Mailbox Magazines Complaints & Reviews

Mailbox MagazinesOvercharged for services

In October 2009 I completed payment for services I recieved from this company. They continued to charge me for the services I had already paid for and also another service I didn't authorize. I contacted them in Apr. 2010 and told them about being overcharged. I talked to Chastity, who said she was a customer service assistant manager, who told me to send my proof to them about being overcharged. I sent them the information when it became available to me to the address they provided. In August 2010, I had yet to receive any confirmation that this company recieved my documentation. What I did receive later that month was the returned package that I sent. The post office I contacted said it was never accepted or claimed by Mailbox Magazines. Now, five months later after leaving numerous messages for them to contact me asap, the number I have been calling doesn't even pick up. I don't know if it's out of order but there wasn't even a ringtone. I'm fed up with this outfit and I'm out over $400 from them overcharging me.

• On
    One of the Bunch Jan 11, 2011

Hey Overcharged For Services: I am going through the same thing, if you go to Mailbox Magazines, Tamarac, FL you will find endless complaints and people filing law suites against these women who are very good at getting your credit card number and then using it to line their pockets. They are frauds and very good rip off artist. They are using the the good name of O'Block Books " Mailbox Magazines" which is actually a childrens learning magazine. Unfortunately your package will never be picked up. These are scam artist and don't want to be seen, especially at the post office. Good Luck. One of the Bunch..

• Sh
    shopper741 Jan 18, 2011

I had no problem canceling my account.

Mailbox MagazinesFraud

Mailbox Magazines is a telemarketing company who sells magazines. They hook customers by saying that they will be entered into the "Publishers Sweepstakes" which is misunderstood as the well known "Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes" which is a totally separate contest, they are not affiliated at all. I have tried to contact Mailbox Magazines several times to cancel my subscriptions but have not been successful. It is almost like they "lock" you into it. I have refused payment and have contacted the magazine companies individually to cancel my subscriptions. What else can I do?

• Valerie Nov 04, 2008

Receive a call saying I won a free diamond watch with a subscription to 3 magazines. After, I got the bill and said I would be charged $59.80 for the next 15 months. This is almost four times the amount of the magazines cover price.

When tried to call they said I could not cancel.

• Ac
    ACos Jan 29, 2009

Hey, I had the exact same bs happen to me!!! What did you do?

• Al
    Alegnab Jun 05, 2009

I got tricked into this same scam! I paid over $500 for magazines that I don't want anymore. I finally paid them fully off about halfway through my payment period. I was fed up with paying them every month. I received my crappy ladies watch which broke about a month into having it and supposedly I'm entered into a drawing for a large pot of money (doubt it). I was told because they recorded me saying that I wouldn't cancel it, that it was legally binding...there is someone who is fighting it at /URL removed/ She might be a good contact. I've called them since I've moved and they changed my address for me so at least they honor that. I'm calling again tomorrow to change my address yet again and I am going to ask them about the jackpot prize.
    Beware because they will call you again (they called at 6:00 am one morning) and try to scam you into MORE! The lady who spoke with me said that for only$2 a week I can upgrade to something else. I said I can't really afford anything right now and very rudely she replies "you can't afford $2 a week?" I said a few nasty words and I haven't heard from them since. Warn you friends and loved ones... DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION UNLESS ITS FROM THE MAGAZINE ITSELF!!!

• Le
    Legal Psycho May 09, 2011

Go to the Federal Trade Commission, and the Fort Lauderdale office of the Florida Attorney General. Go after Mailbox Magazines parent corporation under the Lanham Act because. Publisher's Sweepstakes and Publisher's Clearing Sweepstakes are violations of the Lanham Act (I have helped other consumers with these people and they have used both titles.) Publisher's Sweepstakes is an infringement on Publisher's Clearing House's trademark with the intent to mislead consumers into believing they are dealing with Publisher's Clearing House. Since the intent is to financially profit from said confusion, they are in clear violation of the Lanham Act. Publisher's Sweepstakes is a shell corporation that does nothing but Mailbox Magazines the opportunity to confuse consumers.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices