Furnace so I wasn't about to spend $1209.89 to have my air ducts treated my a couple of lousy workmen. I also found an empty 1/2 pint Vodka bottle on my bath room floor after they left. But the man on the telephone told me that his worker don't drink on the job. But how would he know he wasn't with them when they came to my Home!

• Co
    Col Christopher Apr 24, 2009

As an outside mediation consultant, I investigated the above complaint. It turns out, that the customer, hung up on the office Manager. "No One" hung up on the customer. In addition, the two technicians were checked for any signs of alcohol use immediately after the job was done. There were no signs or evidence of said use. The technicians stated that they had found the bottle in one of the air vents, and placed the bottle on the floor. They failed to mention this to the customer.By the fact that customer hung on Manager, there was no opportunity to offer any resolution to his other complaint issues. It appears that the customer
    has exploited our American system to its fullest extent to receive his services for FREE. The company would have gladly made the necessary corrective measures if given the opportunity.

• Li
    linda May 18, 2009

wery bead company

• Ga
    Garold Jul 25, 2009

Advertises One Week Special Air Duct Cleaining valued at $219 for $59.95 - Looks for gullible housewives alone and fabricates story of dangerous Mold and Mildwew in Ducts - resulting in $1000 Charge - Rip off artists at their best. Husband comes home and discovers rip-off after the fact.

• So
    sons mom Aug 06, 2009

My son worked for Midwest air care and was promised 10.00 by his tech, the most he ever got paid was 250.oo dollars. He was fired, today he spoke to the tech and he told my son I was feeling sorry for you to offer you 100.00 dollars. Then he told my son, I will pay you when and if I get the money. me and my husband took our son to and from work just about every day, the owner needs to pay up.

• Li
    linda Aug 06, 2009

this company is a stillers companiy

• Bl
    blondy2689 Mar 05, 2010

he was promised 10 dollars and got 250 dollars? sounds like he made out like a bandit!!

JOSUA Dec 29, 2010

JUST DONT BELIEVE ABOUT THAT OFFER OF $49.95 BECAUSE ONCE THEY'RE IN YOU'RE HOUSE THE AMOUNT GOES HIGH, , AND EVEN LIED SAYING I GOT MOLD IN MY HOUSE !!! I CALL AN INSPECTOR TO CHECK FOR MOLD AND HE TOLD ME THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY HEAR THAT FROM THIS COMPANY, , THEY TRY TO GET MUCH MUCH MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET AND EVEN GET KIND OF MAD EVERY TIME I REFUSED FOR MORE SERVICES, , AND THEY GIVE ME ALOT OF DISCOUNTS AND BLA BLA TRYING TO CONVINCE ME BUT HELL NO !!! I GOT THE PAPER PROVING IT, , I JUST CALL FOR THE OFFER $49.95 AND THEY TRY TO GET $1300 BECAUSE OF THE ''MOLD'', , THATS [censor], , DONT TRUST THIS PEOPLE...

• Od
    odfran Jun 14, 2011

Same complaint as above. The did not clean what they said. I don't believe they cleaned all the vents. They have not answered any of my call.