Magazania Complaints & Reviews

Magazaniabought years subscription for &Family Handyman& and have never received any copies.

I purchased a years subscription for "Family Handyman" magazine from Magazania.com---back in November 2006. Never have received any magazines. Was charged for them. Called the number for "Family Handyman" magazine on Magazania.com and they never received an order from Magazania. Called Magazania and the have answering machine and no one calls back. Here is a copy of my original order on line.
--------------------------------------------------------------
YOUR RECEIPT FOR MAGAZINES ORDERED AT MAGAZANIA.COM
-----------------------------------------------------------------

For Customer Care, please include this entire email in your response
READ important info and RETAIN this receipt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your order. The details are listed below the policies

I. CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS: You may cancel for a full refund
within 48 hours of this order and there are no refunds for any reason
after we transmit your orders to the publishers.
II. OUR SERVICE: Magazania.com is your agent for purchasing
subscriptions and
managing your relationship with publishers. We will assist you with:
address changes, reporting missing issues, renewals, etc.
As your agent, we will make every attempt to assist with future
publisher
grievances, but we are not responsible for lost or missing issues,
business
closures, publisher data entry errors, publishing schedules, etc.

III. PRIVACY: We do not share any personal contact information with any
third parties other than to process your orders. We do email periodic
account updates and renewal notices to our customers. Unless you opt-in
we will not contact you for any other reason.

WHEN WILL MY MAGAZINES ARRIVE?
Subscriptions are fulfilled by the publishers, not Magazania.com. Most
publishers follow industry standard practices for new subscriptions,
resulting in a delivery lag for the first issue:
Bi-Weeklies: 7-10 weeks
Monthlies: 8-11 weeks
Bi-Monthlies: 9-12+ weeks
Seasonal: depends on publishing schedule

YOUR ORDER
You have submitted your order online and chose to pay using
Visa or Mastercard. Your account will be charged within 7 days.
We will securely process your order as requested.

If you have questions, please copy your Order ID: [protected]
and visit our Help Desk at:

Thank you for placing your order with Magazania.com!

MAGAZINES:

Unit or suite:
City: Madison, MO 65263

Address Type: gift

Gift eCard url:

Copy/paste or click the url to see your personalized eCard. You may
print or email it to

subtotal: 24.00

Total: 24.00

• Pa
    Parisa Nov 05, 2006

I ordered a magazine as a gift and 14 weeks later there is still no sign of the magazine. Better yet, the magazine tries to dodge any responsibity after taking the money by refusing cancellations and refunds.

Magazania Jan 23, 2007

They scammed me too. I ordered in October 2006. Now it is end of January 2007. No magazine, no response. help desk service ticket system is shut down.

Be careful!

• Mb
    M. Brisiel May 14, 2007

DO NOT ORDER!!! Tried to order Playboy subscription. I was charged for a year subscription and never received the magazine. Contacted Playboy and they never heard of Magazania. Magazania's entire website offers no real address, the phone lines are always closed and Online Help link leads you to an unknown page. DO NOT ORDER

• Valerie Nov 15, 2008

I ordered 2 magazine subscriptions from Magazania via the Internet in March of 2008. It is now mid-November 2008. I have been receiving one of the magazines with no problem.

I have not received the other magazine in spite of speaking with 3 of their phone reps and sending two emails via the form on their website (I got no response at all from the forms).

The 2nd two people told me I could get a free magazine subscription for the inconvenience. The 3rd person told me she would send me an email by the end of the day with ths solution. I received nothing.

The magazines take months to start coming, so you pay for them with your credit card before you know you're not going to receive the magazines. This leaves you with no recourse. This is probably enough time for many people to forget and just go away.

I Googled the Internet for scams at Magazania and found another site where multiple people complained about not receiving their magazines. This is obviously a scam.

• Ka
    kathryn elizabeth Jul 22, 2009

Good Day,
    On 9/8/07 I Ordered 1 Year Subscription With 2nd Year Free. I Haven/t Received An Issue In Many Months.What Kind Of Service Is This?Please Respond.

Herbert Tuel
    11629 Hadder Lane
    Showel, Md.21862

MagazaniaMagazine is a scam!

This company will take your magazine order subscription, charge your credit card and never send the magazine. You cannot get anyone on the phone and the "helpdesk" service on the internet is now shut down. It's a total scam.

• Bu
    Buddy234567 Mar 28, 2007

Placed a magazine subscription three weeks ago; never gotten any. Checked with the publisher, which of course didn't get anything.

Magazania won't respond to my and the publisher's requests.

Totally fraudulent.

• Ri
    Richard Marson Apr 06, 2007

Sub: Magazania is a scam, don't order from them!

Paid for two magazine subscriptions almost six months ago, never got either of them. No contact info, no e-mail address, no way of contacting this fraudulent company. What a ripoff and a scam. Avoid getting your money stolen from these fakes.

James St. Jean Apr 07, 2007

Total scam. The wait period for your magazine to arrive is past the deadline for your bank to be able to do anything. Magazania wouldn't even respond to the SD Attorney Generals letter. Nothing else I can do unless I hire an attorney.

• Le
    leeskerette Jun 27, 2007

I ordered a subscription a couple months ago... And no magazine ever arrived. I don't know what I was thinking, as I normally check out an unfamiliar site to see if it seems legitimate.

• Le
    Leigha Patton Dec 24, 2007

Same exact thing with my Handy Man subscription and payment. Subscribed at the beginning of June '07. Received an email stating that they had a systems change over and to expect my magazine in December. That was in November!

• Jt
    jtuck2 Nov 15, 2008

I ordered two magazines in March of 2008 and was charged for both. Sounds like I'm lucky. I am receiving one of them just fine. I have never seen the other one (Writer's Digest). It is almost mid November now.

I have followed up with 3 people on the phone about it and have sent them 2 emails. The 2nd and 3rd people both said they would give me a free subscription to my magazine of choice for the inconvenience. Just spoke with the 3rd one yesterday and she said I would have an email from her by COB yesterday. NOTHING.

Need we say more?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices